Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pillars of Eternity

Started by bgmnts, January 18, 2020, 07:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Is this one of the hardest games of the decade? I can barely get through fights with low level goons without getting my arse kicked half the time. I love the Obsidisn dialogue driven aspect of it but the actual combat is so awkward, maybe easier on PC with a mouse but good god i'm not having lots of fun here. Everything else is quite interesting though.

Anyone play this? What are your thoughts? Any handy tips?

Bazooka

I downloaded on Ps4 on sale, only got through the first but at the camp, yeah it's awkward on a controller for sure.  Too early in it to give a full opinion, but I'll also add everything is too bloody small,playing from a helicopter.

Quote from: bgmnts on January 18, 2020, 07:37:27 PM
Any handy tips?

On the PC version, you can change the difficulty settings during a game in progress. I assume it's the same on PS4. You might want to swallow your pride and bump it down to easy mode if you're chiefly interested in the story.

Personally, I didn't enjoy the game. Brown, bland and generic to a fault. Also overwritten - every character wants to give you a history lecture.

bgmnts

I WAS playing on easy!

But yeah felt the same way, spent my time skipping through dialogue, which I tend not to do. A big fat miss.

druss

Are you pausing a lot? If you imagine it's a turn based game and pause the shit out of every battle then you might have more luck.

And whilst that might not be to everyone's taste, it was designed to be played as such.