Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:41:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The song that's been in your head most

Started by peanutbutter, January 11, 2020, 07:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egyptian Feast

Erasure have been taking over my brain recently. Last week it was 'It Doesn't Have To Be', this week it's 'You Surround Me', though a couple of tunes from the Weyes Blood album have been competing with it.

mrfridge

Stand Back by Stevie Nicks.

Why Can't I Touch it by Buzzcocks

Fatalist Palmistry by Why?

They're all fucking great so it's not like I'm massively irritated by the intrusion, but all three (and especially the Buzzcocks track) are playing in the background of my mind on a daily basis. What could it all mean? Nothing presumably but there you go...

hummingofevil

Empathise with so many of you about your selections.

Shellac and Tomahawk definitely pop up frequently (and Drama by Erasure). Especially Didn't We Deserve a Look at You the Way You Really Are and God Hates a Coward. I agree it's that groove (the way the the Shellac one flips between a swing 6/8 and a 3/4 is magical). On similar note there are a few Tortoise tracks from TNT that reguarly appear in my brain and a very specific one is A Simple Way To Go Faster... with that bass line riff. Oh actually. This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqSNqs5racE

I find myself humming that at least once a week.

--

More obviously is the entire Taylor Swift back catalogue (which punched Sigrid out of my head) but that is because every time I grab a bottle of spirits I listen to Taylor Swift non stop for about 6 hours and then wonder why it's in my head for a fortnight.

Actually, if there is one thing that defines my last 6 months in returning to teaching (after hating my life and my guts) it's that I am listening to myself trying to explain some dull as fuck concept about the solubility of metal oxides to a load of barely interested 12 year olds and all I can actually HEAR is YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN.

And Superwolf by Bonnie Prince Billy and Matt whasisname.

If I have a syndrome then earworms is definitely my symptoms. They are super strong. I also have night frights too. Any correclation?

Egyptian Feast

I had fish & chips for dinner the other night and ever since I've had Funkadelic's 'Fish, Chips and Sweat' stuck in my head. I have no problem with that.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: hummingofevil on January 22, 2020, 02:22:53 AM

that is because every time I grab a bottle of spirits I listen to Taylor Swift non stop for about 6 hours

Desolation.

Strangely appealing desolation...

Actually now I think about it more appealing than desolation.

Sin Agog

Honest answer: Roy Harper's I Hate the White Man.

olliebean

Honeysuckle Rose, since my housemate was humming it a little while back and it got stuck in my head too. Only it's a weird hybrid version where the beginning of each chorus is Honeysuckle Rose, then the end is Sweet Sue, and then it goes into the middle 8 from the This Is Your Life theme.

Looper

The Killers

"Are we human, or are we wankers.

Wish they would fuck off tbh