Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:18:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH

Started by imitationleather, January 22, 2020, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are we fucked?

Yes
20 (15%)
No
16 (12%)
If the virus doesn't kill us, the hysteria will
17 (12.8%)
Not arsed mate, cigs
10 (7.5%)
Who fucking cares
7 (5.3%)
With a little bit of caution and awareness it might be okay (chance would be a fine thing)
8 (6%)
It'll be fine eventually
7 (5.3%)
It'll be fine eventually (but not in our lifetime)
3 (2.3%)
With EVERYTHING else gone to shit anyway it's probably for the best
10 (7.5%)
It's fine
4 (3%)
Raoul Moat
18 (13.5%)
Wolves did it
5 (3.8%)
May not be fucked, but I actually hope we are and I'm a fucking huge narcissist
7 (5.3%)
Should we go full HUMAN CENTIPEDE to avoid bogroll crisis?
1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Jerzy Bondov

My sister-in-law has decided to stop ordering from the Chinese takeaway until 'this all gets sorted out' because 'you can't be too careful'

popcorn

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on February 22, 2020, 01:25:43 AM
Popping in to say that I just got the thread title today. Cheers.

Can I have a clue?

Ray Travez

Quote from: popcorn on February 22, 2020, 08:42:43 AM
Can I have a clue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ltZmI5LQw

That bloody song's been in my head for a fortnight now due to this thread. I think I have a strong case for saying that I'm the real victim in all of this.

seepage

Quote from: Captain Z on February 22, 2020, 01:31:20 AM
Sorry to hear that, take care of yourself and stay isolated if possible.
Haha

popcorn

Quote from: Ray Travez on February 22, 2020, 09:37:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ltZmI5LQw

That bloody song's been in my head for a fortnight now due to this thread. I think I have a strong case for saying that I'm the real victim in all of this.

That was actually my best guess, but I dismissed it because the title is "rhythm of the night" and not "rhythm of the life" and so "death" didn't seem like a very good inversion. However I didn't know the artist name was Corona - a critical piece of the puzzle. In fact the only piece.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on February 22, 2020, 07:56:50 AM
My sister-in-law has decided to stop ordering from the Chinese takeaway until 'this all gets sorted out' because 'you can't be too careful'
tell her "yes you can"

Thomas

I've three oven pizzas in the freezer, but since two Italians have died I'm going to leave them there till this all gets sorted out.

Fambo Number Mive

According to the Guardian it appears parts of Northern Italy are going into an effective lockdown.

maett

Over here in South Korea working for a nationwide English academy chain. Head office just messaged all managers and all academies are to be closed for at least Monday and Tuesday. Resulting in a long weekend which is sweet, needless to say I shall be sealing my officetel  room's door with sellotape and spending the 2 days sat on my bed praying.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: C_Larence on February 23, 2020, 04:32:21 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=opFCAWZHpzg&feature=youtu.be

Is this video of mass wailing from wuhan real?

The English subs are wrong, otherwise it seems real. There was a video at the beginning of the lockdown from Wuhan when people were shouting "don't give up, Wuhan" at each other out of their windows, so I can imagine that growing into a mass release like this.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: bgmnts on February 23, 2020, 05:12:32 PM
Everything's fine.

I don't think things are fine in Wuhan, but in most of China things seem to be calming down. The issue is the spread of the virus outside of China which, despite everyone's best efforts, seems basically unstoppable at this point.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Dewt

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on February 23, 2020, 05:09:54 PM
The English subs are wrong, otherwise it seems real. There was a video at the beginning of the lockdown from Wuhan when people were shouting "don't give up, Wuhan" at each other out of their windows, so I can imagine that growing into a mass release like this.
It exactly is this. The audio from this played over a video with a different title.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Dewt on February 23, 2020, 07:59:07 PM
It exactly is this. The audio from this played over a video with a different title.

That explains why the Chinese subs continue after 0:18 even though the guy isn't talking anymore. They were accurate before that, so I guess they cut out the audio of him talking about how people letting off steam should be careful and dubbed screams on top. It fooled me, anyway.

popcorn

Was on a plane a couple of days ago and they had Contagion, the 2011 thriller, on. Interesting choice I thought. Watched it, it's quite good.

Blue Jam

Was going to book a holiday to Italy this weekend. Think Centre Parcs might now be a better option. Guaranteed germ-free holidays under a big glass dome. Might be all that's available soon.

Kryton

Zetetic

At the risk and in the hope of looking like an idiot in a month or so's time - I think we've lost at containment now.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Thomas on February 22, 2020, 05:23:09 PM
I've three oven pizzas in the freezer, but since two Italians have died I'm going to leave them there till this all gets sorted out.

Put them in deep freeze, in a couple of months there won't be anyone left who knows how to make pizza and their value will skyrocket, the same with linguine and organized crime.

Quote from: Zetetic on February 23, 2020, 11:11:30 PM
At the risk and in the hope of looking like an idiot in a month or so's time - I think we've lost at containment now.

Look on the bright side, at least we'll get some reliable stats now capitalist korea has started to jump up the hockey stick.

buttgammon

I'm meant to be going to Italy for a conference in the summer, and I was hoping to make a bit of a trip of it. Mightn't happen now.

Uncle TechTip

I've had about three colds since this thing started so I reckon I'm alright, I've already had it.

kittens

lol i'm in northern italy right now. we got coronascanned at the airport arriving. bleep infrared thermometer to the head. other than that nothing to do with coronavirus has happened. getting the train to milan today, will report back

Cardenio I

Obviously kittens is now fucked and will die imminently, but can someone smart please tell me what this means for those of us normal, hard working Brits who aren't charging into disease epicentres, tongues out and inhaling deeply with the tragically doomed enthusiasm of a Labrador puppy with leukemia.

Chollis

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on February 22, 2020, 07:56:50 AM

love this, exactly like a Play-it-safe Paul entry

Chollis

Quote from: kittens on February 24, 2020, 07:09:20 AM
lol i'm in northern italy right now. we got coronascanned at the airport arriving. bleep infrared thermometer to the head. other than that nothing to do with coronavirus has happened. getting the train to milan today, will report back

had that as well when I went to Turin, thought it was gonna be like in No Country for Old Men but it wasn't