Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:02:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Characters in film that you want to get it and then they get it......

Started by SteK, January 08, 2020, 07:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteK

Died Hard, the first one, the office guy with the beard on Gruber's walky-talky being all smug and telling our hero to give up and says something about '...we're all laying our lives on the line here, capiche?' Sly smile to Herr G, MacLaine warns him but he takes no notice and gets what he deserves, a hail of bullets.

Tough luck, Buster!

Also Ian Holm as the simulant or whatever they called them in Alien, and in  Aliens, the smug American wheeler dealer who risked everyones lives for a fucking percentage!

Go, Ripley!!

bgmnts

Clarence Boddicker.
Sully in Commando.
Killian in the Running Man.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: bgmnts on January 08, 2020, 07:27:48 PM
Clarence Boddicker.
Sully in Commando.
Killian in the Running Man.

Great choices. I enjoy the antics of Clarence and his gang of cunts so much, I'm almost rooting for them to succeed, but then we'd be denied their spectacular demises. It's a shame the "Does it hurt? Does it hurt?" guy doesn't get a better send-off though, I always forget how he gets it.

Verhoeven does great bad guys. You know Michael Ironside in Total Recall is going to get a good death, but getting his arms lopped off and falling from a great height? Truly a gift we didn't deserve.

I caught the last half an hour of some Jean Claude Van Damme film (Sudden Death?) on telly a while back. I would've kept flicking but Powers Boothe was in it and I had to see how they dealt with him. Not only did he have a spectacular exploding helicopter demise, it was such an innovative and original exploding helicopter demise it has set the bar so high for subsequent exploding helicopter demises I fear it will never be topped.

Shout out to the Russian heavy in Rambo 3 who dies gloriously by falling from a great height with a rope around his neck and a live grenade on his belt. The coveted triple-demise.

I recall hating my first encounter with Owen Wilson in The Haunting so much I cheered when his head got lopped off by a fireplace or something. The sole highlight of one of the worst movies in history.

My favourite is James Belushi being slowly fed into an industrial meat grinder feet first in the 90 minute opening scene of Red Heat. Sadly never made it into the theatrical or home video versions, but I saw it over at a mate's house. You wouldn't know him, he goes to a different school.

madhair60

QuoteAliens, the smug American wheeler dealer who risked everyones lives for a fucking percentage!

The oft-told anecdote is that Paul Reiser's own parents cheered at the premiere when Burke gets grabbed.

Jerzy Bondov

Benicio Del Toro in Licence to Kill. Nasty piece of work he is. 'Don't worry, we gave her a nice honeymooOOOOon' he says. Bastard. Bond puts him in a cocaine mashing machine.

Sebastian Cobb

Luther screaming off screen as he's getting set upon by The Riffs.

SteK

Commando - Time to let off some steam Bennett...

Is it me or was the actor playing Bennett truly awful?

Blumf

Quote from: SteK on January 09, 2020, 12:40:03 PM
Is it me or was the actor playing Bennett truly awful?

!?... !?... !!!!!????

Most wrong sentence in the history of the world!

H-O-W-L

Nicky Santoro. Likeable from time to time but the mistakes he make are so greivous.

Chollis

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Alberon

Brundle-Fly

Kryton

Pretty much any of the cast but especially Sunny in Dead Man's shoes.

'You'll fuckin' dance at my party'.

Egyptian Feast

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Chollis on January 09, 2020, 02:29:07 PM
always makes me a feel a bit ill watching that death scene

Frankie... Frankie... he's still breathin'...
WHAK.

I agree, really. He deserved to git dun but the way they ended up doing it was so gratuitous...

lipsink

I realise that there may be SPOILERS below for people who haven't seen the films. But these 2 films I nearly fucking jumped up cheering when these characters were killed.

Miller's Crossing - Bernie

The Mist - Mrs. Carmody

Dex Sawash

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Mr Potter in It's a Wonderful Life. We never actually see the bitter old money-grabbing cunt meet his deserved end, but you just know he probably died of a heart attack when he heard that George had been rescued by the townsfolk.

Good. I hate that guy. A real jerk.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

That bit in Jaws where Mayor Larry Vaughan appears to be suffering a nervous breakdown in the hospital. He keeps muttering to himself, "I was working in the town's best interests" etc, clearly consumed with guilt and self-loathing. That's satisfying.

Massively undermined, of course, by the fact that he's still Mayor in Jaws 2.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on January 11, 2020, 01:47:37 PM
Massively undermined, of course, by the fact that he's still Mayor in Jaws 2.

And still doesn't believe Brody when he says that there's another shark (at least initially)!  What an arse.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on January 11, 2020, 01:44:25 PM
Mr Potter in It's a Wonderful Life. We never actually see the bitter old money-grabbing cunt meet his deserved end, but you just know he probably died of a heart attack when he heard that George had been rescued by the townsfolk.

Good. I hate that guy. A real jerk.

But crucially, Mr Potter doesn't get it, does he?  For all we know, he could've moved into a fancy care home, surrounded himself with sexy 1950s cheesecake nurses, drank the finest Bourbon and lived happily to a hundred and five.

pigamus

The TV repairman (I think that's what he was) in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, the fat one with glasses, who is shown being really obnoxious and rude to Henry and his friend, before they show him the error of his ways.  Apparently it was the director doing a cameo.

SteK

Quote from: pigamus on January 11, 2020, 04:25:08 PM
The bad guy in Ghost

Willy Lopez?!

My oldest daughter now nearly 30 is still creeped out by the 'black spirits' that came for him. Apparently the sound they made is slowed-down baby-crying....