Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

All the Star War Special Edition Changes

Started by Replies From View, January 18, 2020, 04:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

A timely thread about WHAT THEY DID DO to Star War when they rereleased the three films on VHS and Betamax Cinema in the summer of 1997.

- They did draw a face on one of the gorp monsters so it looked happy instead of sad

- They did change a sound on the Hammond Rifle so it no longer sounded like a Hammond Organ and instead it used a sample of Richard Hammond saying "good car Jeremy!"

- They did make the colour of a lightsaber go more red but in a different scene they kept it pink anyway, so I was like this:  *Why, facepalm* - I was like that, facepalming and going like that:  why

- They did make a monster fire a gun before a different monster fired their own gun, so it stopped being a fair fight of the previous one doing it the other way around which was a fairer fight

- They did add a scene with Gust Waiter serving way more loins than the average

- More tridents in the Zeus scene

- More songs in the singing scene

- More scenes to the point of there being loads

Replies From View

- They did add a tail to Rpenseethrough-O

- They did do recolourisation upon some rocks that straddle Gaifolt the Brave's path

- They did add new faraway and foregrounded robents to the Robent Headquarter's Scene

- When Darcel and Margrid commence "gripping", they now do so with solemn arms

Replies From View

- In the Quarantina scene more of those creatures were added that only eat sprouts

- where the hive of villainy goes up and meets the desert bit near bon jovy's house, it now has more bustle and there is a giant crab now being used as a missile

- teeth all swapped out and replaced with goofy ones

- all mentions of "the force" taken out

- everyone now constantly holds up a diagram showing how other events chime with what they are doing now

greenman

Mon Mothra sends a star destroyer crashing into the death star with a flap of her mighty wings.

-New bipedal mammal character "Chewbacca" digitally inserted into many scenes to appeal to younger demographic, replacing original 70s prop of a painted volleyball representing a "spice sphere" named "Chewy"

idunnosomename

jar jar gabor do a poo and all the other rebels like han and leia eat the poo

i love the poo give me more they say

mmm yeah they say with poo in their mouths

"more on the way" says jar jar gabor and lays a big stinky egg.

Glebe

They did add a saxophone to Jabba Hut's gob in the 'Jazzed-up Jedi!' sequence.

Glebe

Lando's body is now pure CGI, the head just bobs around on top.

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on January 19, 2020, 07:53:52 PM
Lando's body is now pure CGI, the head just bobs around on top.

Ah man that's so awesome

Some of the changes are for the better and that is indubitably one of them.

idunnosomename

everyone in attack of the clones is baby yoda, and also they curl out huge turds constantly

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 19, 2020, 11:42:52 PM
everyone in attack of the clones is baby yoda, and also they curl out huge turds constantly

Really, in the 1997 special editions?  Surprised they had the foresight to include baby yodas in the original special editions but it makes you appreciate how far ahead in advance they plan these multiple trilogy franchises.

To be honest I was lying just then:  I actually do remember of course George Lucas in 1965 saying that he wanted to include baby yodas in the original trilogy but nobody had the technology back then to create babies so all the concept art had to go in a fire :(

Glebe

Han submits his gun to Greedo to seem less like a psychopath.

JesusAndYourBush

Being serious for a moment... I saw one of the films when it was repeated on TV a year or two ago and the monster in the sarlac pit looked like Audrey 2 from Little Shop Of Horrors.  I laughed, it looked ridiculous.  It didn't always look like that did it?

Replies From View

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on January 20, 2020, 02:32:23 AM
Being serious for a moment... I saw one of the films when it was repeated on TV a year or two ago and the monster in the sarlac pit looked like Audrey 2 from Little Shop Of Horrors.  I laughed, it looked ridiculous.  It didn't always look like that did it?

It looks to me like a pistachio shell with its cock out, and why not.  They should have made the whole film like that and given Luke a CGI nut-with-penis allergy.

There's a bit in Ep IV where Luke accidentally says "Carrie!" to Leia after the battle of Yavin. That audio has been redubbed so he now exclaims "Princess Leia off of Star Wars!" instead.

greenman

Plus removing the tongue from their kiss in Empire Strikes Back.

Not my Incest Wars.

idunnosomename

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on January 20, 2020, 02:32:23 AM
the sarlacc's beak looks so 90s CG. Fuck it

On second thoughts the beak makes the sarlacc for difficult to fuck

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 20, 2020, 03:36:25 PM
the sarlacc's beak looks so 90s CG. Fuck it

On second thoughts the beak makes the sarlacc for difficult to fuck

More tempting I reckon.  It's the challenge we like innit fellas.

Glebe

Difficult, but not impossible as they say around these here parts.

idunnosomename

not sure if this is canon anymore. i had a book with the first one in. remember boba fett escaped from this. in the old times. before disney. somewhat indigestible.

Ferris

The thing about the sarlacc pit was that it would digest you over a thousand years but you'd be dead after 3 with no water so who gives a fig how inefficient some space monsters digestive system is? Your corpse wouldn't last a thousand years anyway, so what incredible powers of mummification does this pit have? Is it stuffed with quasi-mouldering ephemera from the last 1 to 999 years? How do they all know what years are (and why don't they say "millennium" given they fly around in a falcon with that as its first name), and what does the sarlacc get out of all this anyway?

Not been thought through. Disappointing.

idunnosomename

The line in the film is stupid but of course later stuff established that the sarlacc keeps its prey alive to feed on their lifeforce or something

Replies From View

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 21, 2020, 02:56:58 AM
The thing about the sarlacc pit was that it would digest you over a thousand years but you'd be dead after 3 with no water so who gives a fig how inefficient some space monsters digestive system is?

This was addressed in the blu-ray release when they added the line "it's really boring down there because there is no wi-fi signal".

JesusAndYourBush

Replies From View

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on January 21, 2020, 12:26:03 PM
This was addressed in the blu-ray release when they added the line "it's really boring down there because there is no wi-fi signal".

oh right fair play

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 21, 2020, 09:58:38 AM
The line in the film is stupid but of course later stuff established that the sarlacc keeps its prey alive to feed on their lifeforce or something

The line makes sense to explain how there is a massive immobile carnivore that lives in the middle of a barren, mostly lifeless desert. (ie an extremely slow metabolism)

Anyway, it's well known that Lucas originally had a line of dialogue where Luke says "You fall into that thing, and sooner or later you end up owing alimony!" The legend is that Harrison Ford convinced him to cut it.

idunnosomename

have you seen the alternate ending when all the giant Audrey IIs run riot in a sequence of awesome model shots though

https://youtu.be/7RjFvcw6ToQ?t=476

Glebe

There was a change where a CGI dinosaur was added to the bit where Darth Vader kills Obi-Wan.

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 22, 2020, 12:40:29 AM
have you seen the alternate ending when all the giant Audrey IIs run riot in a sequence of awesome model shots though

https://youtu.be/7RjFvcw6ToQ?t=476

Very odd, that.  One of the only times George Lucas couldn't decide on a specific creative choice, released both and said to viewers "you can pick the one you want".  Normally he's so controlling.