Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:01:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Baseball 2020

Started by Famous Mortimer, January 13, 2020, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Let's have a new thread!

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/01/astros-fire-jeff-luhnow-a-j-hinch.html

Well, they had been suspended for a year, but Astros ownership decided they'd had enough bad publicity for one off-season and fired them. If I was Alex Cora, I'd be sweating right now too.

Famous Mortimer

So, a whole bunch of people got fired / resigned for the good of the team over this, including Carlos Beltran, who was looking to be a lock for the Hall Of Fame before this.

Talking of the Hall, Derek Jeter and Larry Walker have just been elected - Jeter in his first year of eligibility, Walker in his last. I like that Walker played for my beloved Cardinals for ten minutes at the end of his career, so of course I've been bombarded with images of him in Cardinals gear since the election was announced (he's much more famous as one of the Rockies).

Talking of the Rockies, Nolan Arenado seems less than thrilled that the promises of ownership to surround him with a decent team have come to naught, and it's looking like he wants out. Fingers crossed the Cardinals can send enough the other way to make it happen, as I'd love to see him play in St Louis.