Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Bung a bob for Big Ben's bongs" [split topic] [merged]

Started by Huxleys Babkins, January 14, 2020, 04:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Turns out that Johnson was lying out of his fat fucking arse again. Imagine.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/14/boris-johnsons-big-ben-brexit-bong-plan-falls-flat

I'm sure they'll spin this into another "we wanted to, but the elite/nanny state/EU/Jerry Crobbins wouldn't let us" culture war battle.

phantom_power

There is something deeply wrong about the government crowdfunding something like this, though its list of contributors would provide a handy guide to who is a massive fucking idiot twatcunt arsehole

idunnosomename

they arent. it's all nonsense. i dont know why they couldnt just play a tape from the clock tower instead. but this is the conservation of a world heritage site. you cant just rush it through so mark francois can pop a chubby at the sheer britishness of the whole fucking charade that is our septic flow that is a nation

idunnosomename

we were doomed when parliament approved calling the clock tower "the elizabeth tower". Fuck it, it's Big Ben. Ever heard of a metonym? Fuck you

imitationleather

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 14, 2020, 09:03:02 PM
"the elizabeth tower"

It's a nightmare to find anything in this country because everything is fucking called Elizabeth.

BlodwynPig

Die Britain Die

... yes, im back to my pre-2015 nihilism

idunnosomename

Quote from: imitationleather on January 14, 2020, 09:42:36 PM
It's a nightmare to find anything in this country because everything is fucking called Elizabeth.
i think you underestimate how much more shit is called victoria. but. time.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Zetetic on January 14, 2020, 07:51:00 AM
How must we respect the referendum result?

Patriotically.

Well, in that clip, Varoufakis puts himself as 0.8 out of 10 in his enthusiasm for the Greek state. So, no, not patriotically.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe House of Commons Commission has said the estimated cost of up to £500,000 cannot be justified and using donations would be "unprecedented".

An amendment to the PM's Brexit bill, which would have required it to chime on Brexit day at 23:00 GMT, failed last week.

So who put through the amendment which I assume would have required the Government to pay up to £500,000 of public money for the clock to make a noise .

BlodwynPig

We can all put our hands in our armpit and clamp down at the requisite hour

madhair60

what can the proletariat (me) do to ensure that BIG BEN BONG happen on Brexit time?

Norton Canes

BlodwynPig

Urinal Cake

Wiley- Eediyat Skengman 18 (Stormzy diss) feat Boris Johnson

DrGreggles

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 14, 2020, 09:03:02 PM
we were doomed when parliament approved calling the clock tower "the elizabeth tower". Fuck it, it's Big Ben. Ever heard of a metonym? Fuck you
Technically the bell is really called the Great Bell and Big Ben is just a nickname, so anyone using the latter name for anything, bell or tower, is wrong and probably hates the Queen and Prince Philip and all the ravens and beefeaters and Prince Andrew's cock.

Edited to add: I shall crowdfund Vera Lynn to impersonate the sound of Big Ben chiming. That's the really patriotic thing to do.

Inspector Norse

According to THE INTERNET they rang Big Ben on New Year's Eve using an electric motor. Can't they just do that again?

Apologies for not having bothered doing any proper research and just expecting someone here to know the answer.

Sebastian Cobb

Buelligan

I don't really give a fuck.  It's all bullshit.  Unsurprising to see Johnson polishing this particular piece of brass, the fucking cunt.  I hope someone's drilled a huge hole in his lifeboat.

idunnosomename

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 15, 2020, 10:06:35 AM
Technically the bell is really called the Great Bell and Big Ben is just a nickname, so anyone using the latter name for anything, bell or tower, is wrong and probably hates the Queen and Prince Philip and all the ravens and beefeaters and Prince Andrew's cock.

Edited to add: I shall crowdfund Vera Lynn to impersonate the sound of Big Ben chiming. That's the really patriotic thing to do.
THE CLOCK TOWER THAT HOLDS THE GREAT BELL OF THE PALACE OF WESTMINSTER

Grave mate. Its big ben

Buelligan

imitationleather

These cunts will never be happy about anything. They do not have it in them.

Chollis

Buelligan

I know it's wrong.  Warped even.  I'd love to see it fall down in a heap, possibly crushing Johnson whilst he smirks and grunts with some DM cunts and titty blondes, just fall down like that, flump, the French would say, at the first forced bong.  Then silence and someone laughing far away.  I'd stay up to watch that.

Thomas

Cuellar

I think we should all learn to compromise and just ask Boris to burn the tower down with Mark Francois inside it like the end of The Wicker Man on the 31st.

"Brexit is icumen in"