Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:24:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Harry and Meghan giving up royal duties [split topic]

Started by imitationleather, January 08, 2020, 06:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ajsmith2 on January 09, 2020, 09:25:25 AM
Isn't this part of a new PR plan to present a new slimmed down Royal family for the 2020s consisting only of the direct lineage of first borns and their partners? (hence sidelining the undesirable Andrew): Harry and Meghan as necessary collateral casualties of title in the real overall battle to wipe the stain of the Duke of York off the brand. The new publicity photos they issued for 2020 consisting of only Queen and 'three future kings' have been interpreted as being part of this attempted reboot.

Fuck me, this bald cunt is doing his best to look like Wallace, isn't he. Get some Wendsleydale up him.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 09, 2020, 02:22:41 PM
Fair play, Bants and Syoots, the CoD must be gutted that The Cool Prince and The Woke Princess won't be around to make her ghastly family look vaguely modern and credible anymore as per the PR plan.

I'd be more impressed if Bants abdicated and they gave up Frogmore Cottage and gave a load of their cash to charity though. Still, it beats Wills being a "gentleman farmer" and doing fuck-all on our dime.

Also The Bants and Syoots Foundation or whatever will apparently be a global rather than British thing, with more funding planned for projects in Africa and projects aiming to further women's empowerment- damn you Syoots, I can't help liking you for pissing off the gammons. Bwahahahaha.

The first thing I thought when I saw this story was aw man, I hope it doesn't delay the new series of The Windsors as it undergoes a lot of hasty rewriting.

Sebastian Cobb

Fair enough. Still wastes of space but better they're distancing themselves from it.

I like how the papers are all incredulous about it, despite it being a direct result of the way they've treated Meghan and the death of Diana, plus their 'don't like it, stop being royal' attitude.

Jerzy Bondov

Lady in my office says that Meghan is stealing Harry away from his family. 'Nasty and manipulative'
I told her they should all go to the guillotine and my manager intervened.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 09, 2020, 02:47:36 PM
The first thing I thought when I saw this story was aw man, I hope it doesn't delay the new series of The Windsors as it undergoes a lot of hasty rewriting.

I do hope B'n'E do another comedy song about their dad.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 09, 2020, 02:22:41 PMStill, it beats Wills being a "gentleman farmer" and doing fuck-all on our dime.

To be fair, that was hardly his decision.  By all accounts he thoroughly enjoyed his proper job as an air ambulance pilot, and was not happy at being ordered to give it up a couple of years ago, to go back to London and play full-time grand-heir.

I wonder if he's actually envious of Harry for managing to get out of all that bullshit?

Has anybody managed to get Marc Almond's take on the news yet?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on January 09, 2020, 02:59:35 PM
Lady in my office says that Meghan is stealing Harry away from his family. 'Nasty and manipulative'

To be fair to Syoots, a lot of possessive and controlling parents like to claim their son or daughter's partner is "stealing them away from our family" when the truth is that the partner's family are just nicer.

I know, Thomas Markle and all that, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bants had just had enough of his weird relatives.

Dr Trouser

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on January 09, 2020, 02:39:58 PM
Fuck me, this bald cunt is doing his best to look like Wallace, isn't he. Get some Wendsleydale up him.

Icehaven

If I had his family I'd be quite happy to marry someone who gave me an excuse to get the fuck away from them stole me away from them too.

Jerzy Bondov

He doesn't even spend time with his paedo uncle any more :-(

imitationleather

If my Nan (was still alive and) had control over my life decisions even though I'm in my thirties I wonder what she'd be deciding for me.

Blue Jam

Quote from: imitationleather on January 09, 2020, 03:24:28 PM
If my Nan (was still alive and) had control over my life decisions even though I'm in my thirties I wonder what she'd be deciding for me.

Mine would be sending me to church for Mass every Sunday and getting me to pick up 200 Embassy for her on the way back.

Sebastian Cobb

Elites protecting the elites, fucking typical.

Doesn't matter, he isn't Charles's kid anyway so doesn't qualify as "royal".

Captain Crunch

David Icke has his say:

Honestly thought that was flames behind them, I should really swicth off the Icke updates. 

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Gulftastic on January 08, 2020, 08:15:04 PM
'Financially self sufficient' = 'living off the interest generated by the immense wealth I've already been gifted merely by being born into the right family'?
I pretty much share this sentiment but I'm so pleased by how much this has apparently upset Buckingham Palace, along with all the royalist goons, that to highlight it now feels like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Jittlebags

Apparently they only get 5% of their income from the public purse. The remainder is gifted by Charles from the profits of his shortbread and mixed biscuits mine in Cornwall.

Sebastian Cobb

Apparently the reason it got announced before they told the Palace is because the sun were going to run with it, so they got there first. Now the press are going 'how rude, didn't even tell his nan'.

Ambient Sheep

They should use their money to set up their own tabloid...

Meanwhile, I can just imagine the conversation from Phil: "You see Liz, this is exactly the sort of thing that happens when you let a ****** into the firm..."

idunnosomename

Quite frankly id move the staff of the sun to the front of the guillotine queue

Sebastian Cobb

Guillotine/Boot the lot out and turn the Palace into a homeless shelter.

Replies From View

Who can become the king or queen after lizabeth at this point?

gatchamandave

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on January 09, 2020, 04:58:07 PM
They should use their money to set up their own tabloid...

Meanwhile, I can just imagine the conversation from Phil: "You see Liz, this is exactly the sort of thing that happens when you let a ****** into the firm..."

"So Mrs Mountbatten, the clue is...people who annoy you. That's people who annoy you..."

" Colonials ? "

"Ooohhh..."

BritishHobo

Oh this shit is making me too angry. Loads and loads of people who cream themselves over the Royals usually, suddenly finding a moral high ground about 'living off our money' when one of them ends up being black

Remember when Hilary Mantel wrote that article about Kate, and everyone shit themselves? Yeah, funny that. AAAAAH HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT A WHITE PRINCESS LIKE THAT HOW DARE YOU EVER BE CRITICAL AT ALL