Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:38:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cheaply made disaster movies on Sony Movies Action

Started by JesusAndYourBush, January 18, 2020, 01:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 04, 2021, 03:58:04 PM
(By the way Sony Movies Action was renamed Great! Movies Action some months ago.  Presumably Sony disowned it?)

Sony sold their UK TV channels to 'Narrative Capital' and their 'great' product naming team.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/sony-channels-uk-sold-narrative-1234972645/

JesusAndYourBush

Sharknado 2 just finished on the Horror Channel.  Lived up to all expectations - was utterly absurd and hilarious just as I was expecting.

Alberon

The Sharknados can be fun, but they are deliberately bad.

Also on the Horror channel me and Mrs Alberon stumbled across some absolute dross made twenty years ago called Nostradamus. The basic synopsis is an American cop investigating a series of murders ends up being transported back in time and becomes Nostradamus himself. At the end he's sporting some of the least convincing facial hair I've ever seen on the big or small screen.

Worth catching if they show it again.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Blumf on September 04, 2021, 07:36:14 PM
Sony sold their UK TV channels to 'Narrative Capital' and their 'great' product naming team.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/sony-channels-uk-sold-narrative-1234972645/
Ha. I wondered about the change but on my Virgin Media box it's impossible to read the logos and see what the channels are called.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 05, 2021, 02:16:44 AM
Ha. I wondered about the change but on my Virgin Media box it's impossible to read the logos and see what the channels are called.

Also the animation going into every break looks like a cartoon depiction of a pert breast.

JesusAndYourBush

On now, "Final Voyage" (2000). Terrorists attack a cruise ship. The ship might as well be called NakatomiMcNakatomiface as this is Die Hard on a boat, but they've got the pacing all wrong. Also, some laugh out loud moments because the editing is the worst I've ever seen.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on October 01, 2021, 08:12:53 PM
On now, "Final Voyage" (2000). Terrorists attack a cruise ship. The ship might as well be called NakatomiMcNakatomiface as this is Die Hard on a boat, but they've got the pacing all wrong. Also, some laugh out loud moments because the editing is the worst I've ever seen.
Why would you need to make a terrible action movie set on a cruise ship when you could just watch Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997)?

JesusAndYourBush

A Beauty & the Beast Christmas (2019) on Great Movies Christmas.
"A vivacious social media influencer fakes a Christmas romance with a viral bad boy to regain lost followers, but soon finds herself falling for him."

I quite like the bad films shown on these channels, but this was just awful.  I quit watching it after 3 to 4 minutes.

The last time I quit a film that quickly was "The Boss".  The opening scene had Melissa McCarthy goofing off like some 3rd rate Dawn French in scenes that should have been left on the cutting room floor.  She was so annoying I wanted to kick the screen in, but changed channel instead.

ElTwopo

Quote from: Alberon on September 04, 2021, 09:21:35 PM

Also on the Horror channel me and Mrs Alberon stumbled across some absolute dross made twenty years ago called Nostradamus. The basic synopsis is an American cop investigating a series of murders ends up being transported back in time and becomes Nostradamus himself. At the end he's sporting some of the least convincing facial hair I've ever seen on the big or small screen.

Worth catching if they show it again.

I haven't seen this but looked it up as I know there's a Nostradamus film starring Rutger Hauer (which is a different film, as it transpires). However, was interesting to note the main character in the one you saw is called Michael Nostrand, which is probably the biggest character-name-is-actually-a-spoiler since Angel Heart.

I might look out for it anyway, as it sounds bonkers.