Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:41:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

This Country Series 3

Started by Malcy, January 21, 2020, 08:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Deleted scene from episode 1:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157432925745787

"A cappuccino with the girls"... oh gawd I love Kurtan. He's like Carl from Invasion Of The Jobsnatchers.

Tony Tony Tony

Top statue and ten times better than the Michael Jackson one at Fulham from a few years ago.

The Swindon article https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18253306.country-statue-county-ground-swindon-town-v-grimsby-match/  says "After it has visited the County Ground, Kerry's statue will then embark on a whistle-stop tour of several Cotswold towns and villages from February 28-March 1 before arriving at the BBC Bristol office, which will become its permanent home."

Anyone know if it is going to be in a public area and/or anyone close enough to the BBC Bristol offices to make a pilgrimage?

olliebean

Wow, that's poor. Looks more like an action figure than a statue. (The MJ one. The Kerry Mucklowe one is great.)

olliebean

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 22, 2020, 04:22:40 PM
Deleted scene from episode 1:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157432925745787

"A cappuccino with the girls"... oh gawd I love Kurtan. He's like Carl from Invasion Of The Jobsnatchers.

Getting a "Page Not Found" from this link.

Blue Jam

Malcy

Pink Gregory

Loving the way Kerry pronounces 'sharks'

BritishHobo

That was fucking great. Easily one of the best they've done. Nice to see them do a last series where they're still absolutely smashing it.

Malcy

I can't really get into it this time around. Cpuple of good moments but just bored. Didn't hold my attention for long. Think I'll wait until they're all our and try again.

pigamus

Presumably they haven't put them all up because it's the last series and it would give away the ending.

Pseudopath

"I hope she's UTTERLY crushed by this!"

Crying.

Was absolutely dying throughout that one too. Kurtan's immediate rage at June daring to have an open garden ("I BEG YOUR PARDON?") was sublime. Might be my favourite ep.

Blue Jam

"What's in the bag?"
"This? Oh, it's just a brick in a pillowcase."

I love Big Mandy.

Felt a genuine stab of fear when you could see her through the windscreen walking towards them.

Blue Jam

So far I'm enjoying this new series more than series 2. It seems a bit more subtle and gentle in a good way. No romance, no drugs, no serious crime, it's just back to the endless stretches of small-town boredom.

gmoney

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 24, 2020, 09:07:38 PM
"What's in the bag?"

I love Big Mandy.

We lost it at this and Kurtan subsequently driving away to get away from her. Great episode.

holyzombiejesus

I thought this was one of the best ones they've done too. Kurtan's rage upon finding out that June was opening her garden to the public!

derek stitt

Len being hospitalised after drinking stagnant water out of a bird bath and parsnip pubes did it for me.

jobotic

See what you loud fashion has done to your mother's favourite picture frame?

Kerry doing the impression of the Catherine wheel woman had me in physical discomfort from laughing so hard. Hard to disagree that this might be the best episode yet.

Jockice

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 24, 2020, 09:07:38 PM
"What's in the bag?"

I love Big Mandy.

i go to speech therapy sessions where I (and others in a similar predicament) get mentored by masters students as part of their course. We had our first session of the new semester last week. And one of the students looks exactly like Big Mandy. But with more tattoos. I'm just glad she's not my personal mentor (I have a bloke this time. He has the same first name and is from the same county as one of my relatives) otherwise I'd be in terror for the next few weeks.

Lines from this keep coming back to me and making me grin ear to ear. The vicar's speech was marvellous. "Look at what your loud fashion has done to your mother's painting."

Dannyhood91

Kerry's reaction of absolute terror as Kurtan knocked into the recycling bin was my highlight.

olliebean

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 24, 2020, 11:14:32 PM
I thought this was one of the best ones they've done too. Kurtan's rage upon finding out that June was opening her garden to the public!

"I beg your pardon?"

Blue Jam

June does sound like a fucking nightmare to be fair. And she wouldn't stop guffing in the town hall.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: olliebean on February 25, 2020, 11:15:46 AM
"I beg your pardon?"

Twice!

I'm sat here at my desk, laughing in to space like a weirdo just thinking about it.

Y'know that bit where Kurtan was talking about how you just can't help some people and Kerry started talking about sharks? When they used that as a trailer, did they cut it before Kurtan explained how Kerry had watched a documentary the night before?