Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:09:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2020

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2020, 01:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr beat

UK Masters starts today.  So time again to roll out the crudely drawn MS Paint Shaun Murphy, Ding Junhui eating pies, Ding Junhui and a panda etc etc.

Get to it people.

pigamus

"Crudely drawn"? That picture of Tiny Face is a minor masterpiece.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

BlodwynPig

Blue Jam

BlodwynPig

BJ, Ding had already left. We need some Perry pics

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

I love this new thing of letting triple crown winners wear a little crown logo on their waistcoats. It's meant to look prestigious but they all look like they work at Burger King. Another of Bazza Hearn's naff ideas.

Apparently Ronnie will be refusing to wear one whenever he can next be bothered to turn up to a triple crown event. For once I think he's not just being a petulant arse.

Blue Jam

I also love trying to work out who Ali UKIP Carter most resembles- Nathan Barley or George Oscar Bluth II.

Also he's deffo had a hair transplant. Been taking advice from Jimmy White. Or just watching the ads on Eurosport.

Blue Jam

Carter The Unstoppable Brex Machine.

Or maybe not.

dr beat

Not the highest quality but plenty of flukes and fouls to keep it interesting.

dr beat

Blue Jam

Flouncer

Angry scotch potato Steven Maguire has compiled an awesome break in the deciding frame to put Neil Robertson out of the tournament, coming back from 5-1 down. He potted an amazing long distance green after running out of position to keep the break going. Wonderful stuff.

Blue Jam

I was just about to ask if anyone was watching Maguire's improbable comeback just now.

Three matches so far, three shock defeats- this is shaping up to be a great tournament.

Blue Jam

Also I'm calling The Curse Of The Crappy Little Triple Crown Iron-On Patch before anyone else does.

pigamus

I could no more enjoy a Maguire victory than a Tiny Face one I don't think.

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 13, 2020, 05:38:33 PM
I was just about to ask if anyone was watching Maguire's improbable comeback just now.

Three matches so far, three shock defeats- this is shaping up to be a great tournament.

Yeah, was a cracking game. Robertson handled himself well in the post match interview. Remarkably given the scoreline, it didn't really feel like a collapse as much as Maguire edging himself back into the match.

Notable highlights were both players complaining about a blue pixel on the advertising boards. You'd think they were would turn them off if they were bothering the players but advertisers are more important. Mind you, I don't know why it annoyed them as much as it
did. The other highlight was a stunning shot from Maguire which sent the white jumping over the pack of reds, the red he was hitting spinning up into the air and reversing back into the pocket while the white rolled up the table and went in off.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on January 13, 2020, 05:47:08 PM
The other highlight was a stunning shot from Maguire which sent the white jumping over the pack of reds, the red he was hitting spinning up into the air and reversing back into the pocket while the white rolled up the table and went in off

The most amazing (fluke) shot I've ever seen in snooker - ruined by Virgo of course

Shoulders?-Stomach!

#TurdFlush

Make it Rain in 2020

Tears of the journeymen

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 13, 2020, 05:38:33 PM

Shame cos it's the Masters there are no massive shocks, just TurdFlush candidates beating players who should know better than to succumb to their Turd ways.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

'Gilbert takes control'

Didn't read that edition of the children's book

Blue Jam

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 13, 2020, 06:06:58 PM
The most amazing (fluke) shot I've ever seen in snooker - ruined by Virgo of course

Here it is minus Virgo shouting "WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING"- and yes, it is pretty incredible:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/1216752215957954562

Puce Moment

Lovely seeing so many big names get culled, although of course I do mourn the lack of Ding. So far it has been a most enjoyable and surprising tournament, with seasoned players finding it hard to get over the line, weighed down as they are with that gold crown.

What was the deal with that crazy red? Did Rab's backspin on the white transfer to the red, making it backspin into the pocket? From a physics point of view I can't figure it out.

Looking forward to today's snooker:

13:00 - New Good Trump (Eng) v God-bothering Fat-face (Eng)

19:00 - Cheating Sad-Faced Scotch Man (Sco) v One of those Boring Players (Eng)

Wow, this tournament is a real cunt-off. I even found myself rooting for Ali Carter! And now I'm rooting for Trump because Murphy, and I am rooting for Higgins because I can't stand Hawkins and his ilk who make the sport so tedious.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Again, it's the Masters so they're all relatively big names apart from maybe Gilbert who has ghosted into the big time like a stealth molester.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Love a Cunt-Off tie though, 100% guaranteed outcome of a Cunt being fucked right off.

Bawkins is a left hander at least, so even though he looks like a caricature of a cockney concierge with a broken marriage the shots on the table are something a tad different. I mean, he is a left hander isn't he? Otherwise this point will be severely undermined.

Blue Jam

Exceptionally nawty break from Judd in the fifth frame against AIDS just now. Cut a long red into the yellow pocket and kept on showboating from there. Very entertaining stuff.

Lost Oliver

These threads are always golden.