Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 08:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Laurence Fox - Another anti-woke grifter [split topic]

Started by jobotic, January 17, 2020, 04:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: sevendaughters on January 19, 2020, 02:11:16 PM
I'd never even heard of Lawrence Fox a week ago and I've heard of him every single day since, as he realised he could make notoriety and a cult audience by getting on the anti-woke grift.

Or, looking at it another way, he was asked wot he reckoned about some things, said wot he reckoned, and in doing so became daily clickbait for the sort of 'news' outlets eager to stoke division and outrage on the basis that someone who was once in Foyle's War has said things that most normal people regard as bleeding obvious.

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 19, 2020, 02:21:28 PM
Imagine a prominent ESS JAY DOUBLE-U figure saying she dumped her boyfriend becauee he enioyed an advert with an anti-feminist message. She'd be mocked to fuck.

This is so common it's virtually de rigueur: https://www.whatsyourprice.com/blog/top-breakup-reasons-of-2016/

QuoteWomen
Political differences – 35%
Bad sex – 24%
Finances – 13%
Jealousy – 10%
Mistrust – 6%

jobotic

idunnosomename

it doesnt look good for the original cover of Severed Survival, by illustrator Kent Mathieu who also did Exhorder - Slaughter in the Vatican and Possessed - The Eyes of Horror

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: jobotic on January 19, 2020, 08:52:07 PM
Oh you bored of hearing about racism too?

Well it's a bit of an old hornet's nest, but the word seems to be misapplied quite a bit, sometimes 'weaponised' for political purposes, leading to confusion, resentment and anger on all sides, which is rotten.

White privilege is a difficult concept for England because surely a well-mannered well-spoken Punjabi Sikh would be more welcome in the average English home than a surly white Russian who can hardly speak the language? I don't have any data on this, alas.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on January 19, 2020, 11:18:44 PM
Well it's a bit of an old hornet's nest, but the word seems to be misapplied quite a bit, sometimes 'weaponised' for political purposes, leading to confusion, resentment and anger on all sides, which is rotten.

White privilege is a difficult concept for England because surely a well-mannered well-spoken Punjabi Sikh would be more welcome in the average English home than a surly white Russian who can hardly speak the language? I don't have any data on this, alas.

What in the absolute fuck

Autopsy Turvey

It's probable that I don't understand, nobody's ever explained it very well.

dam this guy is edgy as fuck!

Is there anything he won't say?!

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on January 19, 2020, 11:28:22 PM
It's probable that I don't understand, nobody's ever explained it very well.

Oh dearie me, it's not been explained properly.
Let's play THICK OR DISINGENUOUS.

idunnosomename

hopefully this massively unfunny cunt will never work again in mainstream media and need to suck shit out of the wizzened teat of whereever james delingpole gets his bellyful of daily faeces from

Famous Mortimer

I see a few people have mentioned to him what potatoes are.

idunnosomename

so wait. anti-woke warrior. in his tight jeans and stupid shoes. with his shrink-wrapped carrots from waitrose which he isnt eating but he is taking a picture of

he is fucking murdering himself

chveik

lankyguy95

Yeah we definitely needed another thread to whine about people we disagree with on fucking Twitter.

the bad song and the 'edgy' tweet are funny culture war relics, worth riffing on. don't worry, this thread will slide down the board within a day or so. sorry that this has been hard on you, will try to be more considerate next time

lankyguy95

Good good. I'll just wait for thread three of Graham Linehan's Twitter diary, then Andrew Doyle's new Titania McGrath book, before feasting into an exciting new discussion on fucking Jarvis Dupont.

1. The Titania McGrath book is an actual honest-to-god 'satirical comedy book' and therefore worth a bit of discussion in Comedy Chat. Especially in a forum dedicated to the work of a great English political satirist.

2. You are aware that there are other threads right? If you're not interested in these, then... you don't have to read them or participate in them.

Barry Admin

Quote from: lankyguy95 on January 19, 2020, 11:55:14 PM
Yeah we definitely needed another thread to whine about people we disagree with on fucking Twitter.

Yeah we definitely needed another thread shitted up by a fucking back-seat moderator.

You could instead spend the energy starting the sort of thread you want to see.

lankyguy95

I can't even be bothered to get in an argument.

Continue with your discussion about the Twitter account of the sidekick from Lewis. Sorry for shitting it up.

No no, we're perfectly happy to totally halt this very serious and involved discussion if it would make you feel better

search 'Ricky Gervais Laurence Fox' on twitter if you want to experience brain death. the two guys who broke the dam of woke, according to many. along with the front page coverage this is getting in the papers, this is one of the emptiest and most manufactured 'culture war' moments of the Brexit era

bgmnts

Seriously who is this man?

Why are all these lads utter nobodies?

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: bgmnts on January 20, 2020, 02:10:49 AM
Seriously who is this man?

He was in Foyle's War once.

QuoteWhy are all these lads utter nobodies?

Poss cos you can't lose a career you haven't got.

Bronzy

BritishHobo

Quote from: lankyguy95 on January 20, 2020, 12:32:33 AM
I can't even be bothered to get in an argument.

Continue with your discussion about the Twitter account of the sidekick from Lewis. Sorry for shitting it up.

To be fair if he's in a position of authority solving crimes I think it's only right there's some oversight about his personal opinions.

Quote from: sevendaughters on January 19, 2020, 02:31:02 PM
cunt has an album of anti-woke Mumford shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0NrIEt8rrw

They have put something in the water
They seek a cure for the conversation
They stole a march on your indecision

And the first to fall is laughter
Just to quell the unoffended
They seek to murder your opinion

And the light has been turned down on the age of reason
Replaced by blinding fires that burn wild across the region
For the wrong to rule
The good must just stand idly by

Why d'you always say what's on your mind?
Because we want to! Because we want to!

jobotic

Enough of this, let's talk about more edgy American millionaire shock jocks.