Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,483
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:17:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Friend of madhair ask: WHAT COMEDY THIS?

Started by madhair60, January 16, 2020, 12:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

QuoteThere's a probably-not-that-funny-except-maybe-to-me comedy sketch which has kept popping into my head for years now, and I'm genuinely not sure whether it's something I've invented, or something I've caught on TV & not realised.

The gist of it is a middle-aged male TV chef hosting a step-by-step cookery programme, in which every second or third (or occasionally first) step is the instruction to "have a drink". I always picture Paul Whitehouse in this role.

Was this, or something similar, an actual sketch that existed? I feel like it might have been (and yes, I've tried looking it up to no avail).

I vaguely recall this too

Captain Z

Sounds very Mitchell & Webb but I don't specifically recall it.

Twit 2

Parody of Keith Floyd? Or just actual Floyd?

j_u_d_a_s

Ambient Sheep

Heh, I'd forgotten that one but I don't think it's the one the OP's friend was after.  I too remember a Keith Floyd parody where there was some actual cooking involved, but mainly drinking.

Brian Freeze

Didn't Rory Bremner do Keith Floyd a few times?

the

I think Rory Bremner used to do a regular Keith Floyd parody. Edit: ^ see?

Cookery/comedy wise there was also Posh Nosh, which I never saw and probably contained nothing of the sort, but am mentioning it just in case.

Ray Travez

I've seen this sketch. Can't remember where- Hale and Pace? Smith and Jones? Focuses on him cooking, and having a glass of wine repeatedly as part of the cooking instructions. Might have been set on a yacht?

beanheadmcginty

Yeah, Bremner did a good Floyd although only one sketch exists on YouTube and it's not very representative because it's about water.

idunnosomename

fuck i do remember a Floyd spoof but not where it was from. Not Naked Video. Not Harry Enfield. Certainly not Fast Show. Argh.

It might have been Punt and Dennis, I guess.

McFlymo

My first thought was Reeves and Mortimer, but might be thinking of Vic randomly stabbing cocktail sticks into his arms.

Wouldn't be Armstrong & Miller?