Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:50:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This Country Series 3

Started by Malcy, January 21, 2020, 08:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

The whole 3rd series will be going up on the iPlayer at 7pm on Monday 7th of February.

chveik

Pseudopath

Didn't realise it was the final series. Gutted.

SteK

This could have been my type of comedy but for me it didn't fit, maybe I should revisit...

Utter Shit

It's fantastic! Brilliant performances across the board and isn't really like anything else around nowadays. I suppose the obvious comparison is The Office because of the documentary setup, but it's such a different scenario that that comparison doesn't really hold up.

Pink Gregory

Happy that they've decided on a three and done.  Don't want it hanging around their necks for the future.

Blue Jam

"The third and final season"

Bit gutted but three is a good number and when the likes of Fleabag and Grandma's House end early it feels right.

I hope this means the Coopers will be very involved with the US remake and it'll be good then! I actually have high hopes for it.

I need to rewatch it but my memory of series two was a Phoenix Nights-style dropoff in quality as they ramped up the broadness. Like Kerry shitting in the tent. And I'm usually fine with suspending my disbelief, but Kerry going to jail for her Dad while the mockumentary crew had his coercion on camera was a bit much. Hopefully there'll be less of that and more subtle stuff like Kurtan working at the bowls club this series.

Alberon

That last bit was series 1, wasn't it?

I remember because of the superb 'court sketch' that appears when the show came back.

chveik

Quote from: Alberon on January 22, 2020, 11:27:27 PM
I remember because of the superb %u2018court sketch%u2019 that appears in the first episode of the next series.

it was in the special

pigamus

Blimey, just clicked on iPlayer and some of them have got "4 minutes left to watch" and whatnot, feels like years ago I watched them

iPlayer never forgets, it's unsettling

ian01604

Quote from: pigamus on January 22, 2020, 11:43:00 PM
Blimey, just clicked on iPlayer and some of them have got "4 minutes left to watch" and whatnot, feels like years ago I watched them

iPlayer never forgets, it's unsettling
it did something similar to me for one of the indiana jones films from the week it was on iplayer at christmas 2018 when I watched again christmas 2019.

Didnt Kerry not go to jail in the end because of the film crew? Wonder how they'll deal with Sluggs dying bless him.

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on January 22, 2020, 09:59:05 PM
I need to rewatch it but my memory of series two was a Phoenix Nights-style dropoff in quality as they ramped up the broadness. Like Kerry shitting in the tent. And I'm usually fine with suspending my disbelief, but Kerry going to jail for her Dad while the mockumentary crew had his coercion on camera was a bit much. Hopefully there'll be less of that and more subtle stuff like Kurtan working at the bowls club this series.

Kerry didn't go to jail, though. We see her go to the police station, seemingly to confess, but in the special it's revealed that Martin was sent down for six years and Kerry ends up doing community service.

Blue Jam

I forgot it was six years. I hope Martin Mucklowe is in series 3 somehow. Hopefully he's been sharing a cell with Uncle Nugget and has more stories of his legendary antics.

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 27, 2020, 03:47:05 PM
Kerry didn't go to jail, though. We see her go to the police station, seemingly to confess, but in the special it's revealed that Martin was sent down for six years and Kerry ends up doing community service.

Ah, fair enough - I've obviously misremembered it. The whole thing still didn't really make sense to me even though I'm usually willing to shrug off the characters-completely-forgetting-everything-they-do-is-being-filmed thing in mockumentaries.

Puce Moment

Fantastic news - thanks for the head's up.

Bobtoo

It was two years, wasn't it? He should be out by now.

holyzombiejesus

Can someone clarify the date for the new series please?

Tony Tony Tony

holyzombiejesus

Ah, thanks. Was hoping it may be tonight but not too long to wait now.

Utter Shit

Malcy lied to us, the awful shit.

Malcy

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 04, 2020, 10:44:41 AM
Malcy lied to us, the awful shit.

The British Comedy Guide lied to me, the equally awful shits.

I hadn't noticed their article was missing a 1.

Blue Jam

This is delightful:

https://www.stylist.co.uk/people/daisy-may-cooper-bbc-this-country-kerry-mucklowe-david-copperfield-witchfinder/348495

QuoteSeries three – which has just been confirmed as the show's final outing – is as brilliant as ever. It begins with Kerry and Kurtan talking about the death of their friend Slugs (sadly Michael Sleggs who played him died of heart failure in 2019, aged 33). Kerry has a new job and Kurtan is consulting The Hairy Bikers' Cookbook.

What can fans expect from series three of the show?

"If the first series was more Kurtan's story and the second season was more Kerry's, then the third is more the vicar's. Kerry and Kurtan have both come on in leaps and bounds emotionally, maybe not materialistically or mentally, but I think they grow up this series."

I interviewed you just before series two came out and the pressure was high. How are you feeling now?

"It was quite difficult this series because we lost Michael Sleggs, who played Slugs, really quickly. It was such a short space of time from when we lost him to when we started filming, and because we were so caught up in that there wasn't that worry of: "We have to make it good." The first episode is all about him and we wanted to make it... [she starts to cry]. Sorry..."

holyzombiejesus

Quoteshe starts to cry.

Yes, how delightful.

Blue Jam

I put those quotes in because they give away bits about the plots for the new series. The interview in full is great and I love the photos.

Malcy

Has anyone read the book? It looks good and I keep thinking of just ordering it. The description on Amazon is great.

QuoteListen up chumps, basically the Vicar asked us to edit the parish newsletter this month, we weren't gonna do it at first cos the vicar said 'I want you to channel your energy into doing something creative', which he knows brings back Kurtan's PTSD cos our old woodwork teacher Mr Perkins used to say it to him all the time, and when Kurtan actually DID channel his energy into something creative he managed to sand down some MDF to make a back scratcher and Darren Lacey pointed at it and laughed and called it an 'abomination to woodwork', which made Kurtan throw a chair across the room in rage and one of the chair legs hit Rob Robinson and left a dent in his forehead.

So we decided to write this newsletter cos people need to the know the REAL s*** that goes down in our village, it ain't just fetes and duck races you know - it's proper f***** up.

All the best,

Kerry and Kurtan

p.s. Kurtan wants to make it clear that although this newsletter is in book format it does not make him any of the following:

Book worm
Book bummer
Boffin
Nerd alert
The lion, the witch and the book worm

p.p.s If you don't buy this newsletter that's fine, but we are getting a percent of the profits to donate to the Kerry Mucklowe eating fund, so if you don't buy it I'll basically starve. Which is fine if your conscience can deal with that utter headf***.

p.p.p.s If you were offended by any of the contents in this newsletter please post your complaints to PO BOX GET STUFFED.

Blue Jam

Bazooka

I'm really late to the party and only just started series 1, but think it's great, Kurtan tracking down the kid from school was great. Going to try and binge it all before series 3.

Blue Jam