Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,352
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:02:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Worst physical feeling (non-pain)

Started by Noonling, January 16, 2020, 12:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

that weird sensation in your head when you've forgotten to take your antidepressants

Pseudopath

Panic attacks is the answer you're looking for. I remember trying to sleep through one once and was woken every 5 minutes like clockwork with that "falling into the bed" phenomenon and my heart racing like the clappers.

Fucking horrible.

Chollis

Ambient Sheep

Groping foam rubber.

Running hands across velvet.

Am physically shuddering just at the thoughts of these.

Brundle-Fly

When one of your legs judders during sleep just at the point in your dream as you fall off a cliff or get hit by a truck.

Oh yes, also trying to scream to get out of a night terror but all you can muster is a muffled whine. Similar to the experience in reality of trying to run away from a dangerous situation but your legs turn to jelly.

Sebastian Cobb

When I get a migraine and can't see properly, and I feel all cold and my face and limbs on one side start tingling.

It doesn't hurt at that point, but later it will.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on January 16, 2020, 02:34:18 PM
When one of your legs judders during sleep just at the point in your dream as you fall off a cliff or get hit by a truck.

I did that on a plane once while the lady in the seat next to me was applying lipstick. Predictable hilarity ensued.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 16, 2020, 02:35:58 PM
When I get a migraine and can't see properly, and I feel all cold and my face and limbs on one side start tingling.

It doesn't hurt at that point, but later it will.

I used to get this mild electric shock sensation in my lower back if I say, stepped off the kerb awkwardly. I knew in an hour's time I will almost certainly be in excruciating agony lying prostrate on the living room floor. Those days have long gone since I invested in a decent mattress and bespoke orthopedic insoles. Oo, it's a bit parky today.

New folder

sleep paralysis can be pretty awful too

BlodwynPig

Heavy turbulence as the cabin goes eerily silent

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on January 16, 2020, 02:44:13 PM
I used to get this mild electric shock sensation in my lower back if I say, stepped off the kerb awkwardly. I knew in an hour's time I will almost certainly be in excruciating agony lying prostrate on the living room floor. Those days have long gone since I invested in a decent mattress and bespoke orthopedic insoles. Oo, it's a bit parky today.

I put my back out hunching over my bike trying to get the wheel in straight after fixing a puncture last week. That was a new unwelcome experience.

It didn't hurt I just couldn't bend down.

Danger Man

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on January 16, 2020, 02:21:28 PM
Groping foam rubber.

Running hands across velvet.

Am physically shuddering just at the thoughts of these.

I've cancelled your visit to my sex dungeon.

Small Man Big Horse

The way your body reacts when a woman tells you she's pregnant. It's even worse if she suspects it's yours.

Blinder Data

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Pseudopath on January 16, 2020, 02:23:06 PM
You what? That's what it's designed for!

I know!  And don't get me wrong, I love the look, but I just can't deal with the feel.

Actually it depends... some superfine velvets are fine.  It seems that my nerves have issues processing things that have holes/filaments at a certain spacing.  Coarse is fine (I have no issues with fluffy towels), super-fine is, er, fine (no problem with silk or really fine velvet), but in-between... ugh.

Another thing I absolutely can't cope with is vacuuming carpets (much to the disgust and sometimes scepticism of generations of girlfriends).  Floors are fine, but carpets... the thought of the hoover head rubbing against all the fluffy bits of the carpet... I've literally got the involuntary shudders just typing that.  It's the equivalent of other people's reactions to squeaking balloons/polystyrene, or nails down a blackboard.  I actually have to cover my eyes or change channel whenever a vacuum-cleaner ad comes on.

Ambient Sheep is 55.

Sebastian Cobb

Brundle-Fly

All nausea-inducing for me. I clearly have guilt complex issues.

Noticing a police car parked outside your home as you walk down your road.

Having your hand luggage examined when you check-in through passport control.

Hearing your full name called out in waiting rooms. Goes back to school assembly this one.

Cuellar

Probably eating loads of dogshit or like live worms or maggots, or having a maggot crawling around in your eye, or a mangoworm in your lip (don't know if this is painful or not tbh).

That or bits in the orange juice.

sevendaughters

being unexpectedly touched in the back of the head. actually triggering.

kidney

The numbness and tingling that comes with hitting your funny bone innit

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: kidney on January 16, 2020, 03:24:01 PM
The numbness and tingling that comes with hitting your funny bone innit

But that is 'effin' painful unless you're a masochist.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The stifling feeling of being all clammy/sticky/grimy (in an entirely non-sexual way). I'm not an OCD germophobe by any means (I've eaten food from the bin on several occasions) but that makes me desperately want a wash.

The weird sub-nausea from eating too much rich food.

Blue Jam

Biting down on a bit of gristle. Just shuddersome. The main reason I avoid reconstituted meat.

Puce Moment

Blue Jam

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 16, 2020, 03:37:03 PM
The weird sub-nausea from eating too much rich food.

I'm not so sure about that, I think nausea on an empty stomach is far worse, mainly because you'll eventually digest that rich food but when your stomach's empty you don't know when the nausea will pass, what's causing it and how you can make it stop. I'm on venlafaxine at the moment and because it has a tiddly half life it makes me feel very very ill if I miss a dose. That time I overslept and work up to realise I was a few hours late taking that morning's dose was interesting. I now know exactly what my bile looks like and finding out wasn't pleasant.

H-O-W-L

Boiled sweet bits stuck in fillings.

pancreas