Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:11:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Start a new thread. This is about Comedy Central Roasts. Or jokes which don't wo

Started by gilbertharding, January 21, 2020, 02:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

There's a trailer on constant rotation on Dave for a show on a channel I can't receive. And on the basis of the jokes in the trailer, I wouldn't watch even if I could.

It's for Comedy Roasts. It has a series of clips of some comedians and Jimmy Carr making jokes about people who it's not clear who they are. Jimmy Carr (for instance) says 'Good we've got so many women on the show this evening, because that means we've saved money.' Then there's a clip of Sarah Pascoe (?) laughing, so you know it's supposed to be funny.

The joke which really makes me peeved is the one where Ivo Graham* says to someone from Made In Chelsea (this is definitely right) "You're like gluten: virtually no-one can tolerate you, but you're in EVERYTHING."

This is completely wrong on almost every level. Most people can, in fact, tolerate gluten. Gluten is not in any sense 'in everything'. Neither is Johnny Chelsea, as I can confirm I have literally never watched a tv programme in which he has appeared.

Do you have anything to add about Comedy Central Roasts? Would you like to share jokes made by professional comedians which don't stand up to a moment's scrutiny?

* What a shock! Eton and Oxford!! Fuck my hat. Better leave him alone - or be accused of racism.

JesusAndYourBush

There was a channel a few years ago which I don't have now (or maybe I do but they just stopped showing comedy roasts) which showed a comedy roast almost every night but it was LITERALLY the same two episodes on constant rotation (Justin Bieber, Donald Trump).  Every time I checked or looked in the guide it was one of those two episodes.

Utter Shit

Obligatory mention of the Norm McDonald roast of Bob Saget. It's just perfect.