Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:21:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Laurence Fox - Another anti-woke grifter [split topic]

Started by jobotic, January 17, 2020, 04:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Look there's another one!

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1218151838656204801

He's got a tour too. And he's smoking on the poster!

Easy money this, isn't it?

JumpAction

Quote from: jobotic on January 17, 2020, 04:34:18 PM

I do wonder if it is just as easy as finding a niche and then banging on about how the left are shit. Like, if I'm Irish and I just say "I'm Irish and woke culture has gone wild in Ireland." will pragerU call me up the next day with a briefcase of cash that they try send by telephone.

Cuellar

Quote from: poodlefaker on December 31, 2019, 09:58:44 AM
I picked up a free copy of The Critic (a new magazine that looked interesting) from the foyer at work; turns out it's produced by Toby Young, and it's full of this shit. All the usual names: rich, old white media men whining about their victimhood, with nowhere to express their "unfashionable" views apart from in thick, glossy, expensively-published magazines bankrolled by their mates.

Wait I've just seen this post and I think my girlfriend picked up a copy of this for a friend of hers whose going into hospital tonight...Fuck I think I'm too late to chuck it in the bin

dissolute ocelot

Who the fuck is Laurence Fox? Is being related to Emilia Fox enough to get you on Question Time now?

JumpAction

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 17, 2020, 04:50:59 PM
Who the fuck is Laurence Fox? Is being related to Emilia Fox enough to get you on Question Time now?

I saw him on Goggle Box.

He comes from a dynasty of actors and I think he appeared in the TV series Lewis. I don't think he's still acting, though maybe I'm wrong...

idunnosomename

You lot are so stupid no wonder you keep losing! At arguing politics I mean! Wokeberry jam mmm keep eating it

Dennis Prager dm me and i will let you have my bank details

Dewt

Quote from: JumpAction on January 17, 2020, 04:46:44 PM
I do wonder if it is just as easy as finding a niche and then banging on about how the left are shit.
I think it's that plus knowing the right people so you get promoted/heard.

That video is just a room full of people laughing because somebody is venting their "political correctness gone mad" valve (ever make ham stock in a pressure cooker?). Any one of us could have written the script for this and they'd still herald it as comedy genius. The quality doesn't matter, it's just "genius" because it says the things they want to hear.

This is why Corbyn lost IMO. The country is PACKED with these people.

Edit: Wrong thread, I meant the Titaniainainia McGrath video in the other thread

JumpAction

Quote from: Dewt on January 17, 2020, 04:53:21 PM
I think it's that plus knowing the right people so you get promoted/heard.

That video is just a room full of people laughing because somebody is venting their "political correctness gone mad" valve (ever make ham stock in a pressure cooker?). Any one of us could have written the script for this and they'd still herald it as comedy genius. The quality doesn't matter, it's just "genius" because it says the things they want to hear.

This is why Corbyn lost IMO. The country is PACKED with these people.

I suppose to some degree there is an audience of people who have been disillusioned by the criticisms of privilege and examining cultural norms. Some folks would rather things stay the same (so that they, who are likely the ones being criticized don't have to feel bad about it).

Fucking hell that's James Fox's son!

JumpAction

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 17, 2020, 04:53:07 PM
You lot are so stupid no wonder you keep losing! At arguing politics I mean! Wokeberry jam mmm keep eating it

Dennis Prager dm me and i will let you have my bank details

Congratulations! Next stop is Dave Rubin and a branded jam jar that'll come free with a $200 subscription to your new show.

A bit of further research has brought up the fact that Laurence Fox is an 'anti-woke' political singer-songwriter. Oh yes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0NrIEt8rrw

Dewt

JumpAction

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on January 17, 2020, 05:03:05 PM
A bit of further research has brought up the fact that Laurence Fox is an 'anti-woke' political singer-songwriter. Oh yes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0NrIEt8rrw

I am actually going to put aside the lyrics because, yeah, okay...

But the guy has no melody in his voice. The music is really trying to get a melody going but Laurence is like "No fuck that. I'm going to sing one note."

He's no Robin Pecknold, that's for sure.

He's literally On Cinema Tim Heidecker, right down to the man bun

RicoMNKN

Laurence Fox follows Andrew Doyle and Ricky Gervais, as expected.

I remember him on the Ian Boldsworth Fubar show.  Came across as an weirdly angry little man, who was lost when Ian tried to discuss issues related to cancelling in a considered way.

JumpAction

... I got it!

Mumford & Sons but we talk about our traditional values, grass roots origins and conservative perspective. Make a right mint.

"Weep little lefty man, you're not as brave as Gervais was at the Gloooooobes."

jobotic

Drinking leftist tears is a bit 2014 isn't it?

Reckon I could sell him a fedora?

There's a clip of him on Lorraine Kelly's chat show wearing a Titania McGrath t-shirt. brain absolutely broken by the internet. at least his dad's brain was broken in a cool way, from prolonged exposure to Donald Cammell and Mick Jagger

ajsmith2

Fucking Ada. This is a new low in culture war artefactery. What pompous turgid toecheese wrenched from the stinkiest oubliette of Hell. Aren't they supposed to be the daring, outrageous ones? WHY would he make such a terrible song? Has music been debased to the point where even cultures supposed rebels and iconoclasts express themselves in the form of life-worsening whippet shit like this? Surely the culture of the righteous and daring is supposed to scare and challenge the liberal NPCs of the world like me, not bore them into a state of eternal nauseous inertia. That's not music, it's a thousand year long migraine.

jobotic

He should Mumford this up

QuoteJUST DON'T SAY YOU'RE ENGLISH
(Found beside company photocopier)

Goodbye to my England-So long my old friend
Your days are now numbered, being brought to an end
To be Scottish, Irish or Welsh, that's just fine
But don't say you're English, that's way out of line.

The French and the Germans may call themselves such,
As may Norwegians, the Swedes and the Dutch,
You can say you are Russian, or maybe a Dane.
But don't say you're English, ever again

At Broadcasting House that word is taboo
In Brussels they've scrapped it, in Parliament too,
Even schools are affected, staff do as they're told,
They mustn't teach children about the England of old

Writers like Shakespeare, Milton and Shaw
Do the pupils not learn about them anymore?
How about Agincourt, Hastings ,Arnhem or Mons
When England lost hosts of her very brave sons?

We are not Europeans how can we be?
Europe is miles away, over the sea,
We're the English from England, let's all be proud-
Stand up and be counted- shout it out loud!

Let's tell our government-and Brussels too-
Were proud of our heritage and the Red White and Blue.
Fly the flag of St. George or the Union Jack.
Let the world know- WE WANT OUR ENGLAND BACK!

idunnosomename

Anapestic tetrameter ("hack meter") doesnt work very well sung

Pink Gregory

I mean, Shakespeare is on most curriculums.  So yes, the pupils do learn about him.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Pink Gregory on January 17, 2020, 08:22:36 PM
I mean, Shakespeare is on most curriculums.  So yes, the pupils do learn about him.
also GBS was unarguably Irish (well unless you are rampantly imperialist i guess, but then hes still not english)

Quote from: jobotic on January 17, 2020, 08:38:40 PM

imagine the kind of mind you'd have to have to see that and think "damn this guy is so cool. now that i've seen this i know he's cool for sure. fuck this guy is awesome."

Egyptian Feast

The bit of face there looks a lot like a hippy I used to work with. Pretty sure it's not, but I wouldn't be particularly surprised.

Jollity

I thought he might have been the UK Eurovision entry in 2004, but looking it up, that was actually someone called James Fox. Not that James Fox, of course, but a different person. He came sixteenth.

Anyway, Laurence Fox was married to/had children with Billie Piper, and Wikipedia doesn't mention his political views, and only mentions his music very briefly.

Cuellar

Oh my god

Some cracking comments though I must say

QuoteThanks for showing the tobacco smoke in a respectful way and not hiding it, and that it's ok to even be near and touch a person that loves it and that loves people, too. Maybe, that's an odd thing to say, but I really appreciate it. As someone that has studied the history and use of tobacco, I've found it's commonly the first thing hated and attacked before a totalitarian purity movement kicks into gear. The song is beautiful along with its imagery of facing each other, taking each other's hands, singing together, man and woman. We have to form relationships, not fears, to walk through this world and get to a half decent end with any meaning and to make meaning along the way.

idunnosomename

Cunt from dynasty of actors railing against privilege as racism lol couldn't make it up. Well you could. But it would be fucking boring