Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,362
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:23:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Extinction Rebellion listed as extremist ideology [split topic]

Started by jobotic, January 10, 2020, 06:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

Error of judgement apparently and might be withdrawn, others on the list to be reviewed.

Zetetic

And Counter Terrorism Policing South East, not a national body.

But, it's notable that they set out a justification under Why are they a threat?:
"An anti-establishment philosophy that seeks system change underlies its activism;  the group attracts to its events school-age children and adults unlikely to be aware of this. While non-violent against persons, the campaign encourages other law-breaking activities"

Which undermines the argument that the authors "were seeking to point out that extremists target vulnerable people within activist movements", which is what the National Prevent Co-ordinator is claiming.

Kryton

DCS Kath Barnes, the head of CCTPSE, said: "I would like to make it quite clear that we do not classify Extinction Rebellion as an extremist organisation. The inclusion of Extinction Rebellion in this document was an error of judgment and we will now be reviewing all of the contents as a result.

Zetetic

What was the error of judgement?

What did someone judge erroneously?

Funcrusher

Our chums from the security services will without doubt be infiltrating XE, and may go for a bit of agent provocateur and other such tactics. I read a book a few years ago by a former GCHQ nutter who amongst other predictions claimed that an alliance between eco groups and radical Islamic terrorists was highly likely. This is what these psychopaths believe.

jobotic

The error of judgment was allowing it to be publicised.

Expect staff in trade unions to be on a suspect list in schools soon.

Sebastian Cobb

Known members will almost certainly be classed as 'domestic extremists'. In good company alongside people like Mark Thomas.

https://netpol.org/domestic-extremism/

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: jobotic on January 10, 2020, 07:00:37 PM
The error of judgment was allowing it to be publicised.

Expect staff in trade unions to be on a suspect list in schools soon.

Funny you should say that. I was reading this earlier.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/01/10/fck-boris-are-schoolchildren-now-under-political-surveillance-by-the-government/

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

Fucking HELL.  The guide says signs someone is involved in Extinction Rebellion might be the use of phrases like "rise up" or "rebel".

Rise up, rebel, against this fucking bullshit.  Thanks in advance.

Oh, and FUCK THE POLICE, no offence.

idunnosomename

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 10, 2020, 08:41:37 PM
No one knows who i am
Blodwyn Pig was a British blues rock band, founded in 1968 by guitarist–vocalist–songwriter Mick Abrahams.

Pinball

Not Extinction. Is Rebellion. All in a good media-exciting cause though.

Next up- Paedophile Food Standards Agency. Nothing to do with paedophiles, but you're reading intently now, ain't ya? And it's bound to raise food standards so who cares about the ethics or truth of the campaign? Bums on seats.

Now where's that young female autistic? Shame she isn't more attractive. Now that would get the red tops topless.

selectivememory

Quote from: Pinball on January 11, 2020, 12:04:42 AM
Now where's that young female autistic? Shame she isn't more attractive. Now that would get the red tops topless.

Yikes.

tourism

kittens

when pinball sobers up he's going to be real embarrassed

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just shows you that no matter how benign the state may appear, their definition of extremist starts and ends with people who want a change to the existing system and are campaigning for it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Buelligan

Quote from: tourism on January 11, 2020, 08:06:01 AM
what a cursed post by a weird old twat

Heheh, you're right but he's a victim too.  I'd guess extremist parents crushed every bit of life and beauty out of the poor sod.  I've reported them to Prevent as a precaution.

Quote from: WikipediaThe Stasi was the official state security service of the German Democratic Republic (East Germany).  One of its main tasks was spying on the population, mainly through a vast network of citizens turned informants, and fighting any opposition by overt and covert measures.

Pinball

So satire is dead then? It's easy to see why. Remember how this is a comedy forum? Sheesh.

Some things aren't funny? It's all funny, and worthy of ridicule.

My point is that lies and weirdness are tolerated when it helps the cause. And, quite clearly, God help anyone who criticises that group think.

I support climate protestors BTW, but saying we will be extinct in a couple of years is unscientific and silly.

Pinball

Quote from: tourism on January 11, 2020, 08:06:01 AM
what a cursed post by a weird old twat
I came here for an argument, but this is abuse ;-)

Well-practised social media-trained suppression of dissent and freedom of speech in the modern age. What a shame.

tourism

oh no I mistook the brilliant freewheeling satirist for a decaying misogynist

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteWell-practised social media-trained suppression of dissent and freedom of speech in the modern age

Ah, we the bad men are just obeying the suppression commands of our Lords and Masters?

Jesus.

Take a look at yourself you crumbling sandcastle.

Danger Man

Quote from: Pinball on January 11, 2020, 10:52:29 AM
I support climate protestors BTW, but saying we will be extinct in a couple of years is unscientific and silly.

Strange to think that 'The End of the World is Nigh' still continues even when people have stopped being religious.

Pinball

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 11, 2020, 11:16:29 AM
Take a look at yourself you crumbling sandcastle.
Personal abuse is not debate, but is an effective way of suppressing debate. Why not address the points made?