Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paul Merton - The Series

Started by Egyptian Feast, January 07, 2020, 02:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lankyguy95

Both series are being released on DVD, with commentaries for each episode, recorded this year.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paul-Merton-1-2-DVD/dp/B08J1WLXWF/r

DrGreggles

idunnosomename

i hope it has scene selection and animated menus

Brundle-Fly

At last! 

Meanwhile, enjoy the brilliant 1985 library music theme tune.

Please Maestro - Thierry Durbet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUtU3ZrlXuw

Hand Solo

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 15, 2020, 03:43:14 PM
i hope it has scene selection and animated menus a dolphin in a bathtub

PlanktonSideburns

anyone see that does china exist one off?

Alberon

I remember being quite disappointed by it as I loved The Series. If it's[nb]The Series that is. [/nb] coming out on DVD this is fantastic news.

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 15, 2020, 10:30:06 PM
anyone see that does china exist one off?

Someone (I believe from this parish) put the whole show up on YouTube earlier this year.  (It's not great.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbMPloUSI70

Brundle-Fly

I watched the latest HIGNFY the other night, Has Paul Merton's voice risen a couple of octaves?  He sounded like his balls were in a vice.

petril

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on October 15, 2020, 09:11:22 PM
At last! 

Meanwhile, enjoy the brilliant 1985 library music theme tune.

Please Maestro - Thierry Durbet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUtU3ZrlXuw

bizarrely I've spent years trying to track that down properly and never managed. Even got the Young Ones end theme before this

Cold Meat Platter

Love this series. The POW sketch. The author who had lifted whole pages from a book about chickens. The security guards and the camera. I think it was on just about when I first got a TV in my room as a kid and was up till all hours watching ch4 for comedy, weird Eastern European animations and continental films with nudity.

Absolutely, Whose Line... , Vic Reeves. That live thing with Frank Skinner. Good formative comedy experiences.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 17, 2020, 10:30:46 PM
The security guards and the camera.
Top five sketch of all time, for me.

Hand Solo

That live thing with Frank Skinner. Good formative comedy experiences.

What was the live thing?

Cold Meat Platter

Brundle-Fly

Mr Banlon

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 08, 2020, 12:25:23 AM
There was a nice pisstake of the legendary early 90s Rap'Tou advert, I recall.
Rap'Tou/Abdominizer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvQO_xMrsw

zomgmouse

watched through this several years ago. brilliant stuff. the one i recall the most is the inner monologue about not having a train ticket. can't remember which ep that was from

petril

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Icehaven

Love this series. The POW sketch... The security guards and the camera.

I still remember both of those and how brilliant they were even though it was nearly 30 years ago, I was about 12 at the time and I haven't seen them since. I can't wait for the DVD.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: icehaven on October 19, 2020, 09:49:16 PM
I still remember both of those and how brilliant they were even though it was nearly 30 years ago, I was about 12 at the time and I haven't seen them since. I can't wait for the DVD.

It's up on the ALL4 player

Icehaven

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 19, 2020, 09:52:48 PM
It's up on the ALL4 player

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to the commentary though!

thr0b

It's all ruined on All4 anyway (unless they have fixed it since I last watched it a few months ago.)

The usual All4 problem - 4:3 material has been zoomed to 16:9 and then cropped to 4:3. The worst of all possible worlds.

letsgobrian

Quote from: thr0b on October 20, 2020, 12:35:20 PM
It's all ruined on All4 anyway (unless they have fixed it since I last watched it a few months ago.)

The usual All4 problem - 4:3 material has been zoomed to 16:9 and then cropped to 4:3. The worst of all possible worlds.

I think it's just the All4 app that screws the ratio up. Playing it through the website on a browser the ratio appears correctly.

Alberon

Due on the 23rd November according to Amazon.

Famous Mortimer

The continuity sketch had me crying with laughter. And "he learned French the hard way. From a Spaniard".

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 31, 2020, 03:17:07 AM
And "he learned French the hard way. From a Spaniard".

In his book he says that joke came to him during sexual intercourse, and he had to break away to jot it down. I think. It all hinges on the funniness of the word 'Spaniard', as my French teacher was German, which must have been harder surely.

privatefriend

In s02e03 he does a worse version of Harry Hill's "what is it about people who repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys?" joke. A favourite joke of mine, but who did it first? (fiiiigggght). I suspect thievery on Mertons part but could be wrong.

He later redeems himself with "he was a workaholic, he sometimes
Spoiler alert
drank 3 bottles of workahol a day"
[close]