Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,370
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:33:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Laurence Fox - Another anti-woke grifter [split topic]

Started by jobotic, January 17, 2020, 04:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Kankurette on April 07, 2021, 01:28:42 PM
To be fair, I'd be scared of him. I don't think it's classist to be frightened of a man who abused his wife and had gangland connections.

Exactly, someone who carried round a severed thumb and was rumoured to run protection rackets would scare anyone.

boki

jobotic

Quote from: Jumblegraws on April 07, 2021, 03:51:32 PM
Article about it here https://bylinetimes.com/2020/11/20/behind-laurence-foxs-reclaim-party-the-latest-in-politainment/

Good reason to hate Crystal Palace then.

Quote from: Kankurette on April 07, 2021, 03:42:59 PM
Oh yeah, he's got backers. He is NOT doing this off his own back. I wish I could remember who it was who wrote that series of tweets about him and the people behind him. It's not the Koch brothers but it is someone similar.

The Koch(s) fund Brendan O'Niell and Spiked.

niat

Quote from: jobotic on April 09, 2021, 01:16:30 PM
Good reason to hate Crystal Palace then.

He's only got a 5% stake in Palace, so you can dial back your hatred to 5%.

jobotic

Will do. I'm not really bothered about them anyway. 95% not bothered now.

Bently Sheds

Quote from: Kankurette on April 07, 2021, 03:42:59 PM
Oh yeah, he's got backers. He is NOT doing this off his own back. I wish I could remember who it was who wrote that series of tweets about him and the people behind him. It's not the Koch brothers but it is someone similar.
https://twitter.com/politicworm/status/1310953494799626240?s=19

Buelligan

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike Claire Fox?  I do really dislike her.  Vile.

touchingcloth

I keep seeing this thread title, and wondering who the original anti-woke grifters were. Is it a common grift?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 10, 2021, 09:55:16 AM
I keep seeing this thread title, and wondering who the original anti-woke grifters were. Is it a common grift?
I think it was Andrew Lawrence or Andrew Doyle. Possibly Prince Andrew. Seemed to be a lot of threads about all of them.

Buelligan

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 10, 2021, 09:55:16 AM

Jumblegraws

I like the matryoshka doll effect you've got going on with the top row

Buelligan

Heheh, thanks, it wasn't accidental.  I know, but one must seek ones pleasures where one can.

Says something about Claire Fox though, doesn't it?  Out of all those monsters[nb]obviously not an exhaustive list but one can have enough of a good thing[/nb], she manages to look the most chilling by a country mile.  Fair fucks to the cunt.

touchingcloth

Which one is she?

I know: top left; top right (Rod Liddle?); all of the second row; all of the last row.

All of the rest may as well be random Facebook pics to me, unless middle of second-to-last row is Kelvin McKenzie.

Buelligan

She's the one that looks like she'd sell your children on the dark net for a laugh.

Garry Bushell, Claire Fox, Rod Liddle
Katie Hopkins, Nigel Farage, Andrew Neil
Julie Burchill, Kelvin McKenzie, Julia Hartley-Brewer
Alan Sugar, Piers Morgan, Alexander de Pfeffel Johnson.

I don't know why I'm telling you this, you are far better off not knowing.

touchingcloth

Claire and the Julies I don't even recognise by name. I'm not minded to search for them, but at least I know them by sight now, like a corner ship's rogues' gallery of petty thieves.

mobias

Out of all those people Gary Bushell and Kelvin McKenzie are definitely two of the original anti woke grifters. So many of the rest I would describe as being part of the 'new wave' of anti woke grifters who have really come of age in recent years via Twitter.

Has Gary Bushell mellowed with age? His right wing stock doesn't appear to be very high and he's not someone you hear much about these days. A quick glance at his twitter page and its mostly album reviews.

Buelligan

Heheh.  I was thinking about it, if you go back far enough, all of this was anti woke grifters, far as they eye could see.  All we got left is statues.  :(

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 10, 2021, 02:31:32 PM
Claire and the Julies I don't even recognise by name. I'm not minded to search for them, but at least I know them by sight now, like a corner ship's rogues' gallery of petty thieves.

A little bonne bouche to whet your appetite - not even the foothills, matey - https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1371748576108408835

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Buelligan on April 10, 2021, 01:37:42 PM
Heheh, thanks, it wasn't accidental.  I know, but one must seek ones pleasures where one can.

Says something about Claire Fox though, doesn't it?  Out of all those monsters[nb]obviously not an exhaustive list but one can have enough of a good thing[/nb], she manages to look the most chilling by a country mile.  Fair fucks to the cunt.

Wot? No Tony Parsehole?

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Buelligan on April 09, 2021, 04:49:58 PM
Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike Claire Fox?  I do really dislike her.  Vile.

She's a hell of a case, elevated to the House of Lords and still no-one has explained how or why or who was ultimately responsible. There for life now anyway, voting on our laws. Great.

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: Buelligan on April 10, 2021, 01:24:47 PM

Wasted ages trying to conjure a pithy comment either for or against the Phwoooar thread, I dunno. Do your own - if it's funny, I'll take credit.

George Oscar Bluth II

Nige is actually the healthiest and most normal looking of that crew isn't he. Fucking hell.

jobotic

Fox is in the Lords because she loves Brexit. That's it.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Buelligan on April 10, 2021, 02:24:33 PM
She's the one that looks like she'd sell your children on the dark net for a laugh.

Garry Bushell, Claire Fox, Rod Liddle
Katie Hopkins, Nigel Farage, Andrew Neil
Julie Burchill, Kelvin McKenzie, Julia Hartley-Brewer
Alan Sugar, Piers Morgan, Alexander de Pfeffel Johnson.

JFK! BLOWN AWAY! WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!

Pink Gregory

WE DIDN'T BOIL THE GAMMON

IT WAS ALWAYS PINKING SINCE THE WOKES WERE THINKING

Golden E. Pump

Wait, that's Claire Fox? I thought it was a melted waxwork of Oberleutnant Hubert Gruber.

Blue Jam

I remember when Garry Bushell was trying to get elected London Mayor with his Free Are Engerland party or whatever and I got a flyer through my door with some manifesto pledges, including one to make St. George's Day a national holiday, "like St. David's Day is in Wales".

I just read that and thought "Er, I'm Welsh mate. And it isn't."

pigamus

Still no idea who Claire Fox is, I thought she was in Silent Witness