Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:48:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2020

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2020, 01:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flouncer

It's all come down to the last frame. Come on Ken for fuck's sake; you're still on the tour!

Puce Moment

I love everyone glowing purple. It seems that the entire BBC team for the Seniors is made up of Sixth Form media production students.

Blue Jam

I don't like hearing Dennis Taylor describing these senior players "having trouble with the brown". Lay off them Dennis, that's just one of the inevitabilities of getting old.

Flouncer

Blimey, Leo Fernandez has got Triple H's entrance music. I hope he smashes his opponent over the head with a steel chair when he's down on the shot.

Puce Moment

Tony Knowles "Yeah, thank you Dennis, this looks to be a good errr ... a good match."

SILENCE

Flouncer

Tone 'The Bone' Knowles is going to be fist pumping in the commentary box by the end of this one.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That was what Ken's countrymen would call "right load of old feck"

buttgammon

I came back to Snooker 19 on the PS4 after a bit of an absence, and decided to play an exhibition match between Ken Doherty and Marco Fu for old time's sake. Ken still has it in pixel form!

Flouncer

This match is really starting to cook now. 22 break from Leo Fernandez.

Edit: Canavan follows up with a glorious 9 before missing a black off the spot.

Further Edit: FUCK'S SAKE I CAN BREAK OFF WITHOUT HITTING THE BLUE ON THE WAY BACK

Puce Moment

Yeah, every break off looks like it's going to be pure blue balls.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Flouncer on August 19, 2020, 06:00:33 PM
This match is really starting to cook now. 22 break from Leo Fernandez.

Edit: Canavan follows up with a glorious 9 before missing a black off the spot.

Further Edit: FUCK'S SAKE I CAN BREAK OFF WITHOUT HITTING THE BLUE ON THE WAY BACK

You also hit it on the way down though

Flouncer

"Needs good cueing, this one."

Well that's him knackered then Dennis.

Flouncer

They've been scraped off the table with a possible two frames to play. There are two matches in the evening session so they should be back on around two in the morning.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 19, 2020, 04:00:09 PM
I don't like hearing Dennis Taylor describing these senior players "having trouble with the brown". Lay off them Dennis, that's just one of the inevitabilities of getting old.

"Because I wear these Goggins"

Flouncer

Only the first frame but Jimmy is making a right bollocks of this. If you get beaten by Geriatric Joe it's probably time to pack it in mate.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Mecha Cocaine-Takeaway Box Wigman 1

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If you ever wanted to see a bald man wearing a crow as a hat raping a skeleton in a waistcoat, it's live now on bbc sport

Flouncer

It's still happenning... Please... For the love of god, make it stop...

Puce Moment

If they ran this prior to the World Championship it would make the top players look supernaturally good. It really is a great way to see how fucking amazing the top 32 players are, whilst also noting that in relative terms, these capable older players are shite.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Joe Johnson was so awful by the end, it was like watching your Dad play.

Mind you, when the other seniors are absolute fucking nobodies I'd rather watch a formerly successful ex-pro than a past it nothing journeyman crook.

sevendaughters

Hendry and Bond in tedious safety battle, actually wanking

Puce Moment

I nearly used a Virgin voucher bought for me at Xmas to go and get a day's snooker training from Bond. I bottled it because I am so exceedingly shite at snooker but I reckon I could have given him a run for his money now.

Flouncer

Tony Knowles 3-0 down to Peter Lines, on the verge of going out 4-0. He should have done some lines with Jimmy White; might have improved his performance.

Blue Jam

I wonder if Aaron Canavan was raised on a diet of Chipsteaks and Streaky Green.

Flouncer

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 21, 2020, 12:09:40 AM
I wonder if Aaron Canavan was raised on a diet of Chipsteaks and Streaky Green.

He's won the first frame against Hendry. It's just kind of sad to see Hendry slumming it with these losers after all he's achieved. Come on Stephen; send Canavan back to his caravan.

Norton Canes

Ha ha did they just say a five HUNDRED pounds highest break prize?

druss

Quote from: Flouncer on August 21, 2020, 12:37:42 PM
He's won the first frame against Hendry. It's just kind of sad to see Hendry slumming it with these losers after all he's achieved. Come on Stephen; send Canavan back to his caravan.
Hendry has been sad to watch since his last world final. Would probably have won 10-12 world titles if it wasn't for the yips. It's mad he won all 7 of his world titles in the same decade.

sevendaughters

mate of mine filmed a music video in Tony Knowles' house. good sport apparently.

Blue Jam

Quote from: druss on August 21, 2020, 02:49:43 PM
Hendry has been sad to watch since his last world final. Would probably have won 10-12 world titles if it wasn't for the yips.

The yips? Didn't he blame his crappy old cheapo queue getting smashed up by some clumsy baggage handler?

To be fair I imagine being used to using a cue that wasn't even straight and then having to cue with a perfectly straight one must have been a challenge.

BlodwynPig

White Lines...you couldn't make it up