Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,352
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:15:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Laurence Fox - Another anti-woke grifter [split topic]

Started by jobotic, January 17, 2020, 04:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 17, 2020, 12:10:46 PM
Loozza has been on Twitter today ranting that if They want to force him to have the Covid vaccine then They will have to send four police officers to hold him down. Cue a load of people replying with the David Brent "OOOOH, YOU'RE HARD" gif.

Just a personal message of thanks BJ for being the intrepid reporter in the field.  It is bringing me much joy but I don't think I could actually monitor his twitter without self-immolating.

frajer

Loozza has been on Twitter today ranting that if They want to force him to have the Covid vaccine then They will have to send four police officers to hold him down. Cue a load of people replying with the David Brent "OOOOH, YOU'RE HARD" gif.

Love the idea that if they only send 3 police officers, he will decimate them.

kngen

Quote from: frajer on November 17, 2020, 01:03:12 PM

Yeah, but he learned to 'defend himself with his fists' in the mean streets cloisters of Harrow, don't you know? As if he'd do anything other than fill his breeks then roll his sleeves up and help them find a vein if even just a community support officer spoke to him in a stern manner .... honestly, the layers of delusion are just piling up in that silly, stinky man's fetid mind.

SpiderChrist

This fantasy scenario I just thought of isn't particularly likely to happen but I'm going to wank on about it like a cunt anyway because I'm brave and hard and white men are the real victims and anti-fascists are the real fascists and there's no racism in England (well, none worth speaking of anyway).

oh fuck just make it stop. if ONE copper turned up at his house, he'd shit his fucking pants. he's one of those conservatives that insists on other people respecting the rule of law, but will piss and moan when it applies to (and mildly inconveniences) him.

cuntcuntcuntcuntcunt

Buelligan

Quote from: frajer on November 17, 2020, 01:03:12 PM

What if they're all these girl ones they have now?

Still, at least he's not a mad antimask antivaxxer.

frajer

Quote from: kngen on November 17, 2020, 01:18:20 PM
Yeah, but he learned to 'defend himself with his fists' in the mean streets cloisters of Harrow, don't you know? As if he'd do anything other than fill his breeks then roll his sleeves up and help them find a vein if even just a community support officer spoke to him in a stern manner .... honestly, the layers of delusion are just piling up in that silly, stinky man's fetid mind.

Mean Cloisters, 2021, dir. Guy Ritchie. Lozza not allowed to audition because he's simply "too real".

Dex Sawash

Blue Jam

Quote from: buttgammon on November 17, 2020, 12:45:28 PM
Sounds hilarious! Fingers crossed they film this when it happens.

Several people have already replied to the effect of "Is this being filmed?" and "When should I get the popcorn in?".

He really isn't very good at his is he?

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 17, 2020, 01:50:33 PM
Several people have already replied to the effect of "Is this being filmed?" and "When should I get the popcorn in?".

He really isn't very good at his is he?

For some reason it reminds me of the Bill Hicks gag

"My Dad could beat up your Dad"
"When?"

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: kngen on November 17, 2020, 01:18:20 PM
Yeah, but he learned to 'defend himself with his fists'

Yeah when i read that i thought wtf, not fighting, "defending himself with his fists", and not just defending himself with his fists, having to learn to defend himself with his fist. What a hero.

Can you imagine the telegraph writing that about a non-privileged kid.

jobotic

It's pathetic, so utterly laughable and undignified, and he knows it. But that's what he's prepared to be to get a reaction (which he's got).

I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a shit-smelling racist imbecile, but he is so I don't.

Zetetic

The other point I've seen noted regarding that tweet is:

People are already frequently subject to medical treatment against their will in the UK, not infrequently with the involvement of the police.

Sometimes many police. Sometimes the police kill people in the process.

What do the ethnicity stats look like for these things?

Sebastian Cobb

Would love to see him get battered by four policemen tbh.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Zetetic on November 17, 2020, 02:32:05 PM

People are already frequently subject to medical treatment against their will in the UK, not infrequently with the involvement of the police.

"Yes, but if you consider the variable that white people are the best, sanest, most civilised race, the discrepancy disappears." - Lawrence Fox

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Zetetic on November 17, 2020, 02:32:05 PM

Still a highly contentious area as far as community admissions for psychosis is involved.

Massive disparities between afro-carribean crisis admissions and white-british which would generally involve more forced injections if detaining under the MHA (sections 2 & 3).

Blue Jam

Also don't forget the women who have been forced to have episiotimies, symphysiotomies or caesarean sections against their will, or the way a lot of countries treat pregnant women as if their bodies are property of the state and that the state should be able to dictate their medical care.

See also: the murky history of the contraceptive pill, and its initial testing on psychiatric patients, female medical students who were threatened with expulsion if they didn't take it, and other unwitting test subjects, mostly women of colour. Not to mention Henrietta Lacks and other patients of the "Colored Ward" of Johns Hopkins who had tumour samples taken and used for cell culture research without their consent.

Oh yes, and large-scale medical research on human subjects in North Korea. Really managed to cheer myself up reading about that a few months ago.

I suppose none of that matters if you're a member of the world's most oppressed demographic, wealthy posh male white luvvies.

Blue Jam

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on November 17, 2020, 12:52:12 PM
Just a personal message of thanks BJ for being the intrepid reporter in the field.  It is bringing me much joy but I don't think I could actually monitor his twitter without self-immolating.

I actually read about this latest Keyboard Commando outburst via a tweet from Ariane Sherine. I was fine with reading the replies to the original tweet though and being reassured that most people think Loozza is a bit of a wally.

Zetetic

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 17, 2020, 03:28:41 PM
Not to mention Henrietta Lacks and other patients of the "Colored Ward" of Johns Hopkins who had tumour samples taken and used for cell culture research without their consent.

Oh yes, and large-scale medical research on human subjects in North Korea. Really managed to cheer myself up reading about that a few months ago.

I suppose none of that matters if you're a member of the world's most oppressed demographic, wealthy posh male white luvvies.
In fairness, I don't really think Lozza's in a position to do much about those.

(Edit: In contrast, I mean, to the sorts of conditions here and now in the UK that led to the murder of Seni Lewis by the Metropolitan Police just over a decade ago, which are eminently changeable in the face of sufficient public attention and disgust.)

Blue Jam

Yes, but people do often criticise left-leaning activists for supposedly acting on relatively minor issues while ignoring more serious ones so what the hell. Banging on about forced vaccination (which, let's be real, just isn't going to happen) seems a bit mad. A bit like people obsessing about pronouns and toilets and Sainsbury's marking Black History Month when there's a pandemic on and Trump wants to nuke Iran.

Really I'm just surprised to see people still doing the whole Keyboard Warrior thing in 2020.

Buelligan

Blue Jam

Is it just me who never experiences these supposed glitches or even knows what they're supposed to be?

jobotic

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 17, 2020, 06:50:51 PM
Is it just me who never experiences these supposed glitches or even knows what they're supposed to be?

Nope I have no idea either.

Buelligan

I think it may have been explained before but if one has notifications of new posts showing, so threads with new posts that you haven't yet read have a little orange label next to them saying NEW, that you can click on and zoom directly to the new posts, if one has that, which, I think, most people do and the last poster in a thread edits their post more than ten minutes after they originally posted it, you can read that post as much as you fucking like but it will continue to shout NEW, NEW, NEW, at you, every single fucking time you view the board until someone posts something genuinely new beneath it.  Savvy?

Menu

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 17, 2020, 11:00:36 AM
It wasn't Guido Fawkes I was thinking of, it was Tory MP Gavin Barwell. Is the Guido Fawkes thing actually real? If so that's even better.

Definitely true. It was fun to watch it unravel. But less fun to see he faced no real long-term consequences. Everyone just seemed to agree to ignore it. Which is not something he would do for a politician in the same situation. I hate this country.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on November 17, 2020, 07:00:39 PM
I think it may have been explained before but if one has notifications of new posts showing, so threads with new posts that you haven't yet read have a little orange label next to them saying NEW, that you can click on and zoom directly to the new posts, if one has that, which, I think, most people do and the last poster in a thread edits their post more than ten minutes after they originally posted it, you can read that post as much as you fucking like but it will continue to shout NEW, NEW, NEW, at you, every single fucking time you view the board until someone posts something genuinely new beneath it.  Savvy?

Sshh! Or everyone will want a glitch, and then what sort of glitch clique would that be?

Buelligan

Heheh, I am not even going to let you wait ten minutes to edit old chum.

jobotic

Quote from: Buelligan on November 17, 2020, 07:00:39 PM

Oh thank you. I never pay any attention to the labels or really notice them so that'll be why I didn't get it. Thanks.

Sebastian Cobb

Christmas outrage just seems to get earlier each year!

I imagine the fact that The Pogues are on the right side of this argument is going to boil a lot of reactionary piss.