Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:58:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Characters in film that you want to get it and then they get it......

Started by SteK, January 08, 2020, 07:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

The bully guy in 'Drillbit Taylor'. Lovely stuff when he gets battered.

Mantle Retractor

George McFly chinning Biff in Back To The Future is suitably cathartic

I cheered out loud when D-FENS stabbed and then shot the neo-nazi to death in Falling Down.

Mrs Deagle flying out of the window after the Gremlins tampered with her stair lift.

Frank Booth getting his head blown off in Blue Velvet.

SteK

The posh kid in Some Kinda Wonderful, when the skinhead threatens him. Doesn't twat him though, so it's not wholly satisfying.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Not so much the character, but I watched Point Break the other day and was amused to see Anthony Kiedis get shot in the foot. On the other hand, I've always found it unsatisfying that Swayze basically gets away scot free at the end.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 12, 2020, 04:05:00 PM
Not so much the character, but I watched Point Break the other day and was amused to see Anthony Kiedis get shot in the foot. On the other hand, I've always found it unsatisfying that Swayze basically gets away scot free at the end.

Well, sort of. He drowns to death doing what he loves because of the brospect he and Ted have built up.

Quote from: Mantle Retractor on January 11, 2020, 10:06:38 PM
George McFly chinning Biff in Back To The Future is suitably cathartic

I went to see BTTF at a free showing in a park a couple of years ago, so of course there were a lot of late teens / twenty-somethings doing their thing where they dress up like the 50s and drink craft beer on a vintage picnic blanket. Very tedious, they were just laughing non-stop for about the first 30 or 40 minutes. Not really at anything, just the fact that the movie had the audacity to be from the past and think it was cool. They got into it after a while, and it warmed my old heart that they all broke out into cheers when Biff finally got smacked.

I nominate the Karate Kid, that bit where LaRusso crane-kicks the smirk off that smug blond bastards face.

SteK

Joss Ackland in one of the Lethal Weapon movies.

Diplomatic immunity!

Bang!

...has just been revoked!

Although for maximum effect Danny Glover should have said his line THEN shot him cos then he'd know his fate, heightening the effect.

I wonder though about the legality of it, it was cold-blooded murder....

Similarly, when Patsy Kensit drowned she deserved that for the miserable attempt at a South African accent she adopted.....

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 12, 2020, 06:31:21 PM
Well, sort of. He drowns to death doing what he loves because of the brospect he and Ted have built up.
The film should have ended with Reeves nicking the surfboard and riding the big wave himself. "Wheeeeeee" he yells, as Swayze sits on the shore and cries his squinty little eyes out.

Mantle Retractor

I was always disappointed McMurphy never finished off Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Mantle Retractor

I can't say I've ever watched Shark Attack 3: Megalodon but from watching this clip I reckon the poundshop Robert Vaughn on a jet ski deserves his fate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_uHHMKR1Cw

The tuxedoed life jacket thief at the start seems like a bit of a twat as well.

SteK

Anton Rogers character in The Fourth Protocol, such a smug twat and know-it-all, fecking do-gooder, Ian Richardson kippered him excellently...

"...just you, and your schoolboy politics..."....

Might watch that tonight.....

Always enjoyed watching Ralph Fiennes copping it at the end of Schindler's List.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on January 11, 2020, 08:00:44 PMThe TV repairman (I think that's what he was) in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, the fat one with glasses, who is shown being really obnoxious and rude to Henry and his friend, before they show him the error of his ways.  Apparently it was the director doing a cameo.

Nah, Ray Atherton played the TV-headed guy, John McNaughton was the director. I agree though, it's quite a satisfying end for such a bellend character who shit-talks the wrong guys.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Mantle Retractor on January 12, 2020, 08:17:15 PM
I was always disappointed McMurphy never finished off Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

I read something on Cracked(?) recently where the attitude towards this character in the movie is now considered highly problematic. So think on...etc etc...

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on January 14, 2020, 08:07:47 PM
I read something on Cracked(?) recently where the attitude towards this character in the movie is now considered highly problematic. So think on...etc etc...

That article can fuck off, she's a total cunt who abuses and mutilates the mentally ill to feel a semblance of power, and when her power is removed the worthlessness of her existence is made so clatteringly clear. She definitely deserved a good shoeing.

Similar note: Francis Dolarhyde, in Manhunter, who is often given apologism on the internet but, in Will Graham's own words, deserves to be blown out of his socks.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: H-O-W-L on January 15, 2020, 04:17:48 PM
Similar note: Francis Dolarhyde, in Manhunter, who is often given apologism on the internet but, in Will Graham's own words, deserves to be blown out of his socks.

Jesus, who's making excuses for that family-slaughtering, art-munching git? If anyone deserves to be blown out of their socks, it's that prick.

Egyptian Feast

Although he does bite the lips off that tabloid journalist and set him on fire, which is nice.

bgmnts

I couldn't even imagine how hard it would be working with the mentally ill in those conditions during that time, maybe Ratched was a kind, compassionate administrator early on and just got ground down.

Francis Dolarhyde is a bit harder, he was bullied for his tiny cleft palate wasn't he? That's it.