Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:50:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HURRY UP AND SNOW FFS

Started by Barry Admin, January 16, 2020, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

I wanna be out walking in the snow, maybe take a tray down to Stormont and bomb down the grassy banks. I wanna take pictures of trees and buildings and... just everything really, it all looks so much more beautiful and pristine. I wanna hear and feel the crunch of it beneath my feet. I wanna watch Jelly reacting to its return, and see him bouncing about in it like a titty. I wanna get home and have a nice hot cup of tea while my red cheeks dethaw. I wanna feel wary of getting pelted every time I pass glove-wearing youths.

HURRY UP SNOW FFS. It's absolutely freezing, get to it.

king_tubby

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 16, 2020, 02:29:02 PM
I wanna be out walking in the snow, maybe take a tray down to Stormont and bomb down the grassy banks. I wanna take pictures of trees and buildings and... just everything really, it all looks so much more beautiful and pristine. I wanna hear and feel the crunch of it beneath my feet. I wanna watch Jelly reacting to its return, and see him bouncing about in it like a titty. I wanna get home and have a nice hot cup of tea while my red cheeks dethaw. I wanna feel wary of getting pelted every time I pass glove-wearing youths.

HURRY UP SNOW FFS. It's absolutely freezing, get to it.

100% this, however given your recent misadventures in A&E I would recommend maybe not bombing down the grassy banks of Stormont on a tray?

Are we supposed to be getting snow then? Fucking LOVE SNOW.

pancreas

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 16, 2020, 02:29:02 PM
to Stormont and bomb down

Careful.
IRA there.
IRA mate.
Careful mate.

BlodwynPig

If anything sums up the state of the UK at the moment it is this

The beigest of beige weather predictions

Cuellar

Yes, England is a vast, grey, lukewarm expanse, forever.

Fed up with it. Want weather.

kittens

tiniest bit of snow and i will not attend work. 'just not possible' i will say. 'not worth the risk'. can't wait.

Barry Admin

Quote from: pancreas on January 16, 2020, 02:47:46 PM
Careful.
IRA there.
IRA mate.
Careful mate.

smdh, it took years, but I can't believe this shitey forced meme - which is nicked from Father Ted anyway - finally got some small measure of traction on here.

Sorry, I try really hard not to comment, but it's a comedy discussion forum so what you gonna do.

Spoon of Ploff

It was quite windy on Tuesday... and then yesterday we had some rain, and there was a little bit of hail mixed in with it. No word of a lie. Went on like that for at least a minute. So, you know... Careful what you wish for right?

Buelligan

No chance of snow whatsoever here.  Saw violets today, just flowering their little purple arses off, the almond buds are bursting pink on the black bones and even wild asparagus (normally Marchish) is to be found.  No snow at all.

Barry Admin

Quote from: king_tubby on January 16, 2020, 02:46:15 PM
100% this, however given your recent misadventures in A&E I would recommend maybe not bombing down the grassy banks of Stormont on a tray?

I'll be sitting down. No-one has ever been injured while sitting down, it's a passive activity.

QuoteAre we supposed to be getting snow then? Fucking LOVE SNOW.

YEP. Plus it's just cold enough, so you can feel it coming.. over here anyway.

Seems there might be some dispute now, but the weather forecast literally said literally "snow will absolutely shit down at the end of January."

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on January 16, 2020, 03:20:56 PM
No chance of snow whatsoever here.  Saw violets today, just flowering their little purple arses off, the almond buds are bursting pink on the black bones and even wild asparagus (normally Marchish) is to be found.  No snow at all.

Pretty sure you made the same post last year (perhaps 1 week later than this one)

Dewt

An inch or two this morning. Between three and eight inches on Saturday. It's good for making excuses to not have to go anywhere.

Dewt

Quote from: Dewt on January 16, 2020, 03:24:41 PM
An inch or two this morning. Between three and eight inches on Saturday.
(Michael and Javier respectively)

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

This time two years ago, I was a mere few days away from getting on a plane from Hanoi to Phnom Penh; when I arrived there, the top Cambodian capital was having its coldest weather ( as cold as it got), in the form of it being 31 degrees above. None of this snow bollocks. Once you've wintered out in Slovakia, The Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine, Fucking Freezing Lithuania, Estonia and Russia, you don't go round thinking " good old snow", matey.

king_tubby

Glebe

Heavy rain and windy here today, got soaked. Umbrella fucked.

wosl

Lovely to look at; great bunch of lads, atmosphere-wise, but fairly horrid to walk on, beyond a certain age, once it becomes compacted and glass-smooth (maybe those gripper things you attach to the bottoms of your shoes are the answer; I've never tried them).

Cuellar

I bought some of these

hoping to kick the shit out of wintery weather this year, but have so far only used them to negotiate a medium-sized puddle.

wosl

Nice boots; not keen on the look of the raised heel, though (or the degree to which it's raised).  Sorel do similar sort of boot that I like the look of better; they have more of a welly boot-looking sole and rand combination. 

bgmnts

It's lashed it down past few days so can't imagine any snow will stick.

PlanktonSideburns

Cuellar

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Snow is fucking shit my mate. It's cold, it's slippy, it provides sanctuary for hidden dog turds, and it's difficult to drive on. Hope it dies.

Bennett Brauer

It's likely to turn drier and colder at the weekend and then into the rest of January, cold air over Scandinavia moving down into Europe and Western Russia and possibly affecting the UK.

If that doesn't come off, remember that the Beast from the East didn't begin until 22 February. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Great_Britain_and_Ireland_cold_wave

DrGreggles

I have remote working available, but I can foresee there being connectivity issues should the snow look sufficiently fun.
Sadly there's fuck all forecast on the Cambridge front. #snowcunts

canadagoose

It's been mild as anything this winter, hasn't it? No sign of snow yet and not much frost either.

madhair60

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 16, 2020, 03:15:09 PM
smdh, it took years, but I can't believe this shitey forced meme - which is nicked from Father Ted anyway - finally got some small measure of traction on here.

Sorry, I try really hard not to comment, but it's a comedy discussion forum so what you gonna do.

I think describing the IRA as a "forced meme" is a bit unusual

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Cuellar on January 16, 2020, 06:57:11 PM
I bought some of these

hoping to kick the shit out of wintery weather this year, but have so far only used them to negotiate a medium-sized puddle.

Do they make them for men?

Cuellar

I think they are the men's ones...hang on.

Yeah, definitely the men's.

Lord Mandrake

Do they attract many mallards?