Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,345
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:08:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

British High Street Death List 2020

Started by Blue Jam, January 10, 2020, 01:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 23, 2020, 03:14:47 PM
Oh yes there is that, but M&S bras were always crap. Maybe they were better-made in the past, but they were still frumpy and badly-fitting. Now they're less frumpy, less well-made and still badly-fitting.

This. Also in small towns it may be one of the few big places to go to for undercrackers.

why don't you repurpose Covid masks?

Alberon

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 23, 2020, 03:02:34 PM
My other half was all about M&S and Victoria's Secret until a few years back when their undies started disintegrating after five minutes.

I bet they did you dirty old bollocks.

Blue Jam

Jasha

Quote from: mippy on June 23, 2020, 02:02:28 PM
Victoria's Secret is notoriously bad at bra fitting - they will add inches to the back size in order to get you to 'fit' in their range as it stops at about an E cup.

Can we have a Buzby explanation please

Dex Sawash

Blue Jam

Swissport fucked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53163698

I understand that Embra Airport has been pretty much deid since March. This is bad news, unless it also means the Harry Potter Shop there is fucked.

bgmnts

The CEOs are still earning hundreds of thousands of pounds to millions of pounds a year though, yeah?

BlodwynPig

Deffo not getting on a plane again in my lifetime.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 24, 2020, 07:35:40 PM

Because the Coronavirus is going to last another thirty or forty years?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 24, 2020, 07:53:22 PM
Because the Coronavirus is going to last another thirty or forty years?

No, because standards will drop. Staff will be disgruntled. Pilots drunk and wild eyed. Planes will fall from the sky.. British Airways will take Ryan Air rusted scrap planes.

bgmnts

Isn't this sort of what happens in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome?

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: bgmnts on June 24, 2020, 09:21:56 PM
Isn't this sort of what happens in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome?

but Tina is nowhere to be seen.

Butchers Blind

I would like to hear more about the bras.

Took a plane this morning, got a complementary slice of cake - very nice

Danger Man

Deffo not getting on a plane until August 7th.

Hopefully it will be empty because of all the Blodwyn bedshitters and they tell me I can sit in A1 as nobody else is on the plane.

Danger Man

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 24, 2020, 11:12:08 PM
Took a plane this morning, got a complementary slice of cake - very nice

Tell us more about the cake. Lemon cake?

Danger Man

Quote from: Danger Man on June 24, 2020, 11:47:36 PM

Hopefully it will be empty because of all the Blodwyn bedshitters and they tell me I can sit in A1 as nobody else is on the plane.

And then they tell me that all the stewardesses on the plane are really horny because nobody flies anymore and what am I going to do about it?

vbaivbijv;ibnkvdo;ink'aspoklm b bnvmwpoe[pjcvm

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Danger Man on June 24, 2020, 11:47:36 PM

cheeky cunt. I have a fear of flying. I hope you disappear up the Bermuda Anus, prick.

Paul Calf

Don't be afraid of flying. It is ace and exciting and very safe.

There. Problem sorted. Next up: Israel/Palestine.

dandoystevski

Just give them a second series, Israel, you shit.

Hold on is Palestine Partridge?

Blue Jam

Stop going on about Benjamin Netanyahu, you're never going to meet him.

sirhenry

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 24, 2020, 09:20:04 PM
Pilots drunk and wild eyed. Planes will fall from the sky.
They're not drunk, they're brain damaged and absent-minded, very like Alzheimer's. Though it will be at least a decade[nb]though more likely not until they have electric planes[/nb] before any airline actually gets round to admitting there is a problem. Let alone that it's their fault.

Hope that helps, Blodwyn.

Fr.Bigley

Has Dickie Drummond's discount canned meats gone out of business as well? My local branch is shut!

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 25, 2020, 08:18:23 AM
cheeky cunt. I have a fear of flying. I hope you disappear up the Bermuda Anus, prick.

Lifehack:

Play Danger Zone as the plane is taking off, you will feel like you are Tom Cruise in a jet and no longer fear the tin can in the sky.
Worked for me.

BlodwynPig

why is everyone so desperate for me to get on a plane?

if I die in a plane crash I will haunt you all.

Pink Gregory

I never watched the A-Team, I know B.A. wouldn't get on no plane, but how was he with helicopters?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 24, 2020, 05:10:04 PM
Swissport fucked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53163698

It's also just announced that the boss of the other air services company John Menzies is taking to drink going to work for Grant's Distillers and they're not replacing him and "restructuring". Soon even if there are airplanes, it'll be left to the cabin crew to clean them, carry bags, perform light maintenance, and buy crisps at the cash and carry. Ryanair, in other words.

Between that and Rowling, it's the perfect storm for Harry Potter merch. Stop dreaming of a career in wand-whittling.

Attila

One of those student housing conglomcos bought up a corner lot adjacent to my (small) university's campus and started to build one of their monstronsities in spring of 2019, saying it would be finished and housing students by September 2019. Last time I was on campus to collect a few books from my office three months ago, it was still unfinished. The students I've talked to about it have said rooms there are extortionately priced, so none of them are particularly interested in moving into it when they can just rent with housemates in the usual studenty-type streets around and near campus.

The people building it/running it have been a right pain in the backside -- endless construction noise all day during lectures and stuff, builders constantly letching on both students and staff who have to walk past them. There are flats opposite that used to have a lovely view of green space, trees, and an old crumbly Victorian house with a beautiful garden that was demolished for this accommodation -- now they get to look at a 5 story blandsville. Apparently, during out Open Days, the company gets people to dress in our university's tee-shirts and hoodies and wander around the prospective parents and students, pretending to be our uni's students and touting how wonderful this accommodation is going to be.

I wonder if it's been finished/worked on during the lockdown or if it's going to end up being like that big, unfinished hotel in North Korea, looming over our little campus.

mippy

Quote from: Jasha on June 24, 2020, 09:14:52 AM
Can we have a Buzby explanation please

OK. There are two elements to a bra size - the back size (the number) and the cup size (the letter). The back size is a fixed measurement - if you measure 36" around the underbust, you take a 36 band. The cup size is about proportion - how much bigger the breast is than the back size. What this means is that the volume of the cup on, say, a 32D and a 36D are different - there is no fixed size for a cupsize, despite what Mr Costanza said about 'D being the biggest'. All the breasts here are the same size - just the measurement of the back is different:

Now, in the past bra sizes were measured by adding four inches to the underbust measurement - so someone measuring 36" around the underbust would have been told they wear a 40 band. This means that your back size is too loose, and the cups are too small, because the proportion is all wrong. As an example, someone measured using the 'old' method (which M+S) still use would be told they are, say, a 40B instead of a 36F, which isn't going to be a good fit at all. This is bad for your back, bad for your posture, and just generally makes you look worse.

Victoria's Secret only go up to an E cup, so if you go in and you're not in their size range, they will suggest you buy a bigger band size in order to try and get your boobs to fit (which will then be way too loose on the back) rather than just saying 'try somewhere else'.

Blumf

Welp, it's finally official, Intu done:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53195980
QuoteThe owner of some of the UK's biggest shopping centres, Intu, will collapse into administration.

The firm, which owns the Trafford Centre, the Lakeside complex, and Braehead, said earlier it had not reached an agreement in financial restructuring talks with its lenders.

Its centres will stay open under administrators KPMG.

Wonder if the work on the exterior of Merry Hill will be completed.