Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,489
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:36:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Will the Tory party do well? [Split topic]

Started by holyzombiejesus, January 14, 2020, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on January 15, 2020, 11:07:56 AM
Oh my what a bunch of drama queen misery cunts we have on here, I think some of them actually enjoy the 'lying in their own piss crying' attitude. I worked with a couple of folk like this about 10 years ago, never want to go through that again, every fucking chance almost relishing in their pessimistic and down beat world views, told to all and sundry in the office every fucking day. Absolute fucking personality vampires the pair of them.
A lot of people have been optimistic for a long time, and this is the end result of all that. I'm not sure how much longer I can be optimistic about a world which happily votes into power the absolute worst people imaginable.

bgmnts

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on January 15, 2020, 11:07:56 AM
Oh my what a bunch of drama queen misery cunts we have on here, I think some of them actually enjoy the 'lying in their own piss crying' attitude. I worked with a couple of folk like this about 10 years ago, never want to go through that again, every fucking chance almost relishing in their pessimistic and down beat world views, told to all and sundry in the office every fucking day. Absolute fucking personality vampires the pair of them.

ok boomer

idunnosomename

these fascist cunts got their coup and now they're rebooting austerity to fund the nationalist fantasy of brexit. take it, dickheads

idunnosomename

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 30, 2020, 12:00:07 AM
these fascist cunts got their coup and now they're rebooting austerity to fund the nationalist fantasy of brexit. take it, dickheads

https://www.ft.com/content/2d13dcb0-42c2-11ea-a43a-c4b328d9061c

so you could spend money on GET READY FOR BREXIT and minting Brexit 50ps you had to melt down and remint but we have to face cuts?

if you voted for the tories and you arent rich: you are a fucking idiot

jobotic

Bloody hell

QuotePolitical journalists boycott No 10 briefing after PM's aide tried to ban selected reporters
Rowena Mason Rowena Mason
Political journalists walked out of No 10 Downing Street this afternoon in protest at the government planning to give a briefing on the EU only to selected reporters – banning The Mirror, i, Huffington Post, PoliticsHome, Independent and others from attending.

Reporters on the invited list were asked to stand on one side of a rug in the foyer of No 10, while those not allowed in were asked by security to stand on the other side.

After one of Boris Johnson's most senior advisers, Lee Cain, told the banned reporters they must leave the building, the rest of the journalists decided to walk out rather than allow Downing Street to choose who scrutinises and reports on the government.

Among those who refused the briefing and walked out included the BBC's Laura Kuenssberg, ITV's Robert Peston and political journalists from the Daily Mail, Telegraph, the Sun, Financial Times, and Guardian.

The briefing was due to be given by government officials, who are meant to be neutral, rather than political.

The tactics from No 10 mirror those of Donald Trump in the US who has been known to try to exclude journalists from reporting on his activities and represents an escalation of Johnson's tensions with the media, which have been ramping up in recent weeks.

even Kuenssberg. Even Kuennsberg.

Norton Canes

Well done everyone. Now GET IT ON THE FRONT PAGES.

bgmnts

Will the Romans do well?
Will the Church do well?
Will the Inquisition do well?
Will the Mongols do well?
Will the Nazis do well?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 03, 2020, 03:26:40 PM
Well done everyone. Now GET IT ON THE FRONT PAGES.

YES - THE ELECTION IS MERE WEEKS AWAY, THIS WILL WEAKEN THE GOVERNMENT

Famous Mortimer

Imagine if those worthless stuffed shirts had done their jobs before the election rather than sticking the boot to Corbyn. Ban the lot of them, because they're absolutely fucking useless.

Norton Canes

Quote from: bgmnts on February 03, 2020, 03:28:16 PM
Will the Romans do well?
Will the Church do well?
Will the Inquisition do well?
Will the Mongols do well?
Will the Nazis do well?

Yeah was meaning to say, can we change the title of this thread? Sounds like a advertising slogan for a supermarket. 'Govern well for less'. Can I suggest something along the lines of 'Tory cuntery update'

Jockice

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on February 03, 2020, 03:28:42 PM
Imagine if those worthless stuffed shirts had done their jobs before the election rather than sticking the boot to Corbyn. Ban the lot of them, because they're absolutely fucking useless.

Arsewipes. I was never a hard-hitting journalist but I'd have been a lot better than that lot.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Jockice on February 03, 2020, 03:48:46 PM
Arsewipes. I was never a hard-hitting journalist but I'd have been a lot better than that lot.
I never made it any more high profile than writing articles about sports stadiums, and I'm incredibly non-confrontational, but I feel the same way about myself. The bar really is that low.

Jockice

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on February 03, 2020, 04:38:25 PM
I never made it any more high profile than writing articles about sports stadiums, and I'm incredibly non-confrontational, but I feel the same way about myself. The bar really is that low.

Well I was basically an entertainment writer who apart from the odd occasion when I was given no alternative hid away from hard news. Because I wasn't very good at it. I'm not the confrontational kind myself but I'm sure neither of us are arselickers to the extent that darling Robert and Laura are In fact, there are people with no journalistic (or political experience at all who would do a better job of holding Johnson etc to account.

idunnosomename

ahh oooh ahhh makes you think

lotta this shit now

https://twitter.com/EmmaKennedy/status/1224437220355891201

maybe you should have voted and campaigned for labour you gurning melt

Danger Man

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 03, 2020, 04:50:28 PM
The Nazis lost in the end

German Fascism did indeed lose.

Italian Fascism grew stronger and stronger.

Fambo Number Mive

A Tory MP and former minister actually criticizes Boris Johnson for a change.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18208709.claire-perry-attacks-government-climate-change-job-loss/

QuoteIn a letter to Mr Johnson published by the Financial Times, Ms O'Neill told the prime minister: "You promised to 'lead from the front' and asked me what was needed: 'money, people, just tell us!' Sadly these promises are not close to being met."

She added: "This isn't a pretty place to be and we owe the world a lot better."

She said the PM had not convened the cabinet subcommittee on climate change that he had promised adding that the Government was "miles off track" in setting a positive agenda for the summit in Glasgow and that promises of action "are not close to being met".

I wonder how Johnson's crew will react.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 04, 2020, 12:05:02 AM
ahh oooh ahhh makes you think

lotta this shit now

https://twitter.com/EmmaKennedy/status/1224437220355891201

maybe you should have voted and campaigned for labour you gurning melt

I'd never heard of her until a few months ago and now it seems I see her every day saying something dumb and melty. She's been squealing with excitement about Pete Buttigigieggigg since last night, for example. I cringed my face inside-out when she announced she had received Irish citizenship and an old friend told her "We're honoured to have you". Fuck up with this "we" shit, matey.

Part of me thinks that the Tories now get to 'own' Brexit.  Which could be a good thing longer term, as those who suffer the results of right-wing hubris hardest will be those who have still got all or most of their working lives ahead.  They won't forgive it quickly - nor the party that fucked everything.

Unfortunately, another part of me thinks that this could all simply get worse - that people won't blame the Tories (nor themselves), but the usual 'other' for Brexit not leading to a land of perpetual loveliness and Empire 3.0.

So short term = bad to worse; long term = brighter.   That hardly helps those who are going to suffer under the current shower of twats, mind.

olliebean

I mean, here's how it's going to work:

The Tories agree a deal with the EU
The Tories get a stonking majority on the basis of having succeeded in agreeing a deal with the EU
The Tories change certain aspects of the deal to make it far shitter for ordinary working people than it was going to be
The EU say Hang on, that's not what we agreed to
The Tories say Look, the EU are reneging on the deal
Everyone's life goes to shit
The Tories say Your lives would be brilliant if it wasn't for the evil EU reneging on the brilliant deal we arrange with them
The idiots who voted Tory believe that everything bad that's happening to them is somehow still the EU's fault, and vote Tory again next time around
DESOLATION

imitationleather

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on February 04, 2020, 11:19:15 AM
She's been squealing with excitement about Pete Buttigigieggigg since last night, for example.

Fucking hell, if I didn't know she was real I'd be thinking she was one of those parody accounts.

idunnosomename

lol they're going to make sure america gets worse next

EOLAN

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 04, 2020, 01:52:37 PM
lol they're going to make sure america gets worse next

It is rather crude and facetious generally; but suggesting there is nothing that Trump could attach a nickname to Buttigieg; well maybe it's true. But the demeaning mispronunciations Trump will come up with of his actual name would probably do the trick in itself.

tourism

i thought he had the nicknames 'mayor pete' and 'alfred e neumann'

Sin Agog

Hated Katy Brand ever since her tumbleweed appearances on Buzzcocks.

Didn't Bootygag get involved in some hella shady CIA foreign operative shit?  I wouldn't wrap my lips around that whistle.

'No dirt'

I think someone in the African American community of South Bend might want to have a word with Katy.

And it's hardly a stretch to imagine what Trump would do with a gay candidate who's surname begins with 'Butt'.  Fucking hell, the 'jokes' write themselves.  Just think what Jim Davidson would do, and then add a camp elderly American voice to it, and there you have it.

jobotic

Those complaining about No 10 deciding which "journalists" are allowed in their inner circle are indulging in a "mass outbreak of snowflakery" according to disgraced former minister Damian Green.

Alt-right government.