Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:03:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2020

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2020, 01:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Exceptionally nawty match this. Gwaaarrrn Dotty.

Judd's hair now looks like it's trying to run away from his face. I think we're witnessing the death throes.

Blue Jam

DECIDER!

EDIT: it's first to six, my bad. This ain't over yet.

Oh come on, all of you fuckers need to get Eurosport NOW. Especially YOU, sevendaughters.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I tend to think the amount of snooker readily available on terrestrial TV is the right amount, but I like all sorts of sport so I'd never just order the plate of hummus, nice though it is.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Blue Jam

Never mind coronavirus, snooker should be more worried about AIDS:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/51325726

Blue Jam

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 01, 2020, 04:39:09 PM
I tend to think the amount of snooker readily available on terrestrial TV is the right amount, but I like all sorts of sport so I'd never just order the plate of hummus, nice though it is.

Fair enough. Snooker is the only sport I give a major fuck about so a Eurosport sub feels like a pretty good deal to me.

German Masters final today. World Grand Prix in Cheltenham starts tomorrow. Going snooker loopy here. Love it.

Also I find the Eurosport Player app really handy for the gym. I can do an hour on the elliptical concentrating on the snooker and not getting bored. I like watching Netflix in the gym too but I have a crap attention span and live sport is better for holding my attention.

Puce Moment

I'm considering Eurosport but I have the same issue - snooker is the only sport I have any interest in watching. I will check out if my BT subscription has a deal.

Incidentally, I am sure some of you probably follow the Break from Life snooker channel where that man with a very monotone voice plays some amazing amateur snooker in his garage. His latest video tries to recreate the shots of the Masters tournament - and in particular he takes some time to explain that Maguire red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34tnJ-MfWTM

bgmnts

When did it stop on the BBC? Feels like a lifetime ago that I used to bung the snwcer on in the background to help me sleep. John Virgo's valium tones.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is it true John Virgo saw the ghost of Eddie Charlton in a pork pie?

Find out tonight on Europe's port +HD

Blue Jam

I don't know about BT but I think Virgin TV and some Sky packages include Eurosport. I'm not sure those subscriptions would let you watch it on the apps though.

I only watch snooker on Eurosport but they show pretty much all of the snooker. At £3.33 per month it's less than half the cost of Amazon Prime and I watch it far more.

For the big ones which the BBC do show I prefer Eurosport's commentators to the BBC's. They know when to talk and when to shut the fuck up and not ruin the drama.

Break From Life on YouTube is excellent and I shall have to check out that new video later, cheers Puce.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Grand Prix, then. Gilbo vs Ronjo in a nice close match. Ronnie refusing to wear the crappy crown patch on his waistcoat as expected. Fair enough.

Blue Jam

Apparently Mark Williams has also decided to forego the wearing of the Bazza Shitcrown. Good lad.

DocDaneeka

It's on Itv4 at the moment but the camera angle on the table is different to the usual one. The different fore shortening really freaks me out.

Puce Moment

I wish they would do more overhead shots - it really shows the size of the table and how the ball bounces off the cushion if it has a bit of side. It would also be a good way to replace the balls after a foul.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 03, 2020, 08:40:02 PM
Ronnie refusing to wear the crappy crown patch on his waistcoat as expected. Fair enough

??

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 03, 2020, 10:54:00 PM
Apparently Mark Williams has also decided to forego the wearing of the Bazza Shitcrown. Good lad

???

Blue Jam

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 04, 2020, 12:17:48 PM
??

???

If a player has won all three Triple Crown events they are now entitled to wear a little crown patch on their waistcoats:

It's another one of Barry Hearn's kitsch ideas, and a particularly tacky one which is supposed to be a signifier of prestige but just makes the players look like they work at Burger King.

Ronnie, having won more Triple Crown titles than any other player, thinking "Fuck this" is funny.

Blue Jam

bgmnts

I wish Barry Hearn would hurry up and die.

Blue Jam

Ronnie vs Dotty on ITV4 now

Dotty takes the first red

GWAAAAAARN DOTTY

Blue Jam

Yep, Ronjo has brought his cigs game tonight.

Blue Jam

Ronnie comes back to level at 3 frames apiece but not without knocking a red clean off the table and then potting a red on the split off the blue as he did when Cahill beat him. Had a chance to get back into the seventh frame but potted the cue ball.

Will one of you fuckers put ITV4 on, please?

bgmnts

Sorry cant. Barry Hearn has ruined snwcer.

Blue Jam

graemedottpotsthelot.com

Wish I'd put a fiver on Dotty now

Commentators talking about how Ronnie might actually have to enter the Snooker Shootout now. I don't care how naff it is thanks to Bazza, that's fucking funny.

Puce Moment

Yeah, it's hard not to enjoy raaaankiin' ronnie getting a big old slice of yer mam's humble pie.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The first installation at Ellesmere Port Pantheon of Grotesquely.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Just as it looked like Kylo had this in the bag Higgins comes back with an amazing safety game. Tense AF.

Blue Jam

Tonight Dotty is ON FIRE like Maguire

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 07, 2020, 09:53:26 PM
Tonight Dotty is ON FIRE like Maguire

Mainly due to unsanitary and badly maintained facilities at his bedsit in Arbroath.