Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:18:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HURRY UP AND SNOW FFS

Started by Barry Admin, January 16, 2020, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thugler

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 24, 2020, 04:15:46 PM
Yeah, see I thought the Instant Pot wasn't as good as my rice cooker, then I read you just ignore the "Rice" button. Throw in 1 cup liquid for each cup rice, little bit of butter, little bit of salt, pressure cook on high for 4 mins.

It's the best thing. The cost saving on cooking dried pulses/beans compared to canned ones is huge. The rice is indeed excellent as well, i use the exact same method

Dewt

Rice cookers are just fundamentally better at cooking rice IMO, because they turn themselves off depending on the state of the rice itself. Even if there's chicken in there too.

Really good recent video about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSTNhvDGbYI

king_tubby

SNOW UPDATE: it's sleeting out. Fuck sleet. Yeet sleet. I want SNOW.

kittens

lads it ain't gonna snow. i'll eat my ass if it snows. no way. snow way haha. but seriously now, there ain't gonna be no snow.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: kittens on January 28, 2020, 10:31:34 AM
lads it ain't gonna snow. i'll eat my ass if it snows. no way. snow way haha. but seriously now, there ain't gonna be no snow.

Why don't you get your old mate Boner to take some from abroad, wrapped in tin foil and then return to pour the contents over your head?

JesusAndYourBush

It just started snowing but before I could post, it stopped.
And as I was typing that it's started again in a really halfhearted way.  EDIT: It stopped.

kittens

just done a hail in bristol. never gonna snow though

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Just how many of you cunts live in Canada?

Norton Canes

We haven't even had a frot yet here in the usually boreal chill of Cumbria borders.

Big Mclargehuge

Drifts up in the moors near where I live.
Fuck all the second you leave them mind...but hey ho...in our region (North West) it's forecasting that tonight and Wednesday are the most likely days for the next month or so of it snowing...I don't fancy the chances at a March flurry...but never say never.

Ferris

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 28, 2020, 12:33:04 PM
Just how many of you cunts live in Canada?

About 34 million of us at last census.

Blue Jam

Snowing in Embra, GET IN. Got me moonboots on and hoping this is another Beast From The East and everyone where I werk will get sent home at 1am and I can have me dinner at the pub.

Never going to happen...

canadagoose

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 10, 2020, 12:00:26 PM
Snowing in Embra, GET IN. Got me moonboots on and hoping this is another Beast From The East and everyone where I werk will get sent home at 1am and I can have me dinner at the pub.

Never going to happen...
Whereabouts? It's only rain down in Leith. Looks miserable.

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 10, 2020, 12:00:26 PM

Never going to happen...

It's coming in on a westerly and only really sticking above 100 metres or so, so wouldn't get your hopes up!

You never know - the smattering through here in the west disappeared when the sun re-appeared, but the snow has just come back on.

Blue Jam

It was snowing heavily all along my commute from Newington to Little France. Not sticking though, just a bit of slush. Moonboots justified, but only just.

Cuellar

Very exciting round my way. It's......

PISSING DOWN

paruses

Snowing Harlech to Dolgellau and possibly beyond although no-one has ever ven tured beyond.

Big Mclargehuge

Been solidly blizzarding over here in the west midlands now for about 2-3 hours. and it's sticking...dunno how deep it'll go. would like a good bit of drop though....

Blue Jam

Snowing like a motherfucker now.

PlanktonSideburns

Haven't looked outside been plastering a ceiling, better be TUNDRAL out there

king_tubby

jobotic

Just windy and cold here. Boring.

canadagoose

BlodwynPig

hamfist

Fuck all in Leeds. Was a bit of SLEET early this morning.

PlanktonSideburns

NOTHING

just smashed up bins

jobotic

Alberon

Weather forecast promised hail in the next hour or two, but so far just more fucking rain.

BlodwynPig

Blue Jam

Turned to sludge already. Fuck's sake Embra, you didn't even give us time for someone to make a snow cock'n'balls in The Meadows.