Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:38:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Primavera 2020

Started by hummingofevil, January 18, 2020, 12:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Well, the inevitable is almost upon us. They've issued a statement on social media stating they haven't postponed/cancelled yet but they're taking the whole situation into consideration and blah blah which essentially means this thing won't be happening in June at the very least. Praying for a miracle here, especially since it's uncertain whether I'm going to get any money back from the accommodation and flights we have booked. What an awful situation the world is in right now.

phantom_power

Thankfully we hadn't booked flights yet and can cancel the accommodation for free until May but fucking gutted that this probably won't be happening. My wallet and mental state will thank me for it but that is small comfort at the moment. Thoughts and prayers

Blinder Data

Can I just say, as someone who was gutted about not being able to go to any music festivals this year because all of my friends decided to get married in 2020, I am DELIGHTED that this has been cancelled.

Pauline Walnuts

Delightful.

Has Glastonbury been cancelled yet?

hummingofevil

I strongly suspect  the organisers of Primavera will be the types to find any excuse not to refund us the ticket price. Fuck it, there are bigger problems in the world and I want to support things I love but it will be a "postponed" not cancelled thing going on here.

phantom_power

Why do you suspect that?

imitationleather

Because he's funny about Spaniards.

non capisco

Quote from: hummingofevil on March 18, 2020, 11:45:41 PM
I strongly suspect  the organisers of Primavera will be the types to find any excuse not to refund us the ticket price. Fuck it, there are bigger problems in the world and I want to support things I love but it will be a "postponed" not cancelled thing going on here.

You should be able to get a full refund from your bank to the card you used to buy the tickets with once the event hasn't happened on the scheduled dates. That worked for me when dodgy Barry cancelled ATP's Jabberwocky festival. That's if there's still banks on June 1st and we're not all running around in loincloths.

hummingofevil

So it's been "rearranged" until weekend Of 26th August and they admit they haven't got any confirmation from any of the acts. As predicted this just feels like a scam to avoid refunds. I'm down on flights now and not sure I fancy Barcelona in top of summer even if all this lockdown is over by then (which I predict it won't be).

alan nagsworth

It's a fucking joke mate. You read their "peace and love" public statement on the website about everyone coming together and having a big cuddle whilst also name-dropping all the sponsors? Staggering levels of thoughtless capitalism.

The logistical hell of trying to rearrange flights and accommodation when businesses are seriously suffering, the economy is taking a complete battering and Spain is one of the worst hit countries of the pandemic is completely unfeasible to so many people right now, especially those who have lost income or even entire employment.

At this point I'm so soured by their uncaring shitty attitude that they can honestly fuck off. I want my money back. Everyone asking for refunds on Instagram is receiving the same response saying they are "working on alternatives" for those unable to attend in August. Alternatives! Give the people their money you cunts.

Schnapple

Have you been to this festival before? I mean, it's great and everything, but despite the trendy line-up, it's become a much more ruthless and corporate operation in the past five years. The days of Gabi reaching out to fans to help curate it are long over. This response doesn't surprise me a jot.

phantom_power

Apparently they are suggesting people don't ask for refunds to help the out-of-pocket artists. Fuck that shit

non capisco

This has depressingly familiar overtones of when ATP went full dodgy. The press release is, as Nags says, a gobsmacking display of mountainous tone deaf bullshit. Guess I'll have to contact my bank and request a debit card refund when this doesn't happen in June rather than wait for these pricks to do the right thing, just as I did with Jabberwocky.

peanutbutter

It's just delaying the inevitable I imagine, and loads of festival types things will be like this. The situation has totally fucked them, they'll be going out of business and everyone is gonna be very pissed off with them.

hummingofevil

Id be less offended if they just said sorry the festival is cancelled and you not having your money back as we've spent a shit load of money already and it will bankrupt us. This nonsence that we should try to rebook flights or hotels and be even more hundred out of pocket is just pathetic.

For the record I had no insider information about my previous comments just a hunch that they were pricks. Shame as its a fucking brilliant festival.