Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:28:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dave Chappelle - 5 dates at the Leicester Square Theatre

Started by Swoz_MK, January 21, 2020, 01:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoz_MK

Tickets on sale Friday Jan 24th at 10am

(Affiliate link removed)

Won't have much room to do that walk off and pretend to laugh thing

up_the_hampipe

Timothy

Anyone seen his last show live?
I sorta want to buy tickets but last time he was here in Holland I read he only played for like an hour and had a support act that played 30 minutes with two huge breaks in between.
80 euros is a lot of money for an hour.

madhair60

£100+ to watch a past-it simpleton screech about woke culture killing comedy

dr_christian_troy

Is there any comedian you would pay over £100 to see live?

madhair60

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: madhair60 on January 23, 2020, 01:38:09 PM
Brian Conley

Only if it included a meet and greet afterwards where I could ask him if he was the person behind the Fucking Cunt / Awkward Bastard song.

Swoz_MK

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on January 23, 2020, 01:41:41 PM
Only if it included a meet and greet afterwards where I could ask him if he was the person behind the Fucking Cunt / Awkward Bastard song.

God I haven't heard that in years. Tony Hawks weren't it?

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Swoz_MK on January 23, 2020, 05:06:22 PM
God I haven't heard that in years. Tony Hawks weren't it?

Certainly one of the contenders although I'm not sure it was ever confirmed. I remember Conley, Hawks, Robert Llewellyn were all possibilities, amongst others.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on January 23, 2020, 05:32:54 PM
Certainly one of the contenders although I'm not sure it was ever confirmed. I remember Conley, Hawks, Robert Llewellyn were all possibilities, amongst others.

Here's the thread in question: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,18902.msg1355080.html#msg1355080

With the partial reveal being "Russell Bell of Dramatis/Gary Numan fame upon being asked about Up Yaws a few minutes ago - "I believe I may have been involved in that particular opus." - but we never got the full story.

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on January 23, 2020, 01:37:11 PM
Is there any comedian you would pay over £100 to see live?

I'm notoriously cheap and wouldn't pay over £40 for anyone (which is why I didn't get to see Rachel Bloom when she came over to the UK last year, despite adoring her), though I guess if Maria Bamford announced she was doing one last, final ever gig and then would never return to the country (and could somehow prove this) then I might think about it. It would have to be an intimate, small-ish venue too (say no bigger than the Leicester Square Theatre), I wouldn't pay that amount for an o2 kind of gig.

Non Stop Dancer

Paid about £220 for two Seinfeld tickets at the Apollo last year. Can't say it felt like great value tbh, especially as we were sat miles back.

SteveDave

Red lightbulbs, rotisserie chicken and champagne aren't cheap.

Went to the Monday night show, a very diverse crowd (including celebrity tramp-biter Alan Davies). There were two support acts, DJ Cipha Sounds and Ashley Barnhill plus DC's own on-stage DJ who tried, mostly unsuccessfully, to get a party vibe going before DC appeared.

It was pretty surreal seeing such a big name comic in a small venue - I only really know Chappelle from his more recent Netflix specials. He went straight into some trans material but then diversified into a fairly rambling set, happily interacting with the audience and opining on Brexit and the Democratic primary. He was on stage for at least an hour and it was hard to shake the feeling of being in the presence of genuine, if slightly troubled, genius.