Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:36:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HURRY UP AND SNOW FFS

Started by Barry Admin, January 16, 2020, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 18, 2020, 04:12:34 PM
Can confirm: hammering. 

My only goal for today is walk to the KFC on the corner so I can make Instant Pot KFC rice.

you have to make your own food in KFC

oh right do you work in KFC?

Dewt

They are making a dish which requires an ingredient from KFC

PlanktonSideburns

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Pot rice, so rice you chuck boiling water on, like le Pot Noddle, with KFC gravy on it?

Cerys

I want snow, dammit.

SQUIGGLE!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The grey squirrel is vermin.

shoulders

Snowed heavily here in Munich last night and woke up to big flakes dunging their way to the ground.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Cerys on January 19, 2020, 04:19:40 AM
I want snow, dammit.

This Bounty Hunter is my kind of scum, fearless and inventive.

BlodwynPig

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The grey squirrel is vermin.

BlodwynPig

Kryton

shoulders

You couldn't really cause grievous harm to that could you? I mean personally couldn't, but I could definitely outsource its liquidation to a contract company that pulps the little shits for fun.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Nothing grievous no, but I'd definitely try and throw conkers at it.
(I presume you're referring to the squirrel, not Kryton)

Ferris

Time lapse of some snow in Newfoundland, east cost of Canada.

Don't know how to make gifs work but you get the idea. It's very snowy.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Dewt on January 19, 2020, 02:39:28 AM
They are making a dish which requires an ingredient from KFC

Yes, you make rice in the instant pot as usual, with chicken broth instead of water and a little bit of soy sauce. Add 3 pieces of KFC too. Pressure cook for 4 minutes,.then shred the KFC into the rice,.remove the bones and eat.

I tried it because it's some Japanese thing that's been taking the Instant Pot world by storm. It was fine. Less flavourful than I was anticipating. Probably won't be arsed to make it again.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 19, 2020, 02:32:19 AM
what the fuck is happening there?!

looks like his hand gained sentience (overnight) and tried to kill him

He was about to do the weather and one of the newsreaders made a wisecrack at his expense and he flipped them the bird just as the shot cut to him, so he tries to cover it by making some other gesture which in that split second comes off looking worse because it looks like he's sticking his fingers in his mouth, miming a blowjob or something.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: shoulders on January 19, 2020, 11:18:59 AM
You couldn't really cause grievous harm to that could you? I mean personally couldn't, but I could definitely outsource its liquidation to a contract company that pulps the little shits for fun.

Is this shoulders stomach? Were you banned again?

Barry Admin

Yeah, he got banned so he decided to sneak back in with a new name.

weekender

What was the original shoulders banned for?  Please tell it me was for pretentiousness.

Cerys

Barry Admin

Cerys

BlodwynPig

Al Pacino Cry

"BAAAAAANNNNNNNNN MEEEEEEEE"

QDRPHNC

Now you've got me thinking about those Vietnamese sandwiches, lovely.

Dewt

Wasn't that big of a storm in the end but here's the video: https://streamable.com/89ys5

Dewt

You could dox me right down to my apartment window with that video

QDRPHNC

Nice time lapse. We ended up getting a bit more, but it wasn't too bad. Newfoundland got 95cm!

Quote from: Dewt on January 21, 2020, 01:48:23 AM
You could dox me right down to my apartment window with that video

Yeah, it took 3 minutes. But I'm basically an amateur PI due to my eclectic hobbies, so for most people it would be like 6 or 8 minutes.

Also, I made the KFC Instant Pot rice again, with a bit more soy sauce and an extra piece of KFC. Turned out much better. (Just general information for the thread).

Dewt

I just tried it with supermarket fried chicken, my homemade chicken stock, MSG and soy sauce and it was very nice. Cooked it in the rice cooker instead of the Instant Pot (I do have one, but the rice cooker is better for rice, as it should be)

QDRPHNC

Yeah, see I thought the Instant Pot wasn't as good as my rice cooker, then I read you just ignore the "Rice" button. Throw in 1 cup liquid for each cup rice, little bit of butter, little bit of salt, pressure cook on high for 4 mins.