Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:07:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Archer by Alexandra Savior

Started by Dusty Substance, January 14, 2020, 12:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Substance

If you're into your 60s inspired dreampop with sprinklings of Goldfrapp, Lana Del Rey, Bat For Lashes and David Lynch, then I highly recommend The Archer, the second album by L.A based singer/songwriter Alexandra Savior.

It's the first album I've heard since Weyes Blood's Titanic Rising (my favourite album of the decade) where I felt compelled to listen to it again straight afterward.

Really good stuff.

SteveDave

I was just coming on here to start a thread about this LP so thank you for saving me the effort.

I loved her first album "Belladonna Of Sadness" but was wondering how much of that was to do with Alex Turner's involvement. "The Archer" is fantastic though.

"Howl" is my current favourite with it's "Can't get you off my miiiiiind" hook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhnSZmRO528

I'm looking forward to seeing her live if/when she comes back to London.

Dusty Substance

Glad to learn someone else has also enjoyed this record!

I knew nothing of her until a few days ago when my Bandcamp recommended the new album so, after listening to The Archer twice, I went back and listened to Belladonna Of Sadness. The debut's not as good and, once you know the Arctic Monkey's involvement, you can't unhear The Last Shadow Puppet influence - No bad thing, mind.

But the second record is a big step forward. She's got a beautiful voice which perfectly suits the music and tunes. Clever lyricist, too.

Norton Canes

Been listening to her after seeing her on Bandcamp too. Really good.

SteveDave

Quote from: Dusty Substance on January 16, 2020, 03:39:36 PM
Glad to learn someone else has also enjoyed this record!

I knew nothing of her until a few days ago when my Bandcamp recommended the new album so, after listening to The Archer twice, I went back and listened to Belladonna Of Sadness. The debut's not as good and, once you know the Arctic Monkey's involvement, you can't unhear The Last Shadow Puppet influence - No bad thing, mind.

But the second record is a big step forward. She's got a beautiful voice which perfectly suits the music and tunes. Clever lyricist, too.

I fucking hate The Last Shadow Puppets primarily because of the despicable Miles Kane. Alexandra co-wrote this for them though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPsyynjHpbY

SteveDave

She's playing in this London in May. And other places.

Head Gardener