Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:39:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH

Started by imitationleather, January 22, 2020, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are we fucked?

Yes
20 (15%)
No
16 (12%)
If the virus doesn't kill us, the hysteria will
17 (12.8%)
Not arsed mate, cigs
10 (7.5%)
Who fucking cares
7 (5.3%)
With a little bit of caution and awareness it might be okay (chance would be a fine thing)
8 (6%)
It'll be fine eventually
7 (5.3%)
It'll be fine eventually (but not in our lifetime)
3 (2.3%)
With EVERYTHING else gone to shit anyway it's probably for the best
10 (7.5%)
It's fine
4 (3%)
Raoul Moat
18 (13.5%)
Wolves did it
5 (3.8%)
May not be fucked, but I actually hope we are and I'm a fucking huge narcissist
7 (5.3%)
Should we go full HUMAN CENTIPEDE to avoid bogroll crisis?
1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 133

poo

Quote from: Cardenio I on February 24, 2020, 10:03:54 AM
Obviously kittens is now fucked and will die imminently, but can someone smart please tell me what this means for those of us normal, hard working Brits who aren't charging into disease epicentres, tongues out and inhaling deeply with the tragically doomed enthusiasm of a Labrador puppy with leukemia.

Hah

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cardenio I on February 24, 2020, 10:03:54 AM
Obviously kittens is now fucked and will die imminently, but can someone smart please tell me what this means for those of us normal, hard working Brits who aren't charging into disease epicentres, tongues out and inhaling deeply with the tragically doomed enthusiasm of a Labrador puppy with leukemia.

RIP Kittens

Kryton

Is this genuinely worth panicking about? Should I pack my job in and fuck off?

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Kryton on February 24, 2020, 02:26:13 PM

No. Just wash your hands regularly.

imitationleather

Quote from: Kryton on February 24, 2020, 02:26:13 PM

Stop trying to quit your job!

marquis_de_sad

I think he's just trying to get out of washing his hands.

Kryton

Pfft, you'll be telling me to shower regularly next.

kittens

gone to milan today and all the tourist attractions are shut which fucking sucks. my feet ache from walking around (can't be fucked to work out how to use a tram) and worst of all i've developed this annoying tickly cough

Cardenio I

BlodwynPig

Zetetic

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on February 24, 2020, 02:31:31 PM
No. Just wash your hands regularly.
Maybe have some stuff in the freezer, and some paracetamol in the house. But you should have this anyway, especially in flu season.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: kittens on February 24, 2020, 03:18:41 PM
gone to milan today and all the tourist attractions are shut which fucking sucks. my feet ache from walking around (can't be fucked to work out how to use a tram) and worst of all i've developed this annoying tickly cough

You wash your hands before you use this forum again, young man.

poo

Josef K

Going to Japan in three weeks and as a perpetually warm, clammy man, I'm terrified about getting mistakenly quarantined at the airport. 

idunnosomename

boomer dad cancelled holiday. It's very real now people

Norton Canes

Beginning to look like any holiday might be touch and go now.

Got a feeling we might be in for some seriously Scarfolk-style domestic lockdowns too.

Blumf

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 25, 2020, 10:15:47 AM
Beginning to look like any holiday might be touch and go now.

Brother-in-law just went out there for his hols. Last year he went to Florida just in time for hurricane Dorian. I'll be paying closer attention to his travel schedule from now on.

buttgammon

My conference (due to be held in June in Trieste) got the dreaded vote of confidence in The Guardian, who quoted the organisers as saying it's going ahead as they hope things will be resolved by then. Good thing I haven't booked my flights!

Captain Z

Quote from: kittens on February 24, 2020, 03:18:41 PM

On the plus side you can look forward to another 14 days off when you return.

QuoteBritons returning from northern Italy are being told to self-isolate in the UK if they show coronavirus symptoms.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said people with flu-like symptoms who have been north of Pisa are asked to stay at home for 14 days.

The advice also applies to anyone who recently returned from Italy's quarantined towns even if they have no symptoms, he said.

Zetetic

Buelligan

I think you should bring back your wonderful avatar Zetetic, something good has to come out of all this death.

Norton Canes

QuoteBritons returning from northern Italy are being told to self-isolate in the UK if they show coronavirus symptoms. Health Secretary Matt Hancock said people with flu-like symptoms who have been north of Pisa are asked to stay at home for 14 days

Even if it turns out they have contracted the virus

shiftwork2

I thought LOCKDOWN happened to gang bangers from South Central; seems a bit incongruous applied to sleepy Italian villages and hotels in the Canaries.

kittens

knowing my luck i'm not gonna get coronavirus and i'll have to go to work again. feels like if i fake symptoms i could get rubbished in the national press. but then again it's two weeks off work. what should i do

idunnosomename

lie in a pit and wait for men in haz suits to torch you with flamethrowers

imitationleather

kittens

just seen an italian headline saying the town i am staying in is now under quarantine. very cool. hope i get it and die

Alberon

I'm supposed to be going to Valencia in under a month and Northern Bloody Italy in June.

It looks like all my holiday time will be spent in the back garden and dead.