Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:13:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2020

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2020, 01:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

dr beat

Quote from: EOLAN on March 14, 2020, 10:37:41 PM
For those with sports withdrawals. Snooker seems to be providing some respite.

In Gibraltar of all places. A little rock next to the fully quarantined Spain. Some matches not having referees.

Winner stays on, one shot carry and 50ps on the table?

Puce Moment

Blue Jam

Coral Tour Championship postponed :(

Puce Moment

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 17, 2020, 11:41:29 AMCoral Tour Championship postponed :(

Oh the fucking irony of how lush it would be to spend the quarantine watching hours and hours of beautiful men and women playing beautiful snooker.

Blue Jam

No more Pukka Pies for you Ding. Fray Bentos all the way now, sorry :(

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Northern Snooker Centre is open so if anyone fancies a frame (I play pool not snooker so I'll be shite) let me know.

Blue Jam

Some sad news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/51954261

Come on Willie, isolate yerself and stay safe.

imitationleather

Damn.

Not a good time for him to be going through that.

monkfromhavana

Hopefully the alien tech he has in his shed might provide a lessening of the cancer's effects.

Blue Jam

He should isolate himself in his shed.

Nah, this is sad news and worrying that he's in Spain where Covid-19 is spreading rapidly right now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I laughed fondly at the alien tech post.

Apparently a bit of a twat on many levels but I can't find it in my heart to hate him. Get better and be a living twat instead of a dead one you shiny squeak King.

Let's make Willie the Lada Classic of our hearts.

Blue Jam

druss

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 20, 2020, 11:52:11 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/51964887
Surprised it's taken this long to announce tbh. It's going to be a weird May Bank holiday without snooker.

Blue Jam

Just Bazza being stubborn innit?

Oh well, more Snooker 19 on the Xbox for me then...

Blue Jam

Watching the 2019 UK Championship final on Eurosport. Stephen Maguire vs lovely Ding. Mention of Pukka Pies from the commentators.

Eurosport > BBC.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Puce Moment

Head's up that Snooker 2019 is half price on Steam - £14.99 is pretty good! The gold edition is also half price.

Uncanny valley snooka style!

Blue Jam

World Championship now rescheduled and due to start on the 31st of July:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/52313778

...and so my own Snooker Safari at the Mercure hotel bar begins in August.

Uncle TechTip

I don't see that happening without the knowledgeable Crucible crowd down to maybe a quarter of its usual size, and nobody wants that, do they?

Blue Jam

The email I got from Sheffield Theatres about my tickets and the rescheduled dates says there may be a reduced crowd, or none at all, and in that case they'll be issuing refunds or transferring tickets to the 2021 tournament. Re-booked the hotel just in case because they gave us an automatic refund for the first dates we booked and they seem to be very understanding about all this virus malarkey.

buttgammon

It'd be so sad if they had to play behind closed doors. Would they put a load of mannequins in football shirts and dot them around the auditorium?

dr beat

...just for the purposes of ejecting the mannequins for breaking the dress code!?

Blue Jam

They'll need a Coventry City top and some 'VEGAN' t-shirts.

petril

Quote from: buttgammon on April 23, 2020, 10:24:44 AM
It'd be so sad if they had to play behind closed doors. Would they put a load of mannequins in football shirts and dot them around the auditorium?

kit them all out with earpieces and have some canned laughter for when a commentator makes a quip, so they can keep doing the cutaways

Puce Moment

Hey Blue Jam - do you know if there are available tickets or is just those who booked previously?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Puce Moment on April 23, 2020, 02:02:54 PM
Hey Blue Jam - do you know if there are available tickets or is just those who booked previously?

They've rescheduled all the dates so all tickets are valid for the new dates, but they are also offering refunds so I'm sure there will be some returns.

Puce Moment

Ok, time to also some overly optimistic ticket hunting.

Flouncer

The Force calls it a day due to a chronic neck injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/52494794

#TurdFlush

Puce Moment

Oh fuck, that smells of a potential commentator role in the future.

His commentary is appalling.