Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Bung a bob for Big Ben's bongs" [split topic] [merged]

Started by Huxleys Babkins, January 14, 2020, 04:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

B I G B E N B O N G
I                         N
G                        O
B                         B
E                         N
N                         E
B                         B
O                        G
N                         I
G N O B N E B G I B

Jerzy Bondov

Here's Mark having a quick break from working hard on getting a bell to go off

Cursus

According to the Express,

Quotethe vibrant resonance of the massive bell, imbued with solemnity and significance, is part of the fabric of our cultural life.

madhair60

Quotethe vibrant resonance of the massive bell

ah, my autobiography

Cuellar

Bit metropolitan elite, isn't it? Why does it have to be London? Get some fat mackem to slap his gut with a fish to mark Brexit or get a west country simpleton to finger his sister or something.

I can't stand England and everyone in it.

Cursus

Quote from: Cuellar on January 15, 2020, 10:46:56 AM
Bit metropolitan elite, isn't it? Why does it have to be London? Get some fat mackem to slap his gut with a fish to mark Brexit or get a west country simpleton to finger his sister or something.

I can't stand England and everyone in it.

Well:

QuotePassionate readers flocked to the Express.co.uk comments section to make their voice heard.

One reader said: "I think every town clock and church bell and anything else you can think of should ring out LOUD and CLEAR for Brexit!

"Its the best thing that has happened to this country for over 40 years!"

A third reader said: "Ring out My old friend....LOUDLY AND PROUDLY."

Neville Chamberlain

Quote"I think every town clock and church bell and anything else you can think of should ring out LOUD and CLEAR for Brexit!"

Really, like literally anything else?!? What about things that are inherently unable to emit noises, like pencils, apples or bricks?

Brexiteer in "not really thought things through" shock.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Buelligan on January 15, 2020, 10:38:37 AM
I know it's wrong.  Warped even.  I'd love to see it fall down in a heap, possibly crushing Johnson whilst he smirks and grunts with some DM cunts and titty blondes, just fall down like that, flump, the French would say, at the first forced bong.  Then silence and someone laughing far away.  I'd stay up to watch that.

I have nothing but praise for this comment, especially the expression " titty blondes".

idunnosomename

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on January 15, 2020, 11:03:28 AM
Really, like literally anything else?!? What about things that are inherently unable to emit noises, like pencils, apples or bricks?

Brexiteer in "not really thought things through" shock.
anything that rings. Call your own telephone! Ring your doorbell! Have your microwave ping! Set your smoke alarm off! This is very normal

Norton Canes

I'd love to see it fall down in a heap, possibly crushing Johnson whilst he smirks and grunts with some DM cunts

idunnosomename

Alliteration and bells are all brexit it is atm. Fucking nonsense

SOUND AND FURY haha clever people can complete this quote for a burn

Fambo Number Mive

Why is being vegan a bad thing? And why does Banks think that most churchgoers support Brexit? Interesting he implies that if you don't want church bells to ring on Brexit day you are not patriotic.

Panbaams

Looking forward to the inevitable live coverage on BBC1. "All the bongs, as they happen – and it's back to you, Huw."

chveik

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on January 15, 2020, 10:41:37 AM

Here's Mark having a quick break from working hard on getting a bell to go off

he looks like his head has been badly photoshopped on his body

Panbaams

I know it's wrong.  Warped even.  I'd love to see it fall down in a heap, possibly crushing Johnson whilst he smirks and grunts with some DM cunts and titty blondes, just fall down like that, flump, the French would say, at the first forced bong.  Then silence and someone laughing far away.  I'd stay up to watch that.

They'd be stuck inside the Westminster rubble.

idunnosomename

Quote from: chveik on January 15, 2020, 12:09:20 PM
it really is convincing isnt it

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: chveik on January 15, 2020, 12:09:20 PM
That's because I badly photoshopped his head to make it bigger and more red

Chollis

really does look like it's been shopped now that I think about it

chveik

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on January 15, 2020, 12:22:42 PM
That's because I badly photoshopped his head to make it bigger and more red

makes sense. I am a fucking idiot.

Jerzy Bondov

If Mark Francois really did allow himself to be photographed in his office alongside clear evidence that he had just finished masturbating to pictures of spitfires it would be one of the least stupid things he has ever done.

Buelligan

Captain Z

Quote from: Cursus on January 15, 2020, 10:44:04 AM
According to the Express,

the vibrant resonance of the massive bell, imbued with solemnity and significance, is part of the fabric of our cultural life.

Are you sure this wasn't from the advert for penis-scented candles?

Blue Jam

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 14, 2020, 09:03:02 PM
we were doomed when parliament approved calling the clock tower "the elizabeth tower". Fuck it, it's Big Ben. Ever heard of a metonym? Fuck you

It used to be St. Stephen's Tower actually Big Ben is the bell.

(and I am the bell for posting this)

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 15, 2020, 12:52:41 PM
It used to be St. Stephen's Tower actually Big Ben is the bell.

(and I am the bell for posting this)
yeah and the bell is the part standing in for the whole, like the crown.

St Stephens tower is more often the name given to the ventilation spire in the centre, because thats basically over where St Stephens chapel was (ok just to the east of it)

Jollity

I suddenly imagined those Express commenters just howling and hooting wordlessly to ring in Brexit if there were no church bells ringing near them. Or perhaps even if there were. Perhaps they would have done that anyway. Seems quite likely.

Anyway, I don't live in London, or near any church bells, and so I find myself annoyed that this symbolic gesture of...something or other...is getting all this attention when there are a thousand other things our stupid idiot government and media could be concentrating on, and some of them might even have the slightest bit of relevance to me.