Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,475
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:38:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HURRY UP AND SNOW FFS

Started by Barry Admin, January 16, 2020, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 16, 2020, 03:15:09 PM
smdh, it took years, but I can't believe this shitey forced meme - which is nicked from Father Ted anyway - finally got some small measure of traction on here.

Sorry, I try really hard not to comment, but it's a comedy discussion forum so what you gonna do.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=48961.0

I suppose what you're try to say is... down with this sort of thing

The link above provides the context, it wasn't anything to do with Father Ted, I just saw a man sliding down a mountain and thought it contained a funny element.

Someone just remarked that it had a palindromic quality, rhythmic anyway. I expect that's something to do with why a number of people greater than 1 enjoy it.

The rest took a life of its own, a life you don't like, which is fine.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 16, 2020, 02:48:25 PM

I'm thinking of staying up all night to see this drizzle on Wednesday. Yes, I know it's self-indulgent, but it's been a good while since I pulled a good old drizzle all-nighter.  I can only hope there's some drizzle forecast in my area, otherwise it would be a complete waste of time.

Barry Admin

Took a life of its own = you spent years repeating it until a compliant but meagre audience was finally built up who would echo it back for your validation, not because it's funny or good, but because people will join in and repeat literally anything if they hear it enough.

Danger Man

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 16, 2020, 10:56:22 PM
Took a life of its own = you spent years repeating it until a compliant but meagre audience was finally built up who would echo it back for your validation.

Careful there.

Ham Bap

Winter has been awful so far in that it's been far too mild and recently just turned windy and wet.
It's crap. The weather was so mild over Christmas I could have gone out and cut my grass.

I want frost and snow.
Feels like it's been about 2 years or so since a decent snow.

I've been off alcohol since New Years Day and resolved to staying off it, but see if it snowed I'd open the curtains and blinds, head to the off-licence for a half bottle of whisky, light the fire and just sit there.
Absolute bliss.

Nobody's joined in and repeated my new meme yet.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Cuellar on January 16, 2020, 06:57:11 PM
I bought some of these

hoping to kick the shit out of wintery weather this year, but have so far only used them to negotiate a medium-sized puddle.

Danger Man

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on January 16, 2020, 11:03:35 PM
Nobody's joined in and repeated my new meme yet.

I'm going down south at the weekend to see my won't die mother.

Overnight.

madhair60

Took a life of its own = you spent years repeating it until a compliant but meagre audience was finally built up who would echo it back for your validation, not because it's funny or good, but because people will join in and repeat literally anything if they hear it enough.

I think I repeated it more than anyone else to be honest. When I clicked through the original thread above it made me laugh out loud again.

Sorry.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wow.

Danger Man

Quote from: madhair60 on January 16, 2020, 11:09:29 PM
I think I repeated it more than anyone else to be honest. When I clicked through the original thread above it made me laugh out loud again.

Sorry.

Cry me a fucking river. Overnight.

This is the worst meteorology forum I've ever signed up to.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 16, 2020, 11:11:31 PM
Wow.

Yeah that's probably coming across a lot nastier than I intended. I'm sorry, I do feel really guilty after I make such comments, but i just can't bear catchphrase comedy and self-referential stuff like that. As I say, it's a comedy discussion forum - not a comedy forum, as it's often mistakenly called - so people trying to be overtly funny is always gonna rankle some of us.

madhair60

Thankfully, all my attempts at humour fall flat due to my ineptitude. As a result, I am Barry Admin's favourite poster.

Bennett Brauer

Glebe

Dewt

Quote from: madhair60 on January 16, 2020, 11:09:29 PM

Sorry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyHr-4SeILI

madhair60

I just wish everyone would get on.

madhair60

See? We're like that. You can't see what I'm doing, but my thumb and index finger are very close together, indicating that we are like them in terms of not physical closeness, but friend-wise.

Kryton

I actually like the snow. One of my fondest memories involved being snowed in the halls at Uni in a rugged Yorkshire landscape after going back just after Christmas day to get some work done. We lived only 5(ish) miles from town, but everything was snowed out to fuck, the roads, valleys, hills.. I enjoyed having to 'survive' for a few days on my posh housemate's salmon before realising I could possibly contact my mate Techno Tony on campus (his real name was Scott) and we hooked each other up with vodka and weed, before going on a 'quest' to find a shop and then realising absolutely nowhere was open before finding and settling in a pub with a big fire in which we spent probably six good hours getting arseholed. Then we walked back in a blizzard and nearly died.

Great days.

Cerys

I thought I could smell snow in the air last week, but nothing.  Failed by my nose.  That's just embarrassing.

When the stuff finally shows up, Neil, you'd better not break yourself again.

pancreas

Two words.

Ice.

Cheese-grater.

Dewt

Ferris

20cm of snow incoming for Toronto. Will be throwing snowballs the second it is an option

Dewt

Are we united by the same incoming snow storm, Ferris?

Ferris

Quote from: Dewt on January 17, 2020, 01:08:08 AM
Are we united by the same incoming snow storm, Ferris?

Think so! It's a long weekend so great excuse to stay inside

Bronzy

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Ham Bap on January 16, 2020, 11:02:45 PM
if it snowed I'd open the curtains and blinds, head to the off-licence for a half bottle of whisky, light the fire and just sit there.

That's a very tolerant off-licence.