Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:11:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your CaB Story

Started by a peepee tipi, January 14, 2020, 01:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pingers

Quote from: kittens on January 16, 2020, 12:01:07 PM
here speaks a man who failed the Initiation. a bitter husk of a man who, instead of trying to understand why he consistently fails, lashes out at the ones offering him a chance.

He does this, but don't be harsh on him. See, he used to go up and down the country looking for friends. He'd bound off the train in a new city, his young face all eager and puppyish, and the local scrotes would see him a mile off. The next thing he's in a Spoons with his new 'mates' and then it's the sleepy vapours and a darkroom. Sad.

Nowhere Man

I joined this forum a confused, depressed, narcissistic, anxiety ridden 18 year old kid on December 30, 2012. I haven't really changed that much in the 7 years since, but at that stage I knew fuck all about anything that wasn't surface level. This forum has helped me out through most of the really shit times in my life since then. When I moved to Uni and felt terribly lonely and suicidal and was drinking all day every day it was talking and drunk shitposting on here that helped me get through it. It's very considerate how decent you all were to me considering I was acting like a complete and utter bell.

I've been lucky to have so much support from so many members of this forum over the years it would be churlish to single anyone out in particular, but hopefully they know who they are. Going to group meets and also hanging out with members from here have honestly been some of the highlights of my life. The experiences i've got from this forum are irreplaceable. Many of my favourite films, TV shows, literature and of course music have all come from recommendations on here. The majority of my humour and politics in real life have also been pilfered from here. I've came here for much of my advice regarding most things since 2013, for better or worse. I often doubt i'd even be alive now it wasn't for CaB.

Whether it's been long term relationships, serious depression, getting married, VISA issues, being diagnosed with leukaemia last summer ect. I could always refer to this forum and the support of it's posters to help me through some of the best and worst moments of my life. I'm typing this 2 months and 4 days after my stem cell transplant and feeling stronger everyday. It's this forum that's kept me from going insane while I can't work and feeling like a depressed sad sack. Plus, the advice some of you have given over the years has been invaluable to my day to day life. But most of all it's been a constant welcome respite from a world that is increasingly fucked.

I love you cunts. x

Fambo Number Mive

I started reading this forum in 2003 when I was 17 years old. Wasn't posting on here for all that time though. This is the only forum I visit and one of a handful of sites I visit every day. It is brilliant, a corner of the Internet that is a jewel. Full of lovely, funny supportive people which has introduced me to so many things. Neil is an absolute start for keeping this place going, in particular what he has to put up with from a minority of idiots. Cookd and Bombd makes my life better and the life of so many people better. If all forums were like this, the Internet would be a better place.

kittens

this forum made me the incel i am today

Ferris

Quote from: Pingers on January 16, 2020, 12:37:42 PM
He does this, but don't be harsh on him. See, he used to go up and down the country looking for friends. He'd bound off the train in a new city, his young face all eager and puppyish, and the local scrotes would see him a mile off. The next thing he's in a Spoons with his new 'mates' and then it's the sleepy vapours and a darkroom. Sad.

You're just jealous of my glamorous jetsetting trainsetting lifestyle.

pancreas

Quote from: kittens on January 16, 2020, 03:01:43 PM
this forum made me the incel i am today

You penised a foof not so long ago: what are you talking about Mr Garrison.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Default to the negative on January 16, 2020, 02:24:04 AM
This means you're about the same age as me. Slightly younger. And balding...

Better than balding: bald.

In the upside I don't do involuntary cirrhotic sharts into my plastic 8 pack of Tesco undergarments.

Cloud

Gonna try posting again.  There isn't really any other site like it, good content and the people seem pretty decent even if the feeling isn't mutual.  So it's hard to leave for long without a ban or something.  Story part 2 I think is "tries to avoid political threads" - that's where most of the animosity comes from and we've lost anyway so there's nothing to discuss for a while.  90s netiquette had the right idea...

The promise was not to bother people again, obviously that's kind of broken at this point but noticed the ignore script sounds pretty usable now so at worst it's just an "oh great, this prick is active again, into the blacklist you go" and all is well with the world!

Barry Admin

Yaaaas, welcome back! You're nowhere near as annoying as you think, you cunt.

Good to see.

Cloud

Right in the feels... 
That means a lot, thanks dude.  Will try to live up to it

Fisher Goes Berserk

Lurked for years, know a few of you offline. Finally joined last April. Discovered that I have a talent for killing threads, so have largely gone back to lurking.

You seem like a good bunch. Every day someone here makes me laugh, and I've also discovered some great music here (and tech - just bought a pocket operator). So... ta.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Fisher Goes Berserk on January 17, 2020, 05:03:17 PM
Lurked for years, know a few of you offline. Finally joined last April. Discovered that I have a talent for killing threads, so have largely gone back to lurking.

This is bollocks mate, don't worry about it and just get stuck in.

A lot of the folks on this forum are a bit anxious and nervous about starting new threads, because they might not get (enough) replies etc. It doesn't matter, no-one else cares or is judging you for it.

You see in the GB forum view/topic list where the heading says "last post"? Many years ago, there was so much neurosis about people supposedly "killing threads" that I changed that to "thread killed by" for a joke.

Threads just end, they're on and then they're gone, please don't let a misplaced sense of responsibility for that keep you from contributing, if you otherwise enjoy doing so.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 17, 2020, 05:11:11 PM
Threads just end, they're on and then they're gone, please don't let a misplaced sense of responsibility for that keep you from contributing, if you otherwise enjoy doing so.

Not really. There are a couple things on here that I would like gone for good but they won't be as you don't actually delete posts (unless circumstances have warranted it and you have done rightly on rare occasions) and I some times wonder if they might ever be picked up on in the future by someone trawling through my posts for nefarious ends.

Fisher Goes Berserk

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 17, 2020, 05:11:11 PM
This is bollocks mate, don't worry about it and just get stuck in.

That's kind, thank you.

weekender

Quote from: Fisher Goes Berserk on January 17, 2020, 06:28:20 PM
That's kind, thank you.

I agree and everything, but I do kind of expect a certain something from you based on your username and avatar description.  Not sure what, I'll leave that up to you :)

Fisher Goes Berserk

Quote from: weekender on January 17, 2020, 06:30:48 PM
I agree and everything, but I do kind of expect a certain something from you based on your username and avatar description.  Not sure what, I'll leave that up to you :)

Ah, I see I've created needlessly high expectations that I'll never be able to meet. It's good to know I'm maintaining consistency with every other area of my life. :)

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Mortimer on January 16, 2020, 05:43:36 AM
My insomnia found me googling "celebrity cunts" at 3am, high up on the list was "Barry Took pissed through my letterbox" which made me laugh out loud in the early hours and turned out to be a tag on here. Joined, contributed nothing since but lurk a lot.

Fuck you with your stupid fucking username

New folder

Around late 2016 I accidentally discovered CaB by googling why is Ricky Gervais such a cunt. Stuck around for the provocative sense of humour and that Crobbins thread... blablahblah posted drunk eventually and here I am.

weekender

^ Best new username and avatar I've seen in early 2020.

Goddamit Fisher, you'd better come up with a good reason for going beserk.

Ray Travez

Is it not enough that he does?

Cerys

Maybe he goes berserk when taxed with coming up with a good reason for going berserk.

Fisher Goes Berserk

Quote from: weekender on January 17, 2020, 11:09:25 PM
Goddamit Fisher, you'd better come up with a good reason for going beserk.

Quote from: Ray Travez on January 18, 2020, 01:33:27 AM
Is it not enough that he does?

Quote from: Cerys on January 18, 2020, 01:40:00 AM
Maybe he goes berserk when taxed with coming up with a good reason for going berserk.

The only thing guaranteed to make Fisher go berserk is gravel.

As for me, I'm a girl and don't go berserk nearly as much as I probably should.

imitationleather

Quote from: Fisher Goes Berserk on January 18, 2020, 11:14:03 AM

Oh, why's that then?

Fisher Goes Berserk

Quote from: imitationleather on January 18, 2020, 11:15:21 AM
Oh, why's that then?

I've no idea. I would have suggested we ask him directly, but it turns out he died in 1999. Got in gravel.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Fisher Goes Berserk on January 18, 2020, 11:14:03 AM

Lovely. My username's also from a song, Ray Travez by underrated 90's indie drone-pop misfits, Tiger. I'd link to it but it's not on YouTube.

studpuppet

Quote from: Marner and Me on January 14, 2020, 10:09:40 AM
I was completely hung over and Googling something shite. Ended up on here. I found a thread about Foyles bookshop...

I think Foyles must have been me.

Apparently I've been here since 2012, but I have a dim recollection of being a member years before (probably originally joining because of TVGoHome or Darkplace, something like that). I'm guessing this is my second stint because:

1. My current username has always been my second choice one.
2. I had twins back in 2006 which meant time to spend shitting about on a forum like this came to an abrupt halt for a few years.

I post when I feel I have something to contribute, I don't need this forum to be my psychological crutch, and I find the idea of meeting ANY of you in the flesh completely abhorrent.

Shit Good Nose

Started lurking in, I think, about 2007 after it came back as one of only four or five results for Mr Don and Mr George (the others being a defunct channel 4 page, the wiki pages for Absolutely, Jack Docherty and Moray Hunter, and an IMDB entry).  I didn't sign up as most of my forum time at that point was devoted to the late and much lamented forum for Empire magazine (the forum was MUCH better than the mag at that point and was basically treated by nearly all of its members as a completely separate and different entity).  When that was wound up I went to sign up on here (2010/11/12 - can't remember exactly), but if memory serves that was during the period when registrations were closed.  Or did that happen the second time I signed up (on account of my previous identity on here being my e-mail address - a very very stupid schoolboy error by someone who should have known much better but didn't think about it until it was too late)?

Anyway, re-signed up with this identity in 2016 as I wanted to talk about stuff that I was too paranoid to talk about in my previous guise in case I got rumbled by other parties.

That's about it, really.  I come here for laughs, information, genuinely interesting commentary and discussion.  I could do without some of the eye rolling and forehead slapping annoying stuff, but that comes with forum territory wherever you go dunnit.