Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:55:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Eminem - Music To Be Murdered By

Started by Malcy, January 17, 2020, 10:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Dropped a new album overnight.

1) 'Premonition (Intro)'
Prod. by Dawaun Parker, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Luis Resto & Mark Batson

2) 'Unaccommodating' (Feat. Young M.A)
Prod. by Eminem & Tim Suby

3) 'You Gon' Learn' (Feat. Royce 5'9 & White Gold)
Prod. by Eminem, Luis Resto & Royce 5'9

4) 'Alfred (Interlude)'
Prod. by Andre "Briss" Brissett, Dawaun Parker & Dr. Dre

5) 'Those Kinda Nights' (Feat. Ed Sheeran)
Prod. by Eminem, Fred & d.a. got that dope

6) 'In Too Deep'
Prod. by Eminem & Tim Suby

7) 'Godzilla' (Feat. Juice WRLD)
Prod. by Eminem & d.a. got that dope

8) 'Darkness'

9) 'Leaving Heaven' (Feat. Skylar Grey)
Prod. by Eminem & Skylar Grey

10) 'Yah Yah' (Feat. Royce 5'9, Black Thought, Q-Tip & dEnAuN)
Prod. by Mr. Porter

11) 'Stepdad (Intro)'
Prod. by Dr. Dre

12) 'Stepdad'
Prod. by Eminem, Luis Resto & The Alchemist

13) 'Marsh'
Prod. by Eminem & Luis Resto

14) 'Never Love Again'
Prod. by Dawaun Parker, Dem Jointz, Dr. Dre, Eminem & Trevor Lawrence Jr.

15) 'Little Engine'
Prod. by Dawaun Parker, Dr. Dre, Erik "Blu2th" Griggs & Trevor Lawrence Jr.

16) 'Lock It Up' (Feat. Anderson .Paak)
Prod. by Dawaun Parker, Dem Jointz, Dr. Dre, Erik "Blu2th" Griggs & Trevor Lawrence Jr.

17) 'Farewell'
Prod. by Eminem & Ricky Racks

18) 'No Regrets' (Feat. Don Toliver)
Prod. by Eminem & d.a. got that dope

19) 'I Will' (Feat. KXNG Crooked, Royce 5'9 & Joell Ortiz)
Prod. by Eminem & Luis Resto

20) 'Alfred (Outro)'
Prod. by Andre "Briss" Brissett, Dawaun Parker & Dr. Dre

Haven't enjoyed an Eminem album since Relapse so I'm hoping this is half decent. So far Ok. Has some good features for a change as well. Noticed that the intro uses a unreleased track from Dr Dre's Compton and takes the name for the album title as well.

mr. logic

Hit and miss as ever, but Darkness is his best song since the Eight Mile soundtrack.

momatt

I hope he does some songs all about himself and how crazy he is.  That'd be good.

Malcy

Quote from: mr. logic on January 17, 2020, 10:12:26 AM
Hit and miss as ever, but Darkness is his best song since the Eight Mile soundtrack.

It's good. He's done a video for it as well.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RHQC4fAhcbU

He's still at the fast rapping but at least he's good at it and it's not every track. You can tell Dre's involvement has helped bring him back to what he was somewhat.

up_the_hampipe

Yah Yah is a pretty damn exhilarating track.

Malcy

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on January 17, 2020, 10:28:46 AM
Yah Yah is a pretty damn exhilarating track.

Yeah it's great. Glad he's finally done a proper track with Black Thought.

Malcy

Ja'moke

Turd.

Listen to Mac Miller's Jon Brion-produced posthumous album instead.

Malcy

Listened all the way through twice. Haven't done that since Relapse. There's still an air of him trying to sound like the utter shite that's been popular in hip hop the past few years but a lot less so than previous albums.

Ja'moke

I was hoping by the title and album cover that it was going to be like Relapse. But he's still whining about critics not liking Revival, making outdated references, and coming up with the corniest punchlines. That whole bit where he compares the Rolling Stone review of Revival to Michael Jackson's Bad... yeesh. His voice still sounds like nails on a chalkboard too.

Black Thought sounds good though.

Dewt

Quote from: Malcy on January 17, 2020, 10:01:19 AM
8) 'Darkness'
Nice sentiment and all, but woke Enimem is so fucking boring.

Last time I had to stay in Vegas I was in a hotel directly opposite the gunman's window, looking down on the area he unloaded on.

Dewt

On the plus side, my driver showed me where Tupac was shot

mr. logic

Quote from: Ja'moke on January 17, 2020, 12:55:24 PM
I was hoping by the title and album cover that it was going to be like Relapse. But he's still whining about critics not liking Revival, making outdated references, and coming up with the corniest punchlines. That whole bit where he compares the Rolling Stone review of Revival to Michael Jackson's Bad... yeesh. His voice still sounds like nails on a chalkboard too.

Black Thought sounds good though.

He's talking about LL Cool J isn't he?

But yeah, Black Thought's verse is amazing. Best rapper alive?

Malcy

Ja'moke

Quote from: mr. logic on January 17, 2020, 03:18:24 PM
He's talking about LL Cool J isn't he?

Ah, yes, you're right. That is a little less egregious than comparing Revival to a Michael Jackson classic.

Also, "Nobody said shit about 2 Chainz as long as he's been here..." maybe because 2 Chainz' last two albums have sounded better than anything Eminem has put out in more than a decade.

Sebastian Cobb

All over the bbc radio news that he mentioned the Ariana Grande bombing. Nice bit of promotion there eh?

Pauline Walnuts

#EminemIsOverParty

was trending on Twitter, apparently.

Clownbaby

Eminem is a right pain to take in nowadays, I think if he fully embraced how bloody odd he is (and sounds) and stopped awkwardly shoehorning unfitting people into his songs, it might do him good and each recent album wouldn't be such a hot mess. His vocal tics and delivery have got stranger and stranger over the last 10 years or so, to the point we're at now where if he appears on someone else's song it sounds very bizarre and out of place, or someone appearing on his song to do a hook/verse clashes with his bizarre cadence and train of thought, bursting the feverish and sometimes actually intriguing sort of bubble he tends to (accidentally?) rap himself into. I'd like to hear him completely isolated for a whole album. He's just too odd sounding to comfortably flow with other voices AND keep a coherent tone going through a song now.

Also it frustrates me how his songs now sound exactly like his written notes famously look. Just a really dense kind of obsessive mess that needs to be trimmed down and shaped up a bit, except he just goes ''aye this incredibly dense rabbit hole of rape n mannequins n knives I have constructed needs a hook from fucking Ed Sheeran and a royalty-free sounding trap beat, that should compliment everything nicely''

I'm annoyed by his recent output because I care. Sweetie all the rhymes in the world are still gonna sound like shite if you can't accessorise

chveik

I wonder if d.a. got that dope and Dem Jointz are related.

Dewt

It's hilarious that he finally got cancelled after becoming woke.

Clownbaby

Someone cancels him whenever he comes out with a new album, it never quite sticks

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on January 17, 2020, 11:19:23 PM
#EminemIsOverParty

was trending on Twitter, apparently.

12 year old Ariana Grande fans.

Quote from: Dewt on January 17, 2020, 11:55:42 PM
It's hilarious that he finally got cancelled after becoming woke.

He gets "cancelled" with every album he puts out.

Clownbaby

Clownbaby

The recent clipping album ''There Existed An Addiction To Blood'' had a decently produced kitschy horror-inspired but sort of alien sounding thing going on that this Eminem album could have benefitted from. He used to tap into this sound pretty well. I know a lot of people aren't keen on Relapse but I thought the instrumentals were campy and great. This album is crying out for something along those lines I think. Generic trap beats have their place but they aren't going to work for Eminem, ever. With all the Hitchcock reference and knowing that Em is a big horror/serial killer guy, it's just odd to me that he goes to all that effort in the lyrics but doesn't put the same energy into getting the right sound

up_the_hampipe

He's the Dave Chappelle of music really, isn't he? Some people think he's not as good as he used to be, he always says stuff on a new project that riles up sections of the internet and spurns a few think pieces, he shows his age in a lot of his work, but ultimately none of that really matters because many think he's the GOAT and he's still massively successful.

For what it's worth, I really miss his distinctive sound that existed on Slim Shady LP to Relapse. MMLP2 was close to getting there, but we never got it back. He's trying to ride the waves of relevancy when he should focus on existing in his own unique space. That's what people loved about him to begin with. Still, I think he's always got a couple of really great tracks on every release, which is more than can be said for many artists after this long.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Dewt on January 18, 2020, 12:26:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMKPwQXReHs

Eminem and Chris D'Elia are now friends because of that, which was a blantant mockery of his freestyles. He can take some forms of criticism, believe it or not.

Clownbaby

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on January 18, 2020, 12:25:40 AM
He's the Dave Chappelle of music really, isn't he? Some people think he's not as good as he used to be, he always says stuff on a new project that riles up sections of the internet and spurns a few think pieces, he shows his age in a lot of his work, but ultimately none of that really matters because many think he's the GOAT and he's still massively successful.

For what it's worth, I really miss his distinctive sound that existed on Slim Shady LP to Relapse. MMLP2 was close to getting there, but we never got it back. He's trying to ride the waves of relevancy when he should focus on existing in his own unique space. That's what people loved about him to begin with. Still, I think he's always got a couple of really great tracks on every release, which is more than can be said for many artists after this long.

Agree. This is why I still care when he comes out with new stuff. If he'd just musically fold in on himself like he seems to increasingly want to and just get weird with it, without trying to fit himself anachronistically into trends he obviously has no business being anywhere near, it could work out better

Clownbaby

Quote from: Dewt on January 18, 2020, 12:26:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpehZvLAGlo

I couldn't stop thinking about this when I first saw it. Then Eminem turned out to really love it which I thought was quite sweet. He's obviously very aware of how mad his voice can be, I 've always thought the voice is a big asset, ''stranger and stranger'' wasn't a criticism from me as such to be fair, it just seems to me that he's stuck what to put the most recent ''Eminem voice'' with, musically