Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,484
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:13:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Laurence Fox - Another anti-woke grifter [split topic]

Started by jobotic, January 17, 2020, 04:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: JamesTC on October 18, 2020, 03:18:36 PM
Who is actually calling him Britain's most hated man?

I'm simply calling him a cunt and leaving it at that.

JamesTC

Quote from: Buelligan on October 18, 2020, 04:07:11 PM
I'm simply calling him a cunt and leaving it at that.

Is he even Britain's most hated cunt?

Spiteface

Buelligan

Quote from: JamesTC on October 18, 2020, 04:11:29 PM

I don't know is the honest truth.  There's Jess Phillips to think about.  I won't go into the rest, it'll just ruin the rest of the day.  My point, without drawing too fine a point, is that there is a lot of competition in this area.  I can't truthfully say that Fox is a winner, even in this category.

Cold Meat Platter

He's no Mick Philpott but he is quite the cunt.

In with a chance at Britain's Biggest Wanker though.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: JamesTC on October 18, 2020, 04:11:29 PM

(checks roster of MPs with seats in the house of commons) Hmmmm, tricky one that.  I mean he's probs on the list, but that list runs to quite a few pages and seems to be exponentially increasing.  I'm not sure the Fail would want to use up that much space to print the whole lot.  On the other hand, how many of those MPs take a guitar with them whenever they have a TV interview...

Quote from: Spiteface on October 18, 2020, 04:15:20 PM
Cunts have depth & warmth.

He is quite gammony, so at the very least you could put your hands on his face to keep them warm.  Can't guarantee they won't be covered with angry sweat after though.

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 18, 2020, 04:29:49 PM
In with a chance at Britain's Biggest Wanker though.

Billy Big Cock might disagree, etc.

JamesTC

The thing is there are enough cunts in Britain who would think Laurence Fox isn't a cunt.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm a pretty crap judge of the next big thing, so am resigned to being proved wrong, but I still maintain he's really quite rubbish as a grifter, compared to other shitheel grifters.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 18, 2020, 04:35:27 PM
I'm a pretty crap judge of the next big thing, so am resigned to being proved wrong, but I still maintain he's really quite rubbish as a grifter, compared to other shitheel grifters.

I think some solace can be taken by the fact that there are probs a lot of people now who think he's just another Twatter celebrity and don't realise he's an "AC-TOR" from an established "AC-TING" dynasty.

Sebastian Cobb

Buelligan

You'll love it.  It even has a bit about frogs turning gay.

evilcommiedictator

Most hated? Got a big opinion of yourself there matey. Only the bravest get kicked out of their Sister's house for meals and family time

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 15, 2020, 08:30:21 PM
That was kind of my point though. Hopkins was able to be a really nasty hateful person for ages without any real action being taken; Fox has already got lawyers on his case for calling someone a nonce as part of his big hamfisted 'thought experiment' ahhh.

Yeah she literally called for boats full of refugees to be deliberately sunk in the pages of The Sun. I can't remember what it was that got her thrown out of the mainstream but it was not that.

sevendaughters

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on October 19, 2020, 12:03:17 PM
Yeah she literally called for boats full of refugees to be deliberately sunk in the pages of The Sun. I can't remember what it was that got her thrown out of the mainstream but it was not that.

wasn't it the ketamine / arrested in South Africa thing?

idunnosomename

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on October 19, 2020, 12:03:17 PM
I think the cockroaches thing lost her the Sun and proper mainstream stuff. unless you call RebelMedia mainstream.

Blue Jam

Wasn't it being sued by Jack Monroe? The Daily Mail refused to help her out with the legal costs and I think they dropped her around the time she lost the case.

Buelligan

Yep.  You can incite or invite horrific acts of evil and tragedy to be visited on literal swathes of humankind (including tiny babies and old women), not a bother.  Try calling someone with a bit of dosh or even just a white skin a nonce though, these days, they'll basically kill you.

idunnosomename

Its about the same time. She lost the case in March 2017, last column for Mail Online in October. There would have been some sort of an attempt to put together an appeal in that time

Sebastian Cobb

Weren't there some press complaints as well? I think the DM decided she was a liability.

Blue Jam

According to her Wikipedia page, after the Manchester Arena bombing she said something about needing "a new Final Solution". I think that's around the time LBC and the Mail dropped her. Even the Right generally draw the line at calling for a Holocaust.

George Oscar Bluth II

I've always thought about her that it was clearly a grift and she didn't believe any of it because if she did, she'd have been much more careful. She followed the incentives until she took it too far.

There's a number of columnists and commentators in UK politics who are almost certainly full fascists but they'd never openly say it and because of that, they have regular slots in The Times and get to come on the Sky News paper review and are not bankrupt.

Blue Jam

Plenty of journalists have interviewed Hopkins and reported that she was actually perfectly nice in person, nothing like her media persona. Also she's been publicly critical of the NHS when iirc she has a disabled daughter who has needed NHS treatment and Hopkins herself had major brain surgery for her epilepsy, again thanks to the NHS.

Laurence Fox definitely seems to be grifting but one big difference with him is that he doesn't get people going on about how nice he is in real life...

frajer

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 20, 2020, 12:24:03 PM
Laurence Fox definitely seems to be grifting but one big difference with him is that he doesn't get people going on about how nice he is in real life...

Can never grift over the truth completely, the facade never holds. It's why you can always smell con artists like him a mile off (plus this one actually stinks).

Shit Good Nose

EDIT - ignore, Blue Jam already covered it.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on October 20, 2020, 10:24:48 AM
I've always thought about her that it was clearly a grift and she didn't believe any of it because if she did, she'd have been much more careful. She followed the incentives until she took it too far.
That's the problem they generally come up against - it's a crowded market and there's always someone else coming up, maybe someone younger/edgier, so the drive is there to always push it further to create more clicks until eventually they go too far. That Milo plank did the same, to somewhat comic effect.

BritishHobo

I never get that thing with people like Hopkins or Clarkson, and journalists going 'oh they're lovely in real, she just says it for the publicity and the money!' As if calling migrants cockroaches in the press and saying they should be gunned down is okay if you're only doing it for money.

Kankurette

I'd say Jordan Pickford is probably more hated right now than Laurence Fox. Injure a large Dutchman in a football match and make him unable to play for a very long time, Lozza, then we'll talk.

Hopkins is a psychopath IMO. She always comes across as someone who genuinely does not understand human emotions and she has other traits like the classic thrillseeking behaviour (if she'd passed her army medical she'd be happily gunning down brown people).