Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:06:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy you love but begrudgingly recognise is starting to date

Started by TheMonk, January 20, 2020, 09:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 24, 2020, 02:14:56 PM
We can't be friends any more :'-(

( "Joan Crawford " aside, the majority of Derek and Clive's stuff was unfunny, foul mouthed rubbish. The film version of "Get The Horn" is something of a career nadir for both)
The Whales' National Anthem is worth the licence fee alone.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Jumblegraws on January 24, 2020, 03:10:36 PM
The Whales' National Anthem is worth the licence fee alone.

Features Dudley Moore rhyming " plankton" with " wanked on", so  yeah, that gets a pass  too.

chveik

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 24, 2020, 02:14:56 PM
We can't be friends any more :'-(

( "Joan Crawford " aside, the majority of Derek and Clive's stuff was unfunny, foul mouthed rubbish. The film version of "Get The Horn" is something of a career nadir for both)

fine, I'll let that slide

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Alternative Carpark on January 24, 2020, 02:50:29 PM
That would have been known then as well though, unless you mean that as a kid in the 80s you wouldn't have been aware of any of that.

...Yeah, now that you say it, that's definitely a factor. I still like it and most of the comedy holds up but there's still that awareness that it's Comedy World War II where nothing horrible is happening in Poland. That said, there are a couple of "Jewish tailor" jokes in Series 1 that ohhhhhhhh no. They don't go there ever again, they must've realised you can't have Comedy Nazis and remind people of what was really going on.

I saw bits and pieces of Series 1 and 2 as a kid but only saw it all the way through in the last couple of years when Yesterday started showing it from the beginning. And they used to put The World At War on right afterwards just to remind you that you were a monster for laughing XD