Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,461
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:46:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2020

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2020, 01:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Ding vs King.

Our beautiful Pukka Pie aficionado is never going to win this thing is he? *sigh*

Blue Jam

Watching Trump vs Ford on Eurosport. I must say, all this talk about getting rid of the wall is in incredibly poor taste when Marcel Eckhardt is the ref.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Combing Strategies just sneaked through, I see.

Working even more hair over from the side. Lol not long now mate.

Blue Jam

Just made myself a nice breakfast of bacon and tattie scones only to be put off it when I put BBC2 on and saw Stuart Bingham's spherical League of Gentlemen head in glorious 4K HD.

Watching Kurt Maflin vs David Gilbert and his natty polka dot socks on Eurosport now.

Puce Moment

Beautiful Ding on my new 55" TV.

Blue Jam

Has lovely Ding lost weight? Been socially distancing from the Pukka Pies?

Norton Canes

Blue Jam

Beautiful fluke from beautiful Ding!

Blue Jam

This is going to be an epic one, lads.

Puce Moment

Fair fucks to kray kray. Although Dingo has played some real stinkers.

Anyone else thrashing around with the red button when BBC2 bailed on this? Bastards.

Blue Jam

Can't get this on iPlayer red button or Eurosport. Aaaaaaarrrgghhh.

imitationleather

I was out this evening and missed all the excitement.

Me right now:

Uncle TechTip

They're piping in applause on a good shot. I suppose they need to do something because it's interminable at times but it sounds like it's being played in off a ghetto blaster.

Blue Jam

WHUUUURRRGGGHH GWAAAARRRN RONNNIIIEEEEEEUUUURGGGGGHHHH

Or not. I've got a fiver on Un-Nooh. Hope Ronnie has grown some stupid facial hair.

Blue Jam

"He's a tall lad"; "He's easy on the eye too"

I think the BBC punditry team have a bit of a man-crush on Un-Nooh.

Also I appear to have jinxed the easy-on-the-eye Thai. Looks like he's experiencing a human Blue Screen Of Death here. Someone reboot him please.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on August 02, 2020, 11:22:38 AM
They're piping in applause on a good shot. I suppose they need to do something because it's interminable at times but it sounds like it's being played in off a ghetto blaster.

Ronnie asked Marcel what all that was about and he explained that someone is hitting the APPLAUSE button on every century and every end of frame. Nae judgement here.

Uncle TechTip

Hilarious. Sounds like the comms aren't even there? The studio pundits are certainly not there, in Salford i presume. Virgo stuck in Spain as well.

Blue Jam

They've got Rob Walker doing commentary because they're short of pundits.

The pundits are usually in the Winter Gardens but not this year. I'm guessing they sacked off The Cue Zone as well.

DocDaneeka

Kurt Maflin just gave the finger to the yellow ball after it hampered him getting a maximum. I wasn't completely sure but then the ref warned him about making "gestures".

Blue Jam

rjd2

Shame Gilbert seems like a nice chap, however I am not sure I could tolerate him getting massacred by Higgins,

EOLAN

I think Eurosport snooker coverage may be my favorite sports coverage. Show the support. No infantilisation or over the top bantz like BBC when they should be showing snooker. Main commentators not overbearing and some good quality pundits. Bigger natural personalities than the BBC crew.
Now if they nick the theme tune that would make it perfect.

Blue Jam

I bet Eurosport would also use the original version of Drag Racer and not some naff remix.

Blue Jam

Watching Thepchaiya continue to get massacred by Ronnie. Shame, he's clearly a good player but so is Ronnie and he seems to have got his head together this year. Nice to see him playing well again.

Blue Jam

Ronnie just had the fastest ever Crucible victory. The icing on the cake is that the record was previously held by Shaun Murphy.

Ronnie vs Ding in round 2! Keep your distance, Ronjo:

buttgammon

How will he cope without drunk blokes shouting his name in between shots? Easy win for the Pieman.

Blue Jam

I don't know, Ronnie's looking well- he's lost the lockdown 'tache and didn't shave his hair off between sessions and I don't think he's been going mental on Twitter. He looked very relaxed out there- when Rob Walker interviewed him he was talking about how lockdown suits him and about how it's been nice for him to get some privacy and not be mobbed by fans in and around the Crucible. I don't think he'll win but I still think it may even be a good tournament for him.

druss

Well, he's not had a good tournament since 2014 so he's definitely due one. But then we say that every year.

I want dat Ding.

Puce Moment

Anyone else pretty much starting to be completely fine about the lack of audience thing? I do notice it when a player has made a spectacular shot, but otherwise I really don't need the clap.wav being played through a Sanyo cassette player. Makes me want to read Baudrillard or a post-80s Ballard novel.

This Kurt Maflin bloke is a bit tasty isn't he? Really confident potting and cue ball control. I imagine he has a very hairy back.

Come on Ding!

imitationleather

It's really depressing to see the contrast between the photo they use of Anthony McGill for the match stats card and what he actually looks like.

He has had a very rough couple of years.