Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:16:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Films that unexpectedly FUCKING GO FOR IT

Started by madhair60, January 08, 2020, 02:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Hellbound: Hellraiser 2. yeah it's hellraiser, I know, but I wasn't prepared for how HARD COCKED this one goes. it's mental. guts everywhere, nasty as fuck. must be the nastiest film put out by a major studio, or one of them anyway. barely a scene goes by without some cunt having their skin off.

what films have you seen that went FULL BORE CARNAGE?

I remember going to the cinema to see From Dusk Till Dawn knowing nothing except Tarantino was involved, it certainly took an unexpected turn.

Was the day I fell in love with Salma Hayak too.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Speaking of Tarantino, I suppose it's to be expected, but the carnage in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was so sudden and so very over the top that it caught me completely off guard.

See also The Hateful Eight. If I remember right, there was some violence in the first half, but it was relatively subdued. Coming back from the intermission, I wasn't expecting the film to turn on a sixpence into some sort of Raimi-esque gorefest.

Kurt Russell's other bonkers Western from that year, Bone Tomahawk, is also pretty goddamned hardcore.

bgmnts

Hellraiser 2 is absolute nonsense but so fun.

Blumf

Possession (1981) - I mean, yeah, I was expecting a bit of horror n that, but fuck me.

madhair60

Quote from: bgmnts on January 08, 2020, 03:06:51 PM

It astonishes me how utterly repellent it is. There's some outrageous imagery in there. Even the recreated scenes from the original film are made more violent!

Day of the Locust starts fairly quiet then ramps things up, and the ending has to be seen to be believed.

samadriel

I liked the ferocity with which Wolverine kills the invading soldiers early on in X2, quite satisfying.

lipsink

Climax is fucking mental. Good lord. I only saw it last week but I'd love to be able to watch it for the first time again.

neveragain

BlodwynPig

Minotaur 2020 is a savage watch after the relative calm of Fateteen and 19

Kryton

Braindead by Peter Jackson is fucking mental. Still probably the goriest film I've ever seen.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I've not seen it since it was in the cinemas, but I remember Thirty Days of Night being a surprisingly full on gorefest.

On the subject of vampires (and possibly the same director) I've heard that the last Twilight film, of all things, climaxes with an amazingly OTT battle, with people getting graphically ripped apart and whatnot.

Quote from: bgmnts on January 08, 2020, 03:06:51 PM
It's basically shite, but Doctor Channard is a great villain/monster - floating around, suspended by that big, gross willy worm and firing Swiss army snakes from his palms. His death, while nonsensical, is wonderfully grotty.

chveik

another mention for the ending of The Day of the Locust. absolute scenes

BeardFaceMan

Crank 2, obviously. It's like they looked at the first film and thought "well yeah, that was impressively batshit, but this time, lets really fucking go for it." Any film that ends with Jason Statham giving the audience the finger, while on fucking fire, gets my vote.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on January 08, 2020, 05:41:08 PM
Crank 2, obviously. It's like they looked at the first film and thought "well yeah, that was impressively batshit, but this time, lets really fucking go for it." Any film that ends with Jason Statham giving the audience the finger, while on fucking fire, gets my vote.

Have you got a screenshot?

PlanktonSideburns

did you watch brawl in cellblock 99 madhair? feel like it would be your sort of thing

greenman

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on January 08, 2020, 05:41:08 PM

Most obviously...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TazlEr6pIMk

Sin Agog

Need to rewatch Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky.  Not a gore fiend or anything, but my memory of that film is it's so fucking more in every possible way.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 08, 2020, 05:45:33 PM
Have you got a screenshot?

Not to hand, no.

Quote from: greenman on January 08, 2020, 06:03:17 PM
Most obviously...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TazlEr6pIMk

God yeah, that whole film is just mental. And Mike Patton doing the soundtrack too, they couldn't have got more craziness for their buck, lovely stuff.

While Crank 2 is just crazy all the way through, Society fits the thread title more. That ending comes out of nowhere and really does fucking go for it.

Kryton

Warrior King (Tony Jaa) has a great fucking going for it fight scene. I think it's a few takes made to look like one long take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqw369ZskMk

The Raid is also mental.

Dewt

Nothing to add really but this has got me into thinking about watching Hellraiser (for the first time) again. I looks like it's exactly the kind of horror I do like. Plus I watched a clip and the brilliant Cenobite man said "No tears please" like in Cradle of Filth's hilarious "Her Ghost In The Fog", using his exact same mouth.

Kryton

If we want bat-shit mental then look no further than Endhiran (Bollywood Terminator).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsRgtaS70WA

(Formation mode: Sphere).

imitationleather

There's more bare breasts than the 10 year old me would have dared dream in Carry On England.

Rizla

Quote from: Kryton on January 08, 2020, 06:24:58 PM
Wow, I'd somehow forgotten about that.
Haha fucking amazing. I've seen that film and i have no memory whatsoever of that bit either. I remember some madness involving a head in a fishtank though. Must watch it again.

SteK

'The Fly' sets me off, when he idly and easily pulls his jaw off like a loose tooth. And vomiting acid on that guys leg and hand before eating it, as apparently flies do that to eat (haven't checked, but I bet they don't).

brat-sampson

I saw Cabin in the Woods in the cinema having read as little as possible and was utterly overjoyed when towards the end they decided to break loose and play with all the fucking toys.

Brundle-Fly

Hellbound is magnificent as is the nominated Braindead. on this thread.

I think more recently, No Escape (2015) unexpectedly goes completely bananas.

Jim Bob

Quote from: SteK on January 08, 2020, 07:19:17 PM
'The Fly' sets me off, when he idly and easily pulls his jaw off like a loose tooth. And vomiting acid on that guys leg and hand before eating it, as apparently flies do that to eat (haven't checked, but I bet they don't).

QuoteSince they cannot chew, flies have to dissolve solid food into liquid, or at least into particles measuring 0.45 millimeters or less. ... The house fly then uses its proboscis to suck up the liquefied food.