Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:10:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Laurence Fox - Another anti-woke grifter [split topic]

Started by jobotic, January 17, 2020, 04:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajer

idunnosomename

WE SHALL SING YOU CHEAP LOUSY FAGGOT ON THE BEACHES THIS CHRISTMAS. WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER

Blue Jam

Quote from: RicoMNKN on November 19, 2020, 12:30:49 PM
Their next retweet amused.
https://twitter.com/poguesofficial/status/1329394157354446850

I discovered The Pogues have launched their own brand of Irish whiskey to other day:

https://www.thepoguesirishwhiskey.com

Saw this in Saino's. It doesn't show up in the pic there but the red bottle is nice and sparkly.

Anyway, that tweet is beautiful.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: RicoMNKN on November 19, 2020, 12:30:49 PM
Their next retweet amused.
https://twitter.com/poguesofficial/status/1329394157354446850
I know this has centrist dad energy, but I'm thinking of getting the screenshot I took of that made into Christmas cards. And I've never sent Christmas cards before.

jobotic

He's asking for links to the proper version.

I don't know what he wants to do with them.

Can't he just do a cover version? It's sure to be a smash hit.

"Let's all buy the real version so the BBC are forced to play it" says man with childlike understanding of how broadcasting works.

Sebastian Cobb

Looking at the actual article - this is only for Radio 1 anyway, I imagine the airplay of any version of that song is going to be minimal, and all the angry boomers can listen to it on Radio 2 anyway with 6 taking a policy of 'let the dj's choose which version they want to play'. It's quite probably the article was put out just to make angry uncles howl about the culture wars.

It is great that Fox fell into the trap and got called a prick by some proper musicians though.

jobotic

holyzombiejesus

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: jobotic on November 19, 2020, 03:05:43 PM
Don't we have this bollocks every year anyway?

Probably, but we've got to do something to fill the time before winterval gets announced.

Christ, it's so tiresome. Cunts bleating on "disgusting that you can hear black rappers swearing all day long on Radio 1, but us whites get censored" bullshit. Just want the fucking internet in the bin.

Kankurette

Good on the Pogues. As if that washed-up sparrow fart likes them anyway.

Ferris

Quote from: Kankurette on November 19, 2020, 03:47:15 PM
Good on the Pogues. As if that washed-up sparrow fart likes them anyway.

For someone so thoroughly washed up, Loz looks an absolute state. Curious.

Kankurette

Quote from: jobotic on November 19, 2020, 03:05:43 PM
Don't we have this bollocks every year anyway?
Yes, the Faggotcourse is up there with 'Muslims are banning Christmas'. There were loads of complaints about Gavin & Stacey last year because of it. The Pogues must be bloody sick of it. And they've sung more offensive songs anyway. The Sickbed of Cu Chulainn has 'Paks' and 'yids' in it, for instance.

madhair60

Was it someone here who offered "you scumbag, you maggot, you've taped over Taggart"?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Blue Jam

Another one that comes up every year is people arguing about whether or not Baby It's Cold Outside is rapey (for the line "Say, what's in this drink?" and the fact that the male and female vocal parts were written as "Wolf" and "Mouse" respectively). I used to see a lot of this on Reddit, along with people sneering at hip hop and Rap as overrated and not proper music. Bunch of fucking squares... Just one of many reasons why I deleted my account after a year.

The video for the Tom Jones and Cery Matthews version is a bit rapey, aye:

https://youtu.be/E7bPhZEDVns

chveik

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 19, 2020, 04:50:55 PM
I used to see a lot of this on Reddit, along with people sneering at hip hop and Rap as overrated and not proper music. Bunch of fucking squares... Just one of many reasons why I deleted my account after a year.

r/boomer

SpiderChrist

Didn't Cerys admit to banging Jones during the recording of the tune, or is it just my filthy dirty disgusting mind making things up again?

Buelligan

Chollis

Quote from: madhair60 on November 19, 2020, 04:36:37 PM
Was it someone here who offered "you scumbag, you maggot, you've taped over Taggart"?

forgot about that. superb

dissolute ocelot

This desire of gammons to shout f*gg*t makes me wish there were more insulting terms for heterosexuals. You can call TERFs "cis" and they cry big tears, and call Laurence Fox honky, whitey, cracker, gweilo, gringo, goy, and more. But "breeder" isn't nasty enough, especially as they're one of my favourite bands.

Dex Sawash

Guy who worked next to me was mad at Walmart for a decade because they sold him a Dire Straits (Straights?) CD that had the F-slur edited. Dunno where he got the shotgun shell he ended it all with, Walmart drove out the hardware store.