Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:51:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This Country Series 3

Started by Malcy, January 21, 2020, 08:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Stop Dancer

I think my favourite character in this is Kerry's mum. One of the all time great unseen characters.

Blue Jam

I really hope Big Mandy is back.

Pink Gregory

Puce Moment

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 14, 2020, 11:42:42 PMI really hope Big Mandy is back.

I love all the scenes with Big Mandy. The underlying tension of threat almost propels this show into terrifying drama territory - she's like Pesci in Goodfellas sometimes.

Blue Jam

"Were you being rude to my mum?"

I genuinely had a sharp intake of breath when she popped up in that scene.

Blue Jam

wooders1978

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 17, 2020, 02:37:50 PM
On iplayer at 7pm tonight!

Aha! Excellent - I'll be patient in that case !

Malcy

Just watched the first episode. Was alright. No sign of the rest yet though unfortunately. Thought the whole thing was going up at 7.

Blue Jam

I liked that. Gentle and not too bleak after the bleakfest that was the special. I enjoyed Kerry getting into the recycling centre job but of course it couldn't last- Kerry is like her father with the criminal streak but minus the brains. Love Kerry and Kurtan's vitriolic friendship too.

The absence of Slugs was handled nicely too. I suspect they were right in thinking it's what Michael Sleggs would have wanted.

Really liked it too. A naturally subdued episode but still plenty of chuckles. Biggest laugh for me was Kerry describing her new pal Griff as a "simple beast" and meaning it as a compliment.

Blue Jam

"He's low-maintenance, emotionally"

holyzombiejesus

An indignant Kurtan is such a joy. Been finding Kerry/ Daisy's portrayal often unfunny since the 2nd series but I could watch Charlie Cooper going on with himself for hours. Still chuckle about his desperation to get to TK Max "to get the bargains I deserve".

Also, wasn't the 'turning Kerry's mum with an oar' joke nicked from The Simpsons?

jobotic

Kurtan making Kerry's dinner was delightful. Particularly as he said he was doing it to keep her in her job so he could get his money back, but he was clearly enjoying himself.

Puce Moment

Yeah, Kurtan pissed off is wonderful. I really love the scene when he packs in his job with his utterly cunty Uncle.

I really like this a lot, but I am smitten with the tone. By all accounts this series is going to focus on the Vicar, so I wonder if this opening episode was added in late as the Vicar hardly appears.

pancreas

Bazooka

Great again,Kurtan and saying "if Jesus was here he would be wreaking havoc on Kerry right now ". I too could listen to him go on and on.

I miss Sluggs, nice send off though.

Blue Jam

"Griff says he wants to go for a pint, but what would we talk about? I mean, all we've got in common is stealing"

Awww, lay off Kerry, she's great. I could watch her making various dimwitted facial expressions all day.

Good to see angry obsessive Kurtan though. I rewatched the special and I still love the way he behaves like a jilted lover towards the bowls club after they've sacked him. I do hope we see him back at the bowls club this series.

I do love Kurtan's obsessive character trait. One of my favourite bits is when Kerry describes him getting fixated on whatever happened to the Fuse bar and him contacting Cadbury's to find out.

Plus the punchline that they wrote back. "Sales weren't great, but thanks for writing in."

holyzombiejesus

The Guardian review is up and has loads of spoilers for the rest of the series, stupid cunts.

Utter Shit

I thought the whole new series was going up at once, but only the first one is up so far?

Malcy

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 20, 2020, 08:03:18 PM
I thought the whole new series was going up at once, but only the first one is up so far?

Yeah it was announced as happening that way but has reverted to one a week.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 20, 2020, 08:03:18 PM

I thought that too, but can't find anything to support the notion. All of the blurb pieces say that each episode premieres on iPlayer on Monday night with the TV broadcast later that evening...or as the paragon of publishing the Daily Express puts it:

QuoteEpisodess will air every Monday evening at 7pm on the iPlayer nad 10.35pm on BBC One.

This country.

Tony Tony Tony

Loved it, it was like a couple of old pals coming back from being away from a year working away and you find the haven't grown any wiser but got slightly more vituperative (look it up... I had to).

The highlights for me were imagining Kurtan turning Kerry's mum over with a snow shovel and where Kurtan applauded Sluggs sarcastically but directed his ire upwards.

I am looking forward to the return of Big Mandy especially as the street where I reside has her double, who I last saw kicking off in the local Tesco Express/Petrol Station. (Where they now have to employ security guards) I guess that the real joy of the prog is that it draws characters from life that we all recognize and if there is one you don't then it probably means that is you!       

wooders1978

Say what you like about kurtan but his "tiny bit of washing up liquid in with the dishwasher tablet" tip has changed my life

Jockice

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 15, 2020, 02:20:20 PM
"Were you being rude to my mum?"

I genuinely had a sharp intake of breath when she popped up in that scene.

That was - and she is - genuinely terrifying. I have a feeling she wouldn't be scared by transgender types in the ladies' toilets. Or indeed have any fear of using the men's.

Blue Jam

Daisy May Cooper Is A Legend Part A Million:

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18253306.country-statue-county-ground-swindon-town-v-grimsby-match/

QuoteThis Country's Kerry Mucklowe has been immortalised in a statue that will be on show outside the County Ground tomorrow.

Kerry, played by Daisy May Cooper in the hit BBC Three comedy, is known for her love of Swindon Town FC.

Taking the form of the famous The Thinker statue by Rodin, it has been travelling around the country since it was unveiled at the BFI Southbank in January.

Malcy

Maybe the bowls club will get one of Kurtan so he doesn't feel left out.