Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:56:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2020

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2020, 01:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

Gilbo out - who do I support now?

Puce Moment

Quote from: poo on August 05, 2020, 10:29:07 AMGilbo out - who do I support now?

That bloke who used to do the antiques on Wogan?

Blue Jam

Martin Gould now murdering Stephen Maguire. Those fancy new murderer's specs are serving him well.

Puce Moment

The Beast of the Baize

The Horror from Harrow

Billie Ghoulish

Martin Gould

Blue Jam

The Baize Ripper.

The Sinner from Pinner. The sin being murder, obviously.

buttgammon

Poor Kurt Maflin is looking so forlorn.

davebeef2001

Wouldn't you if you were two nil down to a cheating, pasty faced, scotch cunt...?

buttgammon

Quote from: davebeef2001 on August 05, 2020, 02:04:15 PM
Wouldn't you if you were two nil down to a cheating, pasty faced, scotch cunt...?

I was worried the Wanker of Whishaw was going to thump him here but he's looking much better in this frame.

Norton Canes

So fantastic that we haven't been denied the CaB Higgins Hate this year.

Norton Canes

Come on Maplins! Let's have another High-De-High break

Norton Canes

The extended spider is out!

EOLAN

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 05, 2020, 02:10:08 PM
So fantastic that we haven't been denied the CaB Higgins Hate this year.

Has Murphy been knocked out too early to have that lovely drawing of him that regularly takes up these pages.

buttgammon

EOLAN

Had the sound off. Thought my screen had freezed on the Higgins mis-cue for the yellow; although could at least see it wasn't going into the pocket. Beautiful sound when I rewatched it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Martin Gould - the facemask slips:

Quote"My dad and my girlfriend were looking out for me because they knew there was something wrong," he said.

"I'd get to tournaments and as soon as I arrived I'd be looking at train times to see when I could go home. I just didn't want to be there.

"I was in a pretty dark place," he added.

Blue Jam

Got a link for that Shoulders? I want to see what Martin Gould's girlfriend looks like.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/53638014

No girlfriend shot

No girlfriend image available online seemingly.

In lieu of that here is some Chinese people he is recording the names and addresses of:

Black hair there so those people are probably dead now.

Blue Jam

I'm in awe of Gouldyballs' magic snooker spex and the way they allow him to see all of his opponent's weaknesses.

Two-cushion escapes, cueing from within the jaws, solar plexus, spleen etc.

Blue Jam

Maguire about as on the ball as a dead seal tonight.

Gould looking as relaxed and focused as Ronnie or Jamie Clarke!

Uncle TechTip

Make no sense, he was looking so good in the Players Championship thing. Another chance gone.

Blue Jam

Maguire just ran out of position and fucked up a 147 as well! Clawed a frame back but nrrrrggggghhh what a pisser.

Rooting for Jack The Baize Ripper here. Loving all these Covid Crucible upsets.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Never ceases to surprise me just what a hideous slobbering grotesque Ball Run is. And the sheer chutzpah to be that hideous on national television.

Blue Jam

I saw Baw Run in the flesh last year. With his grey leather shoes and his shiny grey suit he looked like a Pilates ball I used to own.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on August 05, 2020, 07:53:05 PM
Make no sense, he was looking so good in the Players Championship thing. Another chance gone.

Maguire had laser-sharp focus when we saw him against James Cahill last year, it was incredible to behold. I sure as hell wasn't expecting this.

Loving all these seeds getting well and truly Cahilled. Kind of wishing I was there, but if there was a crowd things might be very different. Anything could happen this year, and it's great.

Puce Moment

There is a sense of melancholy from the presenters and pundits that keeps slipping through. But I don't really mind - I got used to the lack of a crowd very quickly. If anything, the use of the shitty applause sort of highlights how solitary and dark this sport can be. Grotesque men with terrible taste who have an almost miraculous knowledge of snooker ball physics.

This Maflin guy is holding his own against the Scotch Cheating Cunt. Would be great to not have to see his disgusting tongue flicking out of his mouth like Baron Greenback.

Puce Moment

Did NOT see that coming.

Norton Canes

Oh fuck off. Stopped watching before that happened. Still not seen a Crucible 147 live.

Puce Moment

You also missed the young presenter saying "don't blink a muscle."

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sack of fucking shit.