Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:05:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Roger Scruton dead.

Started by idunnosomename, January 12, 2020, 10:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

He must be gutted, how's the rest of his soup holding up?

wosl

buttgammon

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on January 13, 2020, 07:37:16 PM
I've seen a lot of shit image macros of shit quotes by the great man since yesterday, especially that guff about conservatism being "the instinct to hold on to what we love" (kicking cripples), but this one was by far the best.

Odd that a cunt would be so terrified of cunts.

Pingers

"I say dear, I'm rather enjoying this act of coiton, how about you?"

"Zzzzzz"

Buelligan

I've seen a lot of shit image macros of shit quotes by the great man since yesterday, especially that guff about conservatism being "the instinct to hold on to what we love" (kicking cripples), but this one was by far the best.

Fucking hell, you should put a warning on that.  I think it's broken my sex drive.

Egyptian Feast

His pinned tweet is a link to his newsletter 'News from Scrutopia'. Scrutopia! What a concept! Imagine waking up there.

Buelligan

If I did, I can tell you for nothing at all, I'd make sure I was openly playing with my clitoris and devoting enormous gusto to that activity.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 13, 2020, 07:07:13 PM
Terrific news, I hope the footage of his demise is available as I sorely desire to masturbate over it.
get in the queue, matey!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: long distance garfield @dafrgama Replying to @hannahrosewoods

Weird that it took *that* for him to "perceive his own irrelevance", as opposed to like, re-reading any of his own writing or something

:-D

idunnosomename

oh fuck

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1216674269721219072

funnily enough i saw the Churches Conservation Trust - a charity that takes on exceptional historic church buildings the CofE doesnt want anymore - tweeted a bit of RIP to him as a supporter and after a few pass-agg replies they deleted it. lol

idunnosomename

how did he die anyway. i hope he died having obscene amounts of seminal fluid from non-caucasian people pumped into his organ cavities until they ruptured and he drowned in cum and his own blood

edit: parody

edit2: lol https://hungarytoday.hu/orban-lauds-sir-roger-scruton-loyal-friend-of-freedom-loving-hungarians/

Johnny Yesno

Flouncer

idunnosomename

i havent seen that. perhaps my new favourite Davey Jones that isnt a Real Ale Twats

edit oh it was only last year. haha even better

Bennett Brauer

At some point I'd got it into my head that Scruton and Victor Lewis-Smith were unlikely pals. Perhaps it was just a credit somewhere that VL-S gave him, or a joke I didn't get, or a dream.

Bronzy

Apparently Buelligan successfully sued him for libel when he claimed she didn't play her own clitoris

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Doomy Dwyer on January 13, 2020, 09:30:21 AM

My thoughts and condolences are with SWP at this sad time.

RIP :(

Weird that you'd think I'd be grieving the loss of a fox hunter when I've always been quite vocal vegetarian. My sympathy is with the foxes. Also, I think the only philosophers I've ever mentioned on here have been the likes of Alan Watts, Terrence McKenna and Paul Feyerabend. Just because I loath the excesses of the left doesn't make me a knee jerk conservative.

Twit 2

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on January 14, 2020, 02:16:53 AMJust because I loath the excesses of the left doesn't make me a knee jerk conservative.
Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on January 14, 2020, 02:16:53 AMJust because I loath the excesses of the left doesn't make me a knee jerk conservative.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Buelligan

I didn't write it but I completely agreed with it/recognised it and said so.  So I feel, kind of, qualified to respond. 

Reason was (my reason, as I said, I can't speak for Doomy), your pretentiousness (and your right-wingosity).  Your apparent admiration for obvious signallers that indicate your membership of a group of imaginary unimaginative "intellectual" (pseudointellectual) English Nazi men.  You seem impressed by these septuagenarian schoolchildren terrorising the adult community and appear to think that others will admire you too for waving their tiny penises (or are they cigars?) in our faces. 

Men like Scruton or Alan Clark, abhorrent cartoon wankers with nothing original about them.  Tribal sectarian people who bang the drum for mindless obedience to the status quo and oppress others whilst they're doing it.  I think they do it, you all do it, because you're so afraid that someone will notice how little and weak in every way you are. 

We're all little and weak old son, accept it and turn your face away from these hateful old cunts.  Rise up and rebel against their living death.  Live your life and love or die trying.

chveik

Autopsy Turvey

Thing is, if this thread was a crude satire of how creepy stunted zealots respond to the death of someone they've been taught to disagree with, how would anyone tell?

gilbertharding

Good question.

How do you define 'taught to disagree with'? I mean, I suppose all behavior is learnt... so what's your point?

sevendaughters

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on January 14, 2020, 02:12:17 PM
Thing is, if this thread was a crude satire of how creepy stunted zealots respond to the death of someone they've been taught to disagree with, how would anyone tell?

oh hello, free thinker spotted off the port bows

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: gilbertharding on January 14, 2020, 02:16:10 PM
How do you define 'taught to disagree with'? I mean, I suppose all behavior is learnt... so what's your point?

In the context of the question, these cruel and shallow caricatures would have first heard this man's name perhaps via a university course run by a charismatic Trotskyist (if there is such a thing), who inculcates into the soft brains of his students a sense of cancerous hatred towards a blacklist of eloquent opponents headed by this dead white evil old hitlery cunty dead white cunt cunt.

I'm specifically not saying that is what happened, but if it didn't, you'd never tell.

Cuellar

sevendaughters

we don't really mention Roger Scruton in university given his irrelevance and lack of serious philosophical contribution. it would be like your fictional professor brainwashing people into disliking Rachel Riley.

Bizarro Mark Bosnich

It's more likely that he's not mentioned on a philosophy course at all (wasn't on mine). My first encounter with him at uni was through my own reading, from which I came out disagreeing with quite a lot of what he had to say about aesthetics, so no experience of being 'brainwashed' into it.

Which works of Scruton's have you read, Autopsy Turvey?

Cuellar

Yeah, genuinely don't think I ever heard a lecturer mention Scruton.

I managed to learn to dislike him through the sneaky method of reading stuff he'd written.