Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2020

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2020, 01:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr beat

What's going on with Kyren Wilson's hair? Has he got a Cornetto on his head?

Puce Moment

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 08, 2020, 01:18:16 PM
Ha did anyone see Robertson twunt his coffee over all over his trousers at the start of his match this morning?

It was like a dirty protest

I like how they stood there like dad's at a barbq waiting for a woman to clean it up. In this case they were lucky as they had a fully qualified snooker referee who also happens to be a woman to get her cloth out.

Blue Jam

Quote from: dr beat on August 08, 2020, 01:39:21 PM
What's going on with Kyren Wilson's hair? Has he got a Cornetto on his head?

Norton Canes

Ding and O'Sullivan playing like amateurs here

Blue Jam

Ding and Ronnie both having blue ball trouble.

notjosh

Just realised today that Robertson's walk on music is the Nathan For You theme. Makes sense as I hear he graduated from one of Australia's top snooker schools with really good grades.

dr beat

McGill-Clarke fight!!!

dr beat

Quote from: notjosh on August 08, 2020, 03:14:40 PM
Just realised today that Robertson's walk on music is the Nathan For You theme. Makes sense as I hear he graduated from one of Australia's top snooker schools with really good grades.

That's fantastic, I'd bet he might be a fan

Puce Moment

Quote from: dr beat on August 08, 2020, 04:03:54 PM
McGill-Clarke fight!!!

Handbags. Clarke had a look of amused bemusement.

McGill was a bit over the top and whiney but he's absolutely right.

druss

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 08, 2020, 01:18:16 PM
Ha did anyone see Robertson twunt his coffee over all over his trousers at the start of his match this morning?

It was like a dirty protest
Crafty Ken with "talk about a coffee break!".

Great banter, it really is.

Blue Jam

Ding and Ronnie still close

notjosh

Quote from: druss on August 08, 2020, 05:10:27 PM
Crafty Ken with "talk about a coffee break!".

Great banter, it really is.

It's been a mad day what with that and McGill having a quiet word with the ref about Clarke standing in his eye line.

Jason Mohammad: "Well we don't want to sensationalise it, but those were EXTRAORDINARY scenes weren't they?"

Blue Jam

Apparently Bawkins sat in the wrong chair this morning and the officials had to sanitise it before Robbo could sit there.

Do they soak the chairs in swarfega overnight after Higgins and Bingham have used them? I hope so.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteApparently Bawkins sat in the wrong chair this morning and the officials had to sanitise it before Robbo could sit there.

Instant disqualification

Nigel Bond IN

BlodwynPig

Quote from: notjosh on August 08, 2020, 05:26:02 PM
It's been a mad day what with that and McGill having a quiet word with the ref about Clarke standing in his eye line.

Jason Mohammad: "Well we don't want to sensationalise it, but those were EXTRAORDINARY scenes weren't they?"

It's what the crowds have paid to come and watch!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/53707035

pathetic.

Blue Jam

Watching Eurosport's The Ronnie O'Sullivan Show on YouTube while waiting for the snooker to start. He is interviewing Jimmy White. They have the same voice. This is just a stream of high-pitched Essex noise. Quality TV guilty pleasure though.

Blue Jam

Awwww I don't want Martin Gould to murder The Kitten From Kettering. Good thing it looks like he won't. Not in front of the cameras anyway.

Norton Canes

Robertson through, in a match that started with an upset carry-out and ended with an upset Barry out 

imitationleather

Doesn't look like this is going to end up going down to the wire.

Flouncer

Ding's justabout staying in the match despite some ominous eye twitching before the interval - he's looking unstoppable in amongst the balls but his long potting is letting him down. The other table looks quite intriguing to me; not a great standard but it looks to be heading towards the sort of twitchy, late night Crucible drama that I can't get enough of. They've only managed two frames compared to Ding and Ronnie's five, so it could be a very late finish unless one of them pulls ahead.

ollyboro

Dingie needs to put Ronnie off his stride. Pressing his arse up against the perspex divider could be the answer. A bit of a shit smear should seal the deal. Speaking of shit smears...what the fuck was that?

BlodwynPig

Ronimator.

that artificial clapping is rubbish

Shoulders?-Stomach!

This McGill and Clarke nappy wetting stare off still going on? Obviously friction and still only 8-9

Put us out of this misery

BlodwynPig

Blue Jam

Bye-bye, twitchy-eyed pie guy.

Wondering if Ronjo might actually go all the way now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 09, 2020, 08:51:39 PM
Bye-bye, twitchy-eyed pie guy.

Faux elbow taps all round

BlodwynPig

Fucking hell, the table from hell in the other match

Flouncer

Aww, I love Ronnie and Ding's bromance. Surely only a matter of time before Ding leaves his wife and ends up wrapped in Ronnie's hairy arms.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 09, 2020, 08:44:53 PMthat artificial clapping is rubbish

Not only is it totally pointless but it's really tinny; it sounds like some cunt is playing it on their phone. Probably one of Big Bazza Hearn's bright ideas.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 09, 2020, 08:47:36 PM
This McGill and Clarke nappy wetting stare off still going on? Obviously friction and still only 8-9

Put us out of this misery

They've only managed to finish two frames and this one is looking like a fucking rerack after about half an hour.

BlodwynPig

a pink and black re-rack? (referring to the commentator talking about unusual re-racks)

imitationleather

That interview O'Sullivan just did... Ouch.