Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,497
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:51:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH

Started by imitationleather, January 22, 2020, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are we fucked?

Yes
20 (15%)
No
16 (12%)
If the virus doesn't kill us, the hysteria will
17 (12.8%)
Not arsed mate, cigs
10 (7.5%)
Who fucking cares
7 (5.3%)
With a little bit of caution and awareness it might be okay (chance would be a fine thing)
8 (6%)
It'll be fine eventually
7 (5.3%)
It'll be fine eventually (but not in our lifetime)
3 (2.3%)
With EVERYTHING else gone to shit anyway it's probably for the best
10 (7.5%)
It's fine
4 (3%)
Raoul Moat
18 (13.5%)
Wolves did it
5 (3.8%)
May not be fucked, but I actually hope we are and I'm a fucking huge narcissist
7 (5.3%)
Should we go full HUMAN CENTIPEDE to avoid bogroll crisis?
1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 133

popcorn

What are these scanner things they keep showing in headline photos? What are they scanning? Do they work?

marquis_de_sad

They are non-contact infrared thermometers.

Sin Agog

Don't listen to him; they're tricorders.

Dex Sawash

Rates shagability through protective gear.  36.6c is pretty fit.

Under 30; he/she's not worthy.

imitationleather

Cases in Brighton have doubled in one day?

We're doomed!

idunnosomename

Quote from: imitationleather on February 09, 2020, 06:42:07 PM
Someone I know from Wuhan just posted this picture they took on Facebook:

near the end of the walk she can just hang the dog off a tree and leave it there

Blumf

Data!!

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3874013

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Data from Windy.com on Sunday (Feb. 9) showed heightened levels of sulfur dioxide around Wuhan, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), causing some to speculate that it is a sign of mass cremations of victims of the deadly disease.
The third possibility proposed was that: "Dead bodies are being burned on the outskirts of the city, the death numbers are way higher than the CCP is letting on about, and things are really, really bad." One netizen even calculated that it would take the burning of 14,000 bodies to reach such a high level of SO2.

https://www.windy.com/-SO2-mass-so2sm?so2sm,43.069,28.477,3

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

QDRPHNC

Saw on Reddit that people are being forcibly removed from their home or forcibly sealed into their homes. Seems... Bad?

bgmnts

Good god.

Although fucking hell how polluted is China? Mental.

katzenjammer

That's scary... or is it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/comments/f19uc8/debunking_the_burning_bodies_sulphur_sulfur/?

QuoteEarth null has an archive option and you can see countless other days before the epidemic when the sulfur dioxide level has been as high as that image.

QuoteLets see if this is plausible that cremation is the source...

"Sulfur represents about 0.25 percent of our total body weight"

Average person weighs 75 kg, so that's 187 grams of sulfur per person.

The concentration in the cloud is about 1 mg per m3 of sulfur, assuming tropospheric dispersal to 500 meters altitude and it spans about 100 km X 100 km.

That cloud is 5,000,000,000,000‬‬ m3 in volume.

At 1 milligrammes per m3, that cloud contains approx. 5,000,000,000,000‬ milligrammes of sulfur i.e. 5,000 tons of SO2, or 2,500 tonnes of sulfur or 1 million tonnes of corpses.

To create a cloud that size, you'd need to burn approx. 13.35 million people. Or burn 500,000 tons of Chinese coal (0.5% sulfur content).

gib

Quote from: imitationleather on February 10, 2020, 02:46:36 PM
Err... Fucking yikes?

If you go 'more layers' on that second link you can see where 'active fires' are.

Shit Good Nose

Jeepers, that's mental.  Maybe they're just having a dried fruit and cider festival????

Very early in the thread I mentioned that someone who works in my office's son came flew back from China and there were zero barriers or checks at either end.

Anyway, apparently he "handed himself in" by phoning 111 at the weekend as he had developed a "mild" fever which he does suspect is nothing more than a regular cold but he phoned them just to be sure, explaining that he'd got back from China a couple of weeks ago.  They've told him to keep an eye on his temperature - no mention of quarantining himself or anything like that.

So one could suggest there are some mixed messages going around at the moment.

imitationleather

So somewere between 0 and 13.35 million people are being burned outdoors?

In order to not be alarmist let's be conservative and say around 6.67 million people are having outdoor cremations.

This might not be entirely accruate so feel free to add or subtract a dozen but either way it is TIME TO PANIC!

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on February 10, 2020, 02:50:03 PM
Although fucking hell how polluted is China? Mental.

Epically so - they are currently building five coal power stations and there are at least three more planned.  Officially there are fifteen already running, but some industry insiders think that number is actually closer to twenty.

Still nowhere near as many as Australia, mind, but China also has a lot more cars and heavy industry which is topping up their pollution.

lankyguy95

Welp we're going to die. May as well try and break up my high school crush's marriage.

bgmnts

How big and industrial is Wuhan compared to cities like Beijing and Shangai?

Its listed as 10 on top 10 cities in China, with almost 8 million people and described as a transportation hub. So its big, but to be as polluted as Beijing? I don't know man.

Also, average person weighs 75kg? Average to Wuhan? Average to China? Average to the world? Weird.

imitationleather

All those saps with something to live for look pretty damn stupid right now.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on February 10, 2020, 03:18:30 PM
How big and industrial is Wuhan compared to cities like Beijing and Shangai?

Its listed as 10 on top 10 cities in China, with almost 8 million people and described as a transportation hub. So its big, but to be as polluted as Beijing? I don't know man.

I think Wuhan has more heavy industry than Beijing, and that's always going to be a big cause of a region's pollution.

Cuellar

They could also be burning dead livestock

marquis_de_sad

You could all just read that reddit post.

QuoteThis is where the "data" backing the theory falls apart. See, windy.com and earth.nullschool.net are not sources of historic data on sulphur emissions. They are forecasts. This is why they provide "data" of sulphur emissions in the future. Specifically, they are the NASA GEOS-5 22KM forecast. Understandably, a weather forecast will not predict sudden changes in human activity, such as a mass body burning.

Yes, this entire conspiracy theory is built off confusing a forecast with historic data.

Puce Moment

My brother in Singapore has posted about the panic buying going on (toilet paper, canned food, water etc) but he said most people there have resigned themselves to catching the virus and are keeping healthier and eating better in preperation for it.

Cuellar

danielreal2k

this is nothing to worry about is it,    is it?  nah must be something else, justeat delivery or something.

Space ghost

BlodwynPig

Quote from: danielreal2k on February 10, 2020, 03:56:09 PM
this is nothing to worry about is it,    is it?  nah must be something else, justeat delivery or something.

Residue Skripal

Dex Sawash

Alberon

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on February 10, 2020, 03:30:50 PM
You could all just read that reddit post.

OK, so they haven't cremated 13.35m people.

They're about to cremate 13.35m people.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Alberon on February 10, 2020, 05:38:42 PM
OK, so they haven't cremated 13.35m people.

They're about to cremate 13.35m people.

Anyone for barbecue?