Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:03:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Will the Tory party do well? [Split topic]

Started by holyzombiejesus, January 14, 2020, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
What the silly cunts always seem to forget, is that if they change the protocols this time, then when they're out of power the same new protocols will bite their lot in the arse.  Then we'll see who the fucking snowflakes are.

phantom_power

I have noticed a lot of emphasising how great Britain is whenever a politician talks about issues lately. Matt Cockhands was talking about the coronavirus stuff and had to keep mentioning how Oxford tech was being used and how the UK was leading the way in this, that and the other. I don't remember this sort of thing being that prominent before. I think the Tories are really trying to double down on the Brexit jingoism to remain popular

Cuellar

If you don't mention Britain whenever you speak, you're basically shitting into the gaping mouths of 17.4 million people.

Why do you hate this country so much?

phantom_power

That's the thing isn't it. They have managed to create an environment where criticising anything about the country, including the government, is seen by some as moaning or unpatriotic.

jobotic

Whole point of the culture wars isn't it?

Like I said the aim is that in five years putting a Labour poster up in your window will be received in the same way as one that says "paedos live here".

Also why you can't just say ignore him about people like Laurence Fox, particularly when they are given a platform by the BBC

idunnosomename

at some houses I knocked at in november/december, i felt i might have well be advocating for child rape

Zetetic

machotrouts

Might as well child rape in manifesto 2024 nothing to lose

Paul Calf

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on February 04, 2020, 02:20:30 PM
What the silly cunts always seem to forget, is that if they change the protocols this time, then when they're out of power the same new protocols will bite their lot in the arse.  Then we'll see who the fucking snowflakes are.

Their plan is for that never to happen.

Zetetic

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-speech-in-greenwich-3-february-2020 if you find yourself feeling too well.

Goes back and forth a lot on free trade, protecting the NHS, and consumer and production standards; very incoherent.

Notably highlights that the EU was never a serious brake on the UK's use of "state aid". Indeed, quite a lot of it is about the idea that having now left the EU, we're going to be a model member state anyway (from the point of view of economic liberalism).

Also highlights African projects to build (internal) free trade areas - or single markets plus customs unions if you prefer...

Paul Calf

I don't see how they can know that when the government is so reluctant to disclose even the broadest of detail about its plans and anything they do reveal usually turns out to be a gambit.

Fambo Number Mive

I Just feel a bit powerless about it all. I will vote for RLB as leader and Butler as deputy, share anti-Tory stuff on Facebook and try to start threads on here regarding anti-Tory news stories to get discussion/awareness going. What more can I do?

Fambo Number Mive

I like this question from Ian Blackford at PMQs today

Quote"In first few days of Brexit Britain this PM has sacked an official [Claire O'Neill from COP26], taken an isolationist approach to trade, & banned the press from No10  briefing. Is he intentionally trying to impersonate Trump?"

idunnosomename

he looks like an extra from a hackney agency. eee. but fucking hell Johnson is so awkward in everything he does. he's not like trump at all who has that reality TV swagger. he's just shit. but I think it works as a kind of beige neutral that people wanted

jobotic

Why have they done a TV ad? To make libtards cry?

imitationleather

Propaganda to make it seem like everything's fine for everyone else.

Fambo Number Mive

Why does Johnson need to be told "This person here"? How many people as they filming?

I wonder how David feels about the 5% cuts to all government departments or the austerity that the party he voted for brought in.

idunnosomename

it's fucking transparent garbage and johnson is a rugger-bugger bully hack who I cant believe anyone sees as anything other than a prime cunt

Zetetic

Owner-occupier? Impossible to say, I'm sure.

Interesting choice to emphasise regional "productivity" (a horrible misleading term) differences. Can't quite work out what that's about.

Zetetic

It's broadly a bad prank: The setup is that Boris Johnson isn't there, and the payoff is that he is and he's telling that all the jobs where you live are shit but also that this is a lie.

holyzombiejesus

I hope someone tells David that he's a thick cunt who will have blood on his hands (and not just from digging up roads).

Fambo Number Mive

Another lie by the Prime Minister:

QuoteBoris Johnson has been slapped down by the official statistics watchdog for making a false claim about Universal Credit.

Two weeks ago, the Prime Minister told PMQs the six-in-one benefit "has in fact succeeded in getting 200,000 people into jobs."

But the UK Statistics Authority has now ruled his claim was inaccurate - because the figure is only predicted once the benefit is fully rolled out in 2024...

He wrote to the Opposition: "You asked the UK Statistics Authority to investigate the claim that 'Universal Credit has in fact succeeded in getting 200,000 people into jobs.'

"As you say, the 200,000 figure represents the Department for Work and Pensions' estimate of the predicted impact on employment once Universal Credit is fully rolled out rather than the effect so far."

"I am copying this letter to the Prime Minister."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-slapped-down-watchdog-21442228

Johnson's core support, like Trump's core support, don't seem to mind when Johnson lies.

BlodwynPig

Fambo Number Mive

Why would people setting up their own business hate the Tories? Such an odd thing for her to say.

Paul Calf

Paul Calf

Or rather, they love handing them over to big businesses and taking a cut for themselves.