Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:32:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2020

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2020, 01:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If there was a modern version of this ^ you know which infection would be involved don't you

what atom faced deficient sack of shit would be involved

It doesn't bear thinking about.

dr beat

The much-overlooked prequel to the Big Lebowski. 'Dude, you're obviously not a golfer'.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 13, 2020, 11:00:38 PM
If there was a modern version of this ^ you know which infection would be involved don't you

what atom faced deficient sack of shit would be involved

It doesn't bear thinking about.

Sooty wouldn't give Shaun Murphy the steam off his piss.

dr beat

Edit: Gone

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Suzy Sheep: "Look who it is Peppa!"

Peppa Pig: "Oh my days, it's 2014 Haribo Classic Semi-Finalist snooker player Shaun Murphy!"

AIDS: "Hello everyone!"

Suzy Sheep: "The rest of the farm look unhappy"

Peppa Pig: "Add more balls"

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 13, 2020, 02:40:58 PM
I just remembered this exists:

https://youtu.be/KWIC1tYkork

That second trick shot isn't really a trick shot is it?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Puce Moment

I don't like to be morbid, but if you were working in the morgue you would have to, wouldn't you?

Blue Jam

Marco Fu doesn't trust us not to give him the 'vid:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marcofu18/status/1273612758173376512

I'm sure he won't be the only one. Not sure I'll be heading to Sheffield either.

Blue Jam

Applied for a refund for my tickets. Still got no idea what's going on so I guess they can't say no.

In other news, Atom Face hasn't mastered the clippers just yet:

druss

Is that AIDS? Has he lost weight?

Blue Jam

No, his face has just grown.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It does look better as his stupid shit 'what do you know about our Lord Jesus Christ' hair made his head seem very large.

The angle helps here too, although it would be even better if he wasn't in shot even slightly.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Coral Tour Championship starts today! Stephen Maguire vs Robbo on ITV4 now!

Blue Jam

Robbo has completely given up faffing about with hair straighteners I see. Hasn't foregone the peroxide just yet though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 20, 2020, 02:15:14 PM
Robbo has completely given up faffing about with hair straighteners I see. Hasn't foregone the peroxide just yet though.

He appeared with his natural curly hair several years back - must have left the ghds at home before the tournament or something.

Blue Jam

Anyone got that new World Snooker Tour app? I like the way it sends me notifications to remind me that there's snooker on. Mark Selby vs Mark Allen on now.

It is actually a very useful app to be fair. Bit nicer-looking than snooker.org too.

Blue Jam

Come on, The Molesta from Leicester, pull your finger out.

Puce Moment

That app looks smart - going to get that now.

Haha Jesta - fuck off

Blue Jam

Yeah, it's nice to have the draw, schedule and live scores all in one place. Bazza does something useful for once.

Anyone fancy putting money on The Sex Pesta From Leicester making a comeback? Oooof.

DocDaneeka

Battle of the big lads in the final then.

Going for Mark Allen, seems marginally less likely to send the gang around to break your legs.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Got a refund for me Crucible tickets, and for the hotel. Bit gutted but it would have been an expensive nightmare getting down there on the train, then there would be no possibility of us being able to relax and enjoy the nice pubs and restaurants as normal, and no chance of a snooker safari at the Mercure Hotel bar, sniggering behind Shaun Murphy's expansive back. Plus sitting in a reduced-capacity Crucible in a mask and taking in the lack of atmosphere... No thanks, even if lovely Ding will be there.

Should be quite a few returns available at the box office if anyone still fancies it.

Puce Moment

I think that's the right decision BJ - even I would succumb to refunds and it's not even my first time. If you have doubts, I would say that going on the lash after evening matches and chasing down hot pieces of top 16 ass to gawp at is one the most significant pleasures of the tournament.

I consider my 2am drunken conversation with the Nugget about Krautrock to be a particular favourite moment.

Blue Jam

Yes, this sounds like it might be a bit rubbish:

https://wst.tv/wst-remain-hopeful-of-crucible-crowd/

Still no word on exactly how reduced that crowd will be. If anyone will be allowed in to watch at all, that is.

Blue Jam

World Championship qualifiers are now being shown on Eurosport if anyone is after a snooker fix.

https://www.eurosport.com/snooker/world-championship/2019-2020/world-snooker-championship-to-allow-spectators_sto7811785/story.shtml

QuoteThe 2020 World Snooker Championship will become the first indoor event to pilot the safe return of fans, World Snooker Tour has said.

A reduced crowd will be allowed at the Crucible Theatre for the entirety of the event.

"[The decision] follows the announcement from the UK Government that a small number of sporting events have been carefully selected, providing the opportunity to stress-test the Government's 'stage five' guidance, on the return of fans to elite sports events," read a press release from WST.

"Extensive health and safety guidelines for the pilot sporting events have been provided by the Government and these will be followed carefully by WST. Spectators will be expected to follow a code of conduct, with further details to be announced shortly."

Every ticket-holding fan who, under instruction from WST, re-registered their interest to attend in person last month had secured their place at the showpiece event, the statement added.

It will be interesting to see how many people decided to sack it off like I did. If there will be tickets on sale and still seats to fill even with a reduced crowd I'm guessing there were a lot of refunds requested.

And for once I am in agreement with Ronnie:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/53485482